You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG about the cost of stuff. Can we talk?

30 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,668 posts

WG while I don't know how much it cost to run WG but the price for everything is out of control.

The Steel campain is great, I dont care if you sell steel but its now 60! And you only get 4500 steel! You bundled it with Santa crates and gold. While its a value, (maybe it depends whats in the loot boxes) cant you just sell the steel at 20? Because in the end thats what it costs.

Every prem ship is bundled and its basicky 100. You have the Prinse bundled for 120 a 120! Wow.

There are ship like the Scharn and Trip that have been in the shop for years and there still almost 50. 

I want to give you money I really do but when everything is 50 and up I can't. I am not comparing a ship to another game its just 50 is not a value.  Yes there are some t6 that are 30ish and some of them are a value. But then I look at Katori which wow there is a ship that should be be even be given away! And I worry about the value of the lower teir ships when the hire tiers ships are always good.

I am just asking to reevaluate the cost of everything because I cannot affairs pretty much everything.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

WG while I don't know how much it cost to run WG but the price for everything is out of control.

The Steel campain is great, I dont care if you sell steel but its now 60! And you only get 4500 steel! You bundled it with Santa crates and gold. While its a value, (maybe it depends whats in the loot boxes) cant you just sell the steel at 20? Because in the end thats what it costs.

Every prem ship is bundled and its basicky 100. You have the Prinse bundled for 120 a 120! Wow.

There are ship like the Scharn and Trip that have been in the shop for years and there still almost 50. 

I want to give you money I really do but when everything is 50 and up I can't. I am not comparing a ship to another game its just 50 is not a value.  Yes there are some t6 that are 30ish and some of them are a value. But then I look at Katori which wow there is a ship that should be be even be given away! And I worry about the value of the lower teir ships when the hire tiers ships are always good.

I am just asking to reevaluate the cost of everything because I cannot affairs pretty much everything.

To be fair...

the Steel Monsters campaign does come with 2,019 doubloons ($8-$10), 4 $1 Santa Crates, 1 $3 Santa crate and 28 days ($4-$10) of premium time.

Steel Prinz came with the ship, 9k doubloons, 9M credits, the $60 Steel Monsters campaign (4,000 steel and the above), the Might of Steel Mission chain (2,019 more steel), 10 pt Cmdr ($15-20) and 750 economic flags.

I found Steel Prinz to be worth it to me, but you evidently do not. So don't buy it. 

You can buy the PEF for $32.29 and right now T6 BBs are $31.06 to $33.10 in price in the shop.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,416 posts
10,935 battles

Don't buy the big bundle then. Buy one of the smaller bundles or even just the ship itself.

2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

To be fair...

the Steel Monsters campaign does come with 2,019 doubloons ($8-$10), 4 $1 Santa Crates, 1 $3 Santa crate and 28 days ($4-$10) of premium time.

Steel Prinz came with the ship, 9k doubloons, 9M credits, the $60 Steel Monsters campaign (4,000 steel and the above), the Might of Steel Mission chain (2,019 more steel), 10 pt Cmdr ($15-20) and 750 economic flags.

I found Steel Prinz to be worth it to me, but you evidently do not. So don't buy it. 

You can buy the PEF for $32.29 and right now T6 BBs are $31.06 to $33.10 in price in the shop.

Yep, look at the total value of the bundle and decide for yourself. I don't have the free income right now so buying big bundles like Steel Prinz is out and even for lesser priced items I have to be careful about how much I spend.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,668 posts
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

To be fair...

That is all true and the potential is amazing. And it is a value taken in total.

Its the bundling that is part of the problem in my opinion. If I wanted Santa crates I would buy them. I dont need the credits because that's why I am getting a prem ship is to make silver. As to prem time persinaly I dont need any but I understand why its there.

For me I get excited about buying somthing then the bundle comes out with all this stuff and is 100 its a bit demoralizing.

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
8,037 posts
8,374 battles

You're not buying the steel, you're buying the opportunity to earn steel at a faster rate than you get in game normally. I feel it's important to point that out.

The other important thing is that companies increase prices until people stop paying. 

• Cool 3

Members
292 posts
3,590 battles

They will eventually sell Steel in some form once they see that people won't pay for overpriced filler/fluffy bundles with crap they don't want or need plus an avg to below avg ship most will dump. 

