You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tainteddoughnut

Santa Horn..why can't we disable it

92 comments in this topic

[IN3PT]
Members
135 posts
19,902 battles

Seriously I get most people are christian and don't mind but as one who isn't it really would be nice if there was an option to disable this. As someone who holds a different faith the months from Oct. to Jan. are enough of a pain in the rear already. Not that hard WG to just ya know enable a toggle that removes it.   For a company that likes to claim to control toxicity in their community(scan chat logs much) and all they have no problems helping create uncomfortable and toxic environments for religious minorities. Now of course let the down voting and hate commence because diety of choice forbid someone want to turn off a christian based sound effect.  Not saying remove it just give people the choice to disable the christmas content. I don't expect the world to celebrate my holidays don't expect me to celebrate yours.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 12
  • Meh 10

Members
5,111 posts
9,453 battles

Santa has no real connection to any specific religion.  In the far past he could be connected to several religions - including Pagans.  Int eh modern world he is far more marketing of the holidays than anything else.  If the sound was 'O Holy Night' then I think you got an argument but not with Santa.  And this from a guy who went to Catholic schools from 4th to 12th grade and is no longer practicing any religion.  'Santa' is not taught in any Catholicism class as a tenant of the religion.

• Cool 4

[IN3PT]
Members
135 posts
19,902 battles
3 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Seriously? We have nothing else to [edited] about? You bring this in? True snowflake here boys.

Guess you have never lived in fear of being federaly charged because the President...yes the president of the US tried to issue a mandate banning your religion in the military. Guess you never had to fight for years to get the right to be buried with a proper headstone because the US military considers your faith to be unimportant. So go ahead call me a snowflake that's fine I know a lot of people are going to. But notice I didn't say remove it just make it something that can be toggled on and off. But I truly hope you never have to live in fear for what your believe in. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 10

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,709 posts
16,249 battles
28 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Seriously I get most people are christian and don't mind but as one who isn't it really would be nice if there was an option to disable this. As someone who holds a different faith the months from Oct. to Jan. are enough of a pain in the rear already. Not that hard WG to just ya know enable a toggle that removes it.   For a company that likes to claim to control toxicity in their community(scan chat logs much) and all they have no problems helping create uncomfortable and toxic environments for religious minorities. Now of course let the down voting and hate commence because diety of choice forbid someone want to turn off a christian based sound effect.  Not saying remove it just give people the choice to disable the christmas content. I don't expect the world to celebrate my holidays don't expect me to celebrate yours.

Santa Claus is not related to Christianity in the least.  The fact that it bothers you talks more about your intolerance for other religions than any supposed intolerance you are receiving.

• Cool 7
  • Meh 1

[IN3PT]
Members
135 posts
19,902 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

TlTVVcB.jpg

Check box in Audio Settings on the bottom right.

That disables them completely removing it so it can not be used as a warning. Believe it or not the horn isn't just for spamming some people actually use it to alert others of impending collision. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
11 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Guess you have never lived in fear of being federaly charged because the President...yes the president of the US tried to issue a mandate banning your religion in the military. Guess you never had to fight for years to get the right to be buried with a proper headstone because the US military considers your faith to be unimportant. So go ahead call me a snowflake that's fine I know a lot of people are going to. But notice I didn't say remove it just make it something that can be toggled on and off. But I truly hope you never have to live in fear for what your believe in. 

I am aware that there has been an issue about transgender in the military with this President but I was not aware there was an issue regarding a person's religion.  What is you religion?  Of course you certainly need not respond to that question if you wish not to.  

[IN3PT]
Members
135 posts
19,902 battles
4 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Santa Claus is not related to Christianity in the least.  The fact that it bothers you talks more about your intolerance for other religions than any supposed intolerance you are receiving.

Right...hes not intimately tied to the Christmas holiday.(christmas being a christian holiday) at all. I guess everything I have experienced in my decades of life has all been false....got it.  

• Meh 3

[IN3PT]
Members
135 posts
19,902 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

I am aware that there has been an issue about transgender in the military with this President but I was not aware there was an issue regarding a person's religion.  What is you religion?  Of course you certainly need not respond to that question if you wish not to.  

