Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Firestartergold1

Influenza Season

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,413
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,177 posts
14,046 battles
7 minutes ago, Firestartergold1 said:

So, how's everyone's flu season going? In a few days is Christmas. Hope everyone has a happy Holidays. I got the flu a few days ago, anyone else?

So far we have dodged the flu bug bullet. However it's usually after Christmas and New Year when it starts hitting full stride. Please remember to wash your hands often. Especially after going out in public and before eating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Drink like a fish in the next few winter months.  Keep your blood level so alcohol toxic that no germ or virus could possibly survive in your body. 

 

Just kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
189 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Drink like a fish in the next few winter months.  Keep your blood level so alcohol toxic that no germ or virus could possibly survive in your body. 

 

Just kidding.

Actually, that can help. Drink lots of water though. But yeah, the flu can dehydrate you so be sure to drink lots of water and eat healthy, it will give your body energy to fight alongside the medicine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
12 minutes ago, Firestartergold1 said:

Actually, that can help. Drink lots of water though. But yeah, the flu can dehydrate you so be sure to drink lots of water and eat healthy, it will give your body energy to fight alongside the medicine.

I had the flu for the first time since I was a kid (years and years ago) last year.  It was brutal.  The REAL FLU is bad bad.  Many people will say they were sick for like 3 days and had the flu.  No way!  That was not the flu if you were only sick for 3 days.  Just a bug of some sort generally.  The real deal is brutal with fever and bone ache and all kinds of crazy bad stuff.  I was sick as all hell last winter and it took 2 weeks before I was even functional.  Thought I was gonna die.....and many do every year from flu. Vomiting a bunch is common.  Young kids and the elderly are the biggest risks for death from real flu.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
189 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

I had the flu for the first time since I was a kid (years and years ago) last year.  It was brutal.  The REAL FLU is bad bad.  Many people will say they were sick for like 3 days and had the flu.  No way!  That was not the flu if you were only sick for 3 days.  Just a bug of some sort generally.  The real deal is brutal with fever and bone ache and all kinds of crazy bad stuff.  I was sick as all hell last winter and it took 2 weeks before I was even functional.  Thought I was gonna die.....and many do every year from flu.  Young kids and the elderly especially. 

Yeah, I have it kinda weak, but it was confirmed flu. I have minor aches and a pretty bad headache here and there but eh. Main thing I am worried about is my parents, who are elderly. I have it so I can't really go near them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
743
[HELLS]
Members
2,559 posts
25,374 battles

Not going well. Got flu shot in late October. Went to Germany to visit the grandkids and had lots of fun, but two transatlatic flights in 10 days was too much. 20 hours of airplanes did me in. Had to stay put for four days and missed the opening week of the Dreadnought missions, which will leave me two wins short on New Year's Eve. Life goes on anyway. Merry Christmas everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
189 battles
1 minute ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Not going well. Got flu shot in late October. Went to Germany to visit the grandkids and had lots of fun, but two transatlatic flights in 10 days was too much. 20 hours of airplanes did me in. Had to stay put for four days and missed the opening week of the Dreadnought missions, which will leave me two wins short on New Year's Eve. Life goes on anyway. Merry Christmas everyone!

Oof, I got the shot in early October, still got the flu but not bad. Best wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,684
Alpha Tester
6,191 posts
3,058 battles

I got my flu shot literally as soon as it was available. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be a second, ultra-nasty strain again like last year, when I was left basically on my *ss waiting to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
189 battles
1 minute ago, 1Sherman said:

I got my flu shot literally as soon as it was available. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be a second, ultra-nasty strain again like last year, when I was left basically on my *ss waiting to die.

Yeah, no one could have predicted last year. It mutated, thankfully this years shot included protection for all 4. I got the 2nd one, type B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,013
[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,025 posts
24,623 battles

Got  flu shot back in sept I try to avoid crowds during the winter due to colds and flus running around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,607
[RLGN]
Members
13,486 posts
23,534 battles
2 hours ago, Firestartergold1 said:

So, how's everyone's flu season going? In a few days is Christmas. Hope everyone has a happy Holidays. I got the flu a few days ago, anyone else?

Had mine earlier; whatever the reason I tend to get it early, then not get bothered much while everyone else is suffering...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,633
[TBW]
Members
9,770 posts
16,559 battles
2 hours ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

Elderberry Extract: Nature’s “Tamiflu”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/09/daisy-luther/natures-flu-stopper/

Been giving it to Granny, she just turned 100 on December 13th. Lot's of garlic and onions too. Colloidal Silver too.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
933 posts
4,061 battles

Currently have a slightly sore throat, a stuffy nose and slight fatigue.

However in most cases my diseases almost never advance to their full strength and they often die the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
189 battles
5 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

Currently have a slightly sore throat, a stuffy nose and slight fatigue.

However in most cases my diseases almost never advance to their full strength and they often die the next day.

Semi same. This is the second time I have gotten my flu in my life. I never got the vaccine till this year. I got it last year for about four days, I have it this year for about a day so far. I am not an anti vaxxer.

Edited by Firestartergold1
Clarify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
933 posts
4,061 battles
28 minutes ago, Firestartergold1 said:

Semi same. This is the second time I have gotten my flu in my life. I never got the vaccine till this year. I got it last year for about four days, I have it this year for about a day so far. I am not an anti vaxxer.

Last year I didn't get a flu shot (I'm not an anti-vaxxer either) but I really never got the full sickness

This year I did get a flu shot though, since I was getting other shots and I might as well take the flu shot with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
189 battles
4 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

Last year I didn't get a flu shot (I'm not an anti-vaxxer either) but I really never got the full sickness

This year I did get a flu shot though, since I was getting other shots and I might as well take the flu shot with it

Same. I got the shot just by its self though. My parents got the super one because they're elderly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,253
[STW-N]
Members
3,823 posts
8,628 battles

Took the vaccine (first time I've actually got it), and currently camped out in Honolulu, so I should be safe for a while

Already had Strep a few months ago, no need to relive that experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,651
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

Tips for not getting sick:

  • Avoid crowds, especially indoors
  • Wash hands every two hours or wear gloves in public
  • Use fresh Kleenex to wipe your nose and eyes, not your hands
  • Rinse your toothbrush with disinfectant before putting it up
  • Gargle with warm salt water at the first sign of a tickle
  • Drink lots of fluids
  • Adults take aspirin for inflammation and fever

I've never had a flu shot. I have had mild bouts of the flu but nothing more than a muscle aches. The problem with the flu shot it that it is for last-years flu. Influenza is an RNA virus and mutates rapidly. By the time a vaccine can be made it's already mutated. Babies and the elderly may benefit from a vaccine, However, otherwise healthy people might end up worse off by visiting a crowded doctor's office full of sick people and catching the flu from them than if they had not gotten a vaccination at all. 

 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[WOLF2]
Members
786 posts
17,274 battles

Molecular biologist Judy A. Mikovits, PhD, reveals the disturbing true story of how she was thrown in prison for blowing the whistle on deadly viral contamination of human vaccines.

 

 

National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×