• Cool 1

Members
492 posts
9 hours ago, jags_domain said:

That's true why lower the cost if people spend!

This is a classic economics problem. Without knowing WG's finances it is impossible to tell whether they are pricing things efficiently.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
611 posts
1,545 battles

I understand where you are coming from OP...I have played MWO for 5 years now and here is where their economics currently stand when new mechs are released:

3 mech bundle $20

2 additional mech variants bundle $15

1 hero mech $15

So 6 fully functional mechs with different hardpoints to mount different weapons, total of $50, so less than $9 each if you buy all the bundles, and currently there is a 40% off sale on many of those, so now it's down to $5 each...and if you pre-order them when they are first announced, they throw in paint, decals, camo pattern and 6.5 mill credits...quite a bargain, eh?  I had sticker shock when I started playing the WG titles compared to what I was used to with MWO.

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Members
122 posts
6,753 battles

I do buy some stuff, although I also have passed on ships I wanted because I felt the price was too high for me to justify. I wish WarGaming would lower their prices for some of the more expensive items, but I guess they feel this price is giving them the best profit margins. They are a for-profit company after all, so if it works for them then good for them and too bad for me I guess.

[EGO]
Members
3,524 posts

If they let me pick the 750 flags I would do it, as it is no way. I have way more economic flags than I need, especially since they changed the daily crates to give out mostly economic flags. However let me pick 750 India Delta or Sierra Mike and I would do it in a second.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,108 posts
8,098 battles
7 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

If they let me pick the 750 flags I would do it, as it is no way. I have way more economic flags than I need, especially since they changed the daily crates to give out mostly economic flags. However let me pick 750 India Delta or Sierra Mike and I would do it in a second.

Yeah I'm kind of in a similar position.

I kind of want the big bundle but I really don't need any of those eco flags - I basically run all 5 on most ships I play and still have more. The only one I really could use more of is Papa Papa, but that means I'm paying for 600 flags I probably never will need.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,808 posts
21,072 battles

Instead of buying the biggest bundle of the PEF, I gave my money to Sennheiser for a new GSP600 headset.

I think this has a better value in the long run then the pixelboat fluff.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,108 posts
8,098 battles
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Instead of buying the biggest bundle of the PEF, I gave my money to Sennheiser for a new GSP600 headset.

I think this has a better value in the long run then the pixelboat fluff.

The last time I went out to eat with a friend was about a $40 total cost (between transportation and the meal itself). That was around 2-3 hours worth of entertainment time. If I were to buy and get 6-9 hours of entertainment out of the mega-whale bundle it's about the same cost/hour for that entertainment. 

I suspect plenty of folks here spend way more per month on alcohol or cigarettes or other "vices" than WoWS too.

It's all a matter of perspective.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,808 posts
21,072 battles
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

The last time I went out to eat with a friend was about a $40 total cost (between transportation and the meal itself). That was around 2-3 hours worth of entertainment time. If I were to buy and get 6-9 hours of entertainment out of the mega-whale bundle it's about the same cost/hour for that entertainment. 

I suspect plenty of folks here spend way more per month on alcohol or cigarettes or other "vices" than WoWS too.

It's all a matter of perspective.

It's more the steel hype, that is around these days, then one of those ships are really need for entertainment. 

Having a headset I can wear for hours without any problems support my entertainment, including playing WoWs.

Yep, matter of perspective.

[SOV]
Members
2,668 posts
5 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

It's more the steel hype, that is around these days, then one of those ships are really need for entertainment. 

Having a headset I can wear for hours without any problems support my entertainment, including playing WoWs.

Yep, matter of perspective.

So true its about value. If going and spending 50 on a dinner then its worth it.

Personaly I don't think going out to eat is worth it. A 50 dollar ship I will get months of entertainment .

50 is out of range right now not to mention so many of these ships have been out for years.

Members
414 posts
On 12/22/2018 at 1:15 PM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

You're not buying the steel, you're buying the opportunity to earn steel at a faster rate than you get in game normally. I feel it's important to point that out.

That's the biggest load of crap. The steel you get for buying this mission can not be earned in game. The only way to get it is to buy it. You can't say it's just being "earned at a faster rate," if there is no other way to earn it.