Baby Bush issued an order banning Wiccans from practicing on bases made it an offense punishable by court martial. SO in essence you got banned access to religious support and practice in many situations. This was kept very hush hush and honestly no one cared as there was a very small and I mean thousands at most number of wiccans in the entire US military.  But wasn't the only time good ole christians tried to ruin my life. High school english teacher kept failing me (in a public school none the less) because I needed proper faith and guidance. ..so again people will have to maybe take a step back and look at things differently this time of year for some isn't about love and peace it's actually about oppression and hate and is a strong reminder to some of us that being of a different faith in this so called free country is in fact not okay.  Just maybe you want to sit down and enjoy a game without getting blasted by the religion that has followers who go out of their way to harm you.....but I guess that makes me a snowflake as was previously stated. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 4

Members
1,257 posts
7,399 battles
5 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

I guess everything I have experienced in my decades of life has all been false....got it.  

Regardless of religion or lack thereof, many people experience "things" in their life simply because they are jerks. Called pricks, in jersey.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[GT99]
Members
716 posts
11,126 battles
12 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

This was my next thought, intolerance. Intolerance is one the detriments to today's society. Snowflakes don't know a thing about tolerance.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
130 posts
2,383 battles
8 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Right...hes not intimately tied to the Christmas holiday.(christmas being a christian holiday) at all. I guess everything I have experienced in my decades of life has all been false....got it.  

It's not, it is a pagan holiday celebrating winter solstice that some Christians decided to take over in order to make conversion to their religion easier and more convenient.

• Cool 5

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
763 posts
11,528 battles

Oh, poor, poor, pitiful me...I'm a religious minority.  If Santa triggers you, you must be loads of fun to be around the rest of the year.  There are lots of other important issues to direct your whine.  Get a puppy and coloring book and enjoy the season.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GT99]
Members
716 posts
11,126 battles
6 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Baby Bush issued an order banning Wiccans from practicing on bases made it an offense punishable by court martial. SO in essence you got banned access to religious support and practice in many situations. This was kept very hush hush and honestly no one cared as there was a very small and I mean thousands at most number of wiccans in the entire US military.  But wasn't the only time good ole christians tried to ruin my life. High school english teacher kept failing me (in a public school none the less) because I needed proper faith and guidance. ..so again people will have to maybe take a step back and look at things differently this time of year for some isn't about love and peace it's actually about oppression and hate and is a strong reminder to some of us that being of a different faith in this so called free country is in fact not okay.  Just maybe you want to sit down and enjoy a game without getting blasted by the religion that has followers who go out of their way to harm you.....but I guess that makes me a snowflake as was previously stated. 

Again, wth does Santa have to do with religion? Yeah, Christians are ruining your life...spectacular. No you and only you have the ability to ruin your life, quit blaming others and take responsibility for yourself.

Edit: Yes, keep downvoting me, you are just proving my point lol.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[IN3PT]
Members
135 posts
19,902 battles

Funny how you just want an ability to toggle something off ..not removed everyone who wants to enjoy their holiday should. But funny how many people have to come in with the insults swinging...so who is the snowflake?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
4,388 posts
50 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

What are you talking about. Santa is not a religion its a person from Germany that gave kids toys and turned into what he is today.

I have not even hear the santa horn. If you dint like it dont have sound on.

The nost importaint thing is why are you craping on Christmas. So tired of NPC destroying everything.

Leave the world alone and if you dont like a horn then dont listen.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
5,111 posts
9,453 battles

While I disagree with Bush but the fact is Santa is not equated to Christian religion and is not part of the teachings of the religion at all.  It can very much be argued that Christmas has its basic toots as a Pagan celebration that Christians took over to get more converts (I love pointing this out to hard core Christians who don't understand the basics of 'religious' holidays).

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
716 posts
11,126 battles
Just now, tainteddoughnut said:

Funny how you just want an ability to toggle something off ..not removed everyone who wants to enjoy their holiday should. But funny how many people have to come in with the insults swinging...so who is the snowflake?

Nothing to do with that, it's tiresome to see all the whiners not getting what they feel they deserved. Tolerate and move on, that is how a truly tolerant and mature person does things. I did not insult you, only stated the obvious, you are insulting yourself and continue to do so.

• Meh 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,601 posts
4,602 battles
53 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Seriously I get most people are christian and don't mind but as one who isn't it really would be nice if there was an option to disable this

Sorry to report this since it might shatter your illusions, but Santa isn't a Christian symbol.  Oh, the myth started as a Christian myth, but it has long since ceased to be that.  Now Santa is a secular symbol of either gift giving or gift receiving (take your choice), neither of which is strictly "Christian".

Now, that said, I hate the Ho Ho horn too.  Perhaps because I am Christian.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
22 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

That disables them completely removing it so it can not be used as a warning. Believe it or not the horn isn't just for spamming some people actually use it to alert others of impending collision. 

Unfortunately, the Santa HoHoHo is tied to the horn during December. I don't know of any other way to disable it besides turning the horn off.