Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Arctander2

If I buy PEF now, and earn it in the campaign, I get 6800db - right?

25 comments in this topic

Members
84 posts
745 battles

Sorry if this is a noob question, and I searched for clarification on the forum, but... I hope the title says it clearly enough, but the wording on the prem packages for the Prinz Eitel Friedrich says: "If you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 6,800 doubloons as compensation." I don't have it already, but if I buy it now and then earn it by completing the campaign, I want to make sure I'll get the 6.8K for it at that point. Thanks for any info and links about it.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/9351/

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
18 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thanks. One of the two of $59.99 or $32.29 was at like 4700 doubloons and they changed it to 6800 yesterday. I thought I had checked the others, but must have missed them.

@Radar_X, @Pigeon_of_War, @Gneisenau013, @turbo07, @TheURLGuy, @iKami, @Sub_Octavian

Something is up with the Prinz bundles please.

The $129.99 bundle has the doubloon value for earning PEF in-game as 4,760 doubloons.

4fQGblX.jpg

The $99.99 bundle has the doubloon value for earning PEF in-game as 5,780 doubloons.

kAaSUPX.jpg

Both the $59.99 bundle and the $32.29 PEF along have the advertised 6,800 doubloon price.

FZlyEEp.jpg

gljfhB9.jpg

Would you investigate please if these are typos or if the bigger bundles get less doubloons please?

The amounts in shop for doubloons appear to be typos.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/prinz-eitel-friedrich/

Byg0Xit.jpg

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,409 posts
12,523 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Byg0Xit.jpg

Not typos, just different situations.

If you already have the ship in port and you buy a bundle, you get the price of the purchased ship in dubs, but since the price of the ship is discounted its not 6,800.

If you already have the ship in your port and earn it through the directives, then you get the full dub value.

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
12 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Not typos, just different situations.

If you already have the ship in port and you buy a bundle, you get the price of the purchased ship in dubs, but since the price of the ship is discounted its not 6,800.

If you already have the ship in your port and earn it through the directives, then you get the full dub value.

If the two bigger bundles give less doubloons, that will be a problem.

Members
1,206 posts
6,716 battles

I've been watching to see how this ship performs in battle...don't know for sure if it's crappy captains, crappy boat, or both. It just doesn't seen worthy of giving up coin to acquire.

I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm wrong, just have seen no evidence to indicate it's worth buying. Wish it was, really. German battleships like this one look very good, but that seems to be about all there is to it.

[SYN]
Members
7,409 posts
12,523 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

If the two bigger bundles give less doubloons, that will be a problem.

They give less if you earn the ship then buy the bundle (or buy it then buy it again)

WG changed things a while back where if you buy a ship at X% off but already have said ship, then you get X% fewer dubs.

I don't really see why it would be a problem since it would be pretty dumb to buy the ship twice or earn it then buy it.

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
13 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They give less if you earn the ship then buy the bundle (or buy it then buy it again)

WG changed things a while back where if you buy a ship at X% off but already have said ship, then you get X% fewer dubs.

I don't really see why it would be a problem since it would be pretty dumb to buy the ship twice or earn it then buy it.

It's a pretty long grind. I bought it and then if I grind it, I get 2k less doubloons? That is messed up. I'm hoping for a typo.

[SYN]
Members
7,409 posts
12,523 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's a pretty long grind. I bought it and then if I grind it, I get 2k less doubloons? That is messed up. I'm hoping for a typo.

No, If you bought it first then grind it out, you get the full dub value.

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
20 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

This can get soo confusing and I'm the one that usually figures this out. WG needs a better way to communicate. Put in some examples as it can get confusing.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
55 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This can get soo confusing and I'm the one that usually figures this out. WG needs a better way to communicate. Put in some examples as it can get confusing.

What they did is reduce the compensation by the so called "discount" on the original bundle -15% and -30%

I find this faulty logic since it's a kind of reverse clawback of the advertised discount - ie fraud :)

You cannot advertise a discount and retroactively take it back 

The resulting mathematical games they are playing and the fact that this makes the more expensive bundle less attractive illustrates wg fubar

This is bad marketing and manipulative … kind of like the whole currencies mess

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Prove it - I see weasel math and I'm not even convinced they wouldn't give credits at this point

The compensation in doubloons makes or breaks these bundles, which are borderline breakeven and offer a lot of crap

Edit: Ok, I was a little pissed off when I wrote this after all the money I've spent on this game - glad if I'm proven wrong on this point regarding credits

Edited by Commander_367

Members
84 posts
745 battles

Well, I'm glad I asked! Thanks to all who replied, I hope we can get an official response in this to clarify if it is 6800 db for everyone who buys it, or if the compensation varies by the package, etc.