• Cool 2

[SQUAD]
Members
8,037 posts
8,374 battles
2 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

That's the biggest load of crap. The steel you get for buying this mission can not be earned in game. The only way to get it is to buy it. You can't say it's just being "earned at a faster rate," if there is no other way to earn it.

100% incorrect, because you completely ignored both what I said and the context. You CAN earn that steel, through Ranked and Clan Battles. The issue is that not that many really have the ability to get as much steel as is available through those modes. The steel available during these Xmas events helps to make up for that.

Another point, just because you have the steel missions available doesn't mean everyone, in spite of grinding, will be able to earn it all. It is an opportunity to earn the steel, that's what you're paying for. Plain and simple.

• Cool 1

Members
414 posts
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

100% incorrect, because you completely ignored both what I said and the context. You CAN earn that steel, through Ranked and Clan Battles. The issue is that not that many really have the ability to get as much steel as is available through those modes. The steel available during these Xmas events helps to make up for that.

Another point, just because you have the steel missions available doesn't mean everyone, in spite of grinding, will be able to earn it all. It is an opportunity to earn the steel, that's what you're paying for. Plain and simple.

No, you cannot earn that steel. That steel is different steel, since it's obtained a different way. Through clan battles and ranked, I'm earning different steel than the steel locked behind this pay wall. You can't earn the same steel twice, so what your saying is implying that that there's a "one or the other" way of earning this steel--either through ranked/CB or through this campaign for sale. But this is not the case since you can do both and have all the more steel for it in the end.

And also, nobody is going to spend $60 on this campaign and not complete it for said steel.

You can be a sycophant for WG to your heart's content, but everyone with half a brain can see that this is blatantly a cash-for-steel scheme, which is something WG said they would never do. It wouldn't bother me as much if there was a way to earn the campaign for the steel in game, but there is not. For those of us who have spent the countless hours putting in the work to make rank 1 multiple times and slogging through clan battles to get 30 typhoon wins, it is a bit of a slap in the face.

Edited by anonym_nZihoX4oGLm3
  • Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
15 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

No, you cannot earn that steel. That steel is different steel, since it's obtained a different way. Through clan battles and ranked, I'm earning different steel than the steel locked behind this pay wall. You can't earn the same steel twice, so what your saying is implying that that there's a "one or the other" way of earning this steel--either through ranked/CB or through this campaign for sale. But this is not the case since you can do both and have all the more steel for it in the end.

You can be a sycophant for WG to your heart's content, but everyone with half a brain can see that this is blatantly a cash-for-steel scheme, which is something WG said they would never do. It wouldn't bother me as much if there was a way to earn the campaign for the steel in game, but there is not. For those of us who have spent the countless hours putting in the work to make rank 1 multiple times and slogging through clan battles to get 30 typhoon wins, it is a bit of a slap in the face.

Ahhhh, the rage of a Free2play no-money basement dwelling seal-clubbing troglodyte crying the tears of tears he once drank from his enemy :)

I counter your rage and hit you with my wallet for 6019 POINTS!

I Winz? lol

Members
414 posts
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Ahhhh, the rage of a Free2play no-money basement dwelling seal-clubbing troglodyte crying the tears of tears he once drank from his enemy :)

I counter your rage and hit you with my wallet for 6019 POINTS!

I Winz? lol

Sorry, no. I have 15 premium ships I've paid for and I always run a premium account. This isn't about the money, but the blatant lying and scummy business practice.

Project your rage on to me all you like. I'd be pissed too if I was still sub-50% after 13,000 battles. I play T10 mostly, so the only "seals" I club are the handicapable such as yourself.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
4 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Sorry, no. I have 15 premium ships I've paid for and I always run a premium account. This isn't about the money, but the blatant lying and scummy business practice.

Project your rage on to me all you like. I'd be pissed too if I was still sub-50% after 13,000 battles. I play T10 mostly, so the only "seals" I club are the handicapable such as yourself.

I give Th3KrimzonD3mon the win on this one since he posts on a real account :)

Begone troglodyte!

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

Members
414 posts
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I give Th3KrimzonD3mon the win on this once since he posts on a real account :)

Begone troglodyte!

cool, I'm sure everyone was on the edge of their seats to hear what WOLF2's official position on this was

• Funny 1