You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

PSA: Don't Sell CVs

14 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,463 battles

For those of you buying back your tier VII and IX CVs to get some extra Steel/Coal, I would recommend that you not sell them after the fact. This is because with the CV rework, you'll likely receive credit compensation for these ships.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,857 posts
2 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

For those of you buying back your tier VII and IX CVs to get some extra Steel/Coal, I would recommend that you not sell them after the fact. This is because with the CV rework, you'll likely receive credit compensation for these ships.

how will the cv rework deal with existing cvs, and how about t5?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

and the tier5,7 and 9 cvs will get their ex´transfered to the free exp pool if i remember.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

and the tier5,7 and 9 cvs will get their ex´transfered to the free exp pool if i remember.

Considering how Alaska (or any other possible FXP Premium; whether it's a mid-tier like Nelson or another high tier) won't likely be out before the CV overhaul, I could possibly burn some FXP to unlock T10 and reclaim most of it back come the CV overhaul.

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,463 battles
32 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Considering how Alaska (or any other possible FXP Premium; whether it's a mid-tier like Nelson or another high tier) won't likely be out before the CV overhaul, I could possibly burn some FXP to unlock T10 and reclaim most of it back come the CV overhaul.

I have the opposite problem in a way. Given the lack of individuality amongst the reworked carriers, I'm probably just going to Free XP to the tier X when the British line comes out. Plus I'm still debating over whether or not to get the Musashi to get its Steel.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I have the opposite problem in a way. Given the lack of individuality amongst the reworked carriers, I'm probably just going to Free XP to the tier X when the British line comes out. Plus I'm still debating over whether or not to get the Musashi to get its Steel.

750K free XP or 176K coal before the coupon to get how much steel??? Not worth it unless you actually want the ship, IMO.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,857 posts
38 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

it may be good idea to get t5 since it's on sale, then get back fxp and earn more credit...

[A-I-M]
Members
2,684 posts
12,339 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

750K free XP or 176K coal before the coupon to get how much steel??? Not worth it unless you actually want the ship, IMO.

Maybe if you’re perilously close to the Stalingrad and need that last bit of steel to get over the top...

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

You can't yet figure out how much FXP you will get back from each odd tier CV as the XP for the new even tiered CVs has not been released. We probably won't find out until the patch notes.

But I agree 100%, hang on to your CVs as there will be compensation.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles
39 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can't yet figure out how much FXP you will get back from each odd tier CV as the XP for the new even tiered CVs has not been released. We probably won't find out until the patch notes.

But I agree 100%, hang on to your CVs as there will be compensation.

I've got the one odd-tiered CV that's truly doomed. Its Japanese counterpart is moving up to T6 in the "split" line, but the Bogue seems to be vanishing forever. Once I'm done with farming co-op wins to get Dreadnought, I'm going to take her out in Randoms and see how badly I fail at her.

I should probably repurchase Langley while everything is cheap, yes?