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Well, I'm glad I asked! Thanks to all who replied, I hope we can get an official response in this to clarify if it is 6800 db for everyone who buys it, or if the compensation varies by the package, etc.

Well, what @Kapitan_Wuff has said is that if you buy PEF in the shop or earn it in game and then buy it again in the shop, you get the amount of doubloons depending on the package you bought. So say you earn PEF and then buy Steel Prinz, you get 4,760 doubloons. If you buy the $32 PEF and then buy the Mighty Prinz package, you get 5,780 doubloons. If you buy ANY of the PEF deals in the shop and then earn it, what then applies is what was in the PEF article on the main site, saying that if you earn it and have it in port already, you get 6,800 doubloons.

5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Thanks. One of the two of $59.99 or $32.29 was at like 4700 doubloons and they changed it to 6800 yesterday. I thought I had checked the others, but must have missed them.

@Radar_X, @Pigeon_of_War, @Gneisenau013, @turbo07, @TheURLGuy, @iKami, @Sub_Octavian

Something is up with the Prinz bundles please.

The $129.99 bundle has the doubloon value for earning PEF in-game as 4,760 doubloons.

4fQGblX.jpg

The $99.99 bundle has the doubloon value for earning PEF in-game as 5,780 doubloons.

kAaSUPX.jpg

Both the $59.99 bundle and the $32.29 PEF along have the advertised 6,800 doubloon price.

FZlyEEp.jpg

gljfhB9.jpg

Would you investigate please if these are typos or if the bigger bundles get less doubloons please?

5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Byg0Xit.jpg

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles

6 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:
7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes, you get 6800 doubloons for it if you earn it in the PEF event and already have it.

7 hours ago, Lert said:

Yep.

How do you know this and what's your source … 

Experience says credits

This article of which I took a screenshot.

6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Byg0Xit.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This article of which I took a screenshot.

Thanks for clearing that up +1

for some reason I'm still pissed off though lol o7

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Thanks for clearing that up +1

for some reason I'm still pissed off though lol o7

I was getting the doubloon compensation from having it in port and buying it and the compensation for buying it and then earning it.

Members
84 posts
745 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, what @Kapitan_Wuff has said is that if you buy PEF in the shop or earn it in game and then buy it again in the shop, you get the amount of doubloons depending on the package you bought. So say you earn PEF and then buy Steel Prinz, you get 4,760 doubloons. If you buy the $32 PEF and then buy the Mighty Prinz package, you get 5,780 doubloons. If you buy ANY of the PEF deals in the shop and then earn it, what then applies is what was in the PEF article on the main site, saying that if you earn it and have it in port already, you get 6,800 doubloons.

Sounds good, but is Kaptan_Wuff an employee? I thought he was just another player... no? Is he an official source?

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
10 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Sounds good, but is Kaptan_Wuff an employee? I thought he was just another player... no? Is he an official source?

No, but we are going off the official article and shop notes.

Members
84 posts
745 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No, but we are going off the official article and shop notes.

Ok. Tnx for all the follow ups and info!

[PVE]
Members
14,933 posts
9,477 battles
34 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

Ok. Tnx for all the follow ups and info!

You are welcome. If you look under someone's name in the forum, you will see if they are a WG employee or not. Community Contributors are volunteers.

[SYN]
Members
7,409 posts
12,523 battles
3 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Prove it - I see weasel math and I'm not even convinced they wouldn't give credits at this point

The compensation in doubloons makes or breaks these bundles, which are borderline breakeven and offer a lot of crap

Edit: Ok, I was a little pissed off when I wrote this after all the money I've spent on this game - glad if I'm proven wrong on this point regarding credits

2 hours ago, Arctander2 said:

Seems pretty clear based on the articles and past standards/practices, but I am don't have any insider knowledge just a player with experience dealing with WG logic and a bit of reading comprehension lol. But since this is WeeGee we are talking about... ya never really know lol.

Commander, all I will suggest is don't buy the ship if you already have it, other than that I think your gonna get what you expect.  I am confident enough that I will get the full dub value from earning the ship, that I have bought it myself.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
23 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Seems pretty clear based on the articles and past standards/practices, but I am don't have any insider knowledge just a player with experience dealing with WG logic and a bit of reading comprehension lol. But since this is WeeGee we are talking about... ya never really know lol.

Commander, all I will suggest is don't buy the ship if you already have it, other than that I think your gonna get what you expect.  I am confident enough that I will get the full dub value from earning the ship, that I have bought it myself.

Yeah, they'll probably get one last shot at my wallet … 

But THEN THAT'S IT - YA HEAR ME WG! :)

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this