You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guinness77

Imperator Nikolai

53 comments in this topic

Members
332 posts
5,051 battles

Hi everyone,

I've been watching the Web Site weekly for over a year now and have not seen the Imperator Nikolai made available.  Does anyone have any info on how the people at WOWS rotate ships in and out of their "on sale now" shop page?

Thanks

[WOLF9]
Members
8,739 posts
4,138 battles

Emperor Niki, like namesake, was removed permanently as tool of Tsarist oppression.  If reactionary against Soviet peoples, one might spend $1200 or more on Santa crates from capitalist Premium Shop and stand a fair chance of having one fall in your lap.  Mind you, they are heavy.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 13

[SQUAD]
Members
7,986 posts
8,369 battles
4 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

Hi everyone,

I've been watching the Web Site weekly for over a year now and have not seen the Imperator Nikolai made available.  Does anyone have any info on how the people at WOWS rotate ships in and out of their "on sale now" shop page?

Thanks

Ah, Niko is only available through a SC drop or Santa Crate. It will not be outright sold again.

Members
1,203 posts
6,710 battles

It's a good ship, but not worth spending the family jewels to obtain. It's slow and very prone to fire damage. A good CV captain will shred you.

But when RNG is in your favor, those guns are god-like in tier 4.

[SIDE]
Members
2,069 posts
10 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ah, Niko is only available through a SC drop or Santa Crate. It will not be outright sold again.

You aren’t missing anything. AA is terrible, secondaries are horrible,  and concealment sucks. It’s no better than any other tier 6 BB in the game so just grind out an equivalent ship like a new mex or Bayern and save your money.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 7

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,526 battles
17 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

It's a good ship, but not worth spending the family jewels to obtain. It's slow and very prone to fire damage. A good CV captain will shred you.

But when RNG is in your favor, those guns are god-like in tier 4.

Yeah the AA on this ship is 2 dudes with a sling shot. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,981 posts
2,727 battles
15 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

You aren’t missing anything. AA is terrible, secondaries are horrible,  and concealment sucks. It’s no better than any other tier 6 BB in the game so just grind out an equivalent ship like a new mex or Bayern and save your money.

Pretty much this. It's arguably the most OP ship in the game, was only on sale for one day back in 2015, and can now only be obtained as rare crate drops.

And in case you missed it OP, the Nikolai is T4

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
20,980 battles

Last battleship laid down by the czarist Russia, never finished, you don't miss anything...

Oh, and yes the AA is bad, I only manage to shot down 0.06 planes on average

JbETzzm.jpg

Alpha Tester
2,231 posts

With any luck Nikolai may one day appear in the Arsenal for either coal or steel. Alternatively, try and wait for Viribus Unitis because ATM she plays similarly to Nikolai, at least according to Notser.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts

Never!

BPa7Y1P.png

Until they need the money...:Smile_trollface:

And it's on sale now, just spend 1000's on Santa Crates....

Edited by awiggin

[O_O]
Members
5,001 posts
11,217 battles
23 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

was only on sale for one day back in 2015

This isn't accurate.  When it was released, I couldn't make up my mind whether to buy Imperator Nikolai or Warspite.  I chewed it over for many days before finally going cheap and getting Nikolai.  Lucky choice, as it turned out.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

This isn't accurate.  When it was released, I couldn't make up my mind whether to buy Imperator Nikolai or Warspite.  I chewed it over for many days before finally going cheap and getting Nikolai.  Lucky choice, as it turned out.

Cheap? As I remember niky was massively overpriced when they put it out. Almost as if they knew exactly how OP is was.:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin

[O_O]
Members
5,001 posts
11,217 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Cheap? As I remember niky was massively overpriced when they put it out. Almost as if they knew exactly how OP is was.:cap_hmm:

It was priced about how T4 battleships typically are.  It was cheaper than Warspite, to be sure.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
Just now, desmo_2 said:

It was priced about how T4 battleships typically are.  It was cheaper than Warspite, to be sure.

I remember it being way overpriced for a tier 4, but I don't remember the exact price. Maybe someone can chime in for the price.

[SQUAD]
Members
7,986 posts
8,369 battles
54 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Ah, Nikolai is a T4 BB, and it is far better than the other T4's, its armor is just straight nasty, and its ability to have 9 main guns aimed quickly can't be beaten. Also, run CE, the concealment doesn't suck.

[SQUAD]
Members
7,986 posts
8,369 battles
40 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Yeah the AA on this ship is 2 dudes with a sling shot. 

You're giving them way too much credit.

[SIDE]
Members
2,069 posts
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ah, Nikolai is a T4 BB, and it is far better than the other T4's, its armor is just straight nasty, and its ability to have 9 main guns aimed quickly can't be beaten. Also, run CE, the concealment doesn't suck.

You missed something... 

I was using a form of concealment in my post. 

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,761 posts
3,937 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

I remember it being way overpriced for a tier 4, but I don't remember the exact price. Maybe someone can chime in for the price.

The only reason it felt overpriced is due to how there's 4 pricing levels per tier, and the fact that back then, Nikolai's was only available in bundles, with the basic bundle (+ Port Slot + 500 Doubloons + 3 Day Premium) being about 20 USD.

• DDs are the cheapest.
  • Cruisers are the second cheapest.
  • BBs are pushing the wallet, and roughly equivalent to the cost of a DD or Cruiser a Tier higher (depending on the mood swings of the Sales Dept).
  • CVs break the wallet. Of course, that was to limit CV oversaturation; unsurprising given the somewhat OP nature of the few CVs they actually attempted to sell.
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

You're giving them way too much credit.

I was told Nikolai's AA is the drunken crew yelling hurtful expletives that made pilots cry so hard they bailed out of their planes.

Another says that the Nikolai's crew threw mad Vodka parties on deck that made pilots so jealous they bailed so that they can swim over and partake in the fun.

Members
1,203 posts
6,710 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

All I remember is that it didn't interest me in the least and I passed on it originally. That next Christmas, I got it in a santa crate.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,154 posts
17,521 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

I was told Nikolai's AA is the drunken crew yelling hurtful expletives that made pilots cry so hard they bailed out of their planes.

Another says that the Nikolai's crew threw mad Vodka parties on deck that made pilots so jealous they bailed so that they can swim over and partake in the fun.

Imperator Nikolai I AA consists of her sailors throwing bottles of vodka at enemy planes with the hopes enemy pilots drink it, quickly get drunk, and crash into the sea.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,458 posts
13,904 battles
1 hour ago, thebigblue said:

It’s no better than any other tier 6 BB in the game

Still an accomplishment for a T4.

[SIDE]
Members
2,069 posts
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

Still an accomplishment for a T4.

I was joking but I agree. Heck of an accomplishment considering the overall decency of most t6 bb.