You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Congratulations WG, you found me a credit sink

73 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles

Congratulations WG, you found me a credit sink, a place where I can dump large parts of my 700m+ credits. That being, buying back all the T9s I sold to farm 50 steel on in a single coop match before selling them again at 50% credit loss.

... 16 times.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

Members
6,280 posts
19,822 battles

seems like car buying math, buy it for 20 mill, sell it for 10 mill, and re buy it for 20 mill. and then sell it for 10 mill.

20 mill credits per ship for 50 steel,

Seems about how I roll, I approve. As soon as you throw hundreds of millions away, there will be a 1 Billion credit ship...

See the source image

• Funny 2

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,716 posts
16,325 battles

If you are sitting on 300 Million credits ( or more - I know people with a Billion ) it's a great way to convert them to something more useful in game.

• Cool 1

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, went from over 100 mil to about 15 in a couple days. It's all good, though, I've got a number for credit grind missions going or upcoming, and the Santa crates that didn't have ships or gold in them all had some variation of credit flag. I'll just start stacking them on Musashi and be back up to a comfortable margin in a few weeks.

Matt

[A-I-M]
Members
2,700 posts
12,377 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

Congratulations WG, you found me a credit sink, a place where I can dump large parts of my 700m+ credits. That being, buying back all the T9s I sold to farm 50 steel on in a single coop match before selling them again at 50% credit loss.

... 16 times.

Falls under the heading of “First world problems”

heehee.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
46 minutes ago, Lert said:

... 16 times.

You could have held on to them until midday the 26th when the -15% is over. The -50% off is T2-T5. Of course, if you are in a clan with the full ship purchase discount building, you always have -15% off.

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

I rebought a ton of lower tier ships too. 

For the first time in years I'm actually in a position to think about credits.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,660 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

... 16 times.

Income redistribution.  No one needs that many credits.  Think of all us poor potatoes begging for Credits in parking lots.  Do your part.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,635 battles
1 hour ago, Abides said:

seems like car buying math, buy it for 20 mill, sell it for 10 mill, and re buy it for 20 mill. and then sell it for 10 mill.

20 mill credits per ship for 50 steel,

Seems about how I roll, I approve. As soon as you throw hundreds of millions away, there will be a 1 Billion credit ship...

See the source image

A car is the best investment you can ever make … in your ego :)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Income redistribution.  No one needs that many credits.  Think of all us poor potatoes begging for Credits in parking lots.  Do your part.

If I could gift my credits to people I would.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
985 posts
13,504 battles

Any particular reason to sell the ships off?  :cap_hmm:  I've opted to keep mine just because (and I still have 74 port slots left). :Smile_hiding:

Members
6,280 posts
19,822 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

A car is the best investment you can ever make … in your ego :)

ha, then you may not be a boater...talk about financial ruin.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,660 posts
4,602 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

If I could gift my credits to people I would.

I know you would, my friend.  Let us speak no more of it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
2 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Um...why did you sell the ships in the first place?

'cos I don't like most of the T9s. I keep a few around I do like for when I need to play T9, but for the vast majority of the T9s in this game, I really don't enjoy them.

Members
6,280 posts
19,822 battles
14 minutes ago, Volron said:

Any particular reason to sell the ships off?  :cap_hmm:  I've opted to keep mine just because (and I still have 74 port slots left). :Smile_hiding:

many players including myself sold their previous ships to help fund their new ships... thousands of games later they are backfilled...at least that was how I did it.

Beta Testers
418 posts
13,780 battles

Lert!  This is awesome.   Now to go spend some of my 987m creds.....   (Fujin whoring ftw)

Edit:  First time I check the forum in months, and this gem appears.    Maybe I should return more?    (slaps face)  What am I thinking?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,635 battles
20 minutes ago, Abides said:

ha, then you may not be a boater...talk about financial ruin.

My ego requires a huge yacht with mega displacement and power to spare … naked women lying on my foredeck and feeding me sushi using only their tongues … 

But, I digress :)

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,404 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

... 16 times.

Only 16 ?  I have already done all the tier 9's (except for the two I have i port) and two of the tier 10's with all but the one I have for clan battles ! So have all of the rest of the tier 10's to go yet , sigh .  The ones I already did had me all worn out yesterday and I think I will take my time with the other tier 10's .

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,635 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

... 16 times.

Why sell, you know you're going to go through all this again next year right?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
3 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Only 16 ? 

16 tier 9s to buy back. 17 tier 10s, 1 tier 9 tech tree ship I'm keeping, 2 tier 9 premiums and 11 tier 8 prems to farm steel on.

I've completed all of those but 3 of the tier 9s to buy back.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

Why sell, you know you're going to go through all this again next year right?

Yep!

Why sell? Why keep them, cluttering up my port, ships I don't like? And what else am I going to spend my credits on?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,635 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yep!

Why sell? Why keep them, cluttering up my port, ships I don't like? And what else am I going to spend my credits on?

Maybe go for collector 3000 patch! :)