You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Rank challange for cc and Unicom players.

18 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,499 posts

For everyone that braged about doing last rank season in a t6.5 ship like tje GC or Kamakazi. 

For this rank why dont you play the weakest ship then if you rank out it 30 games that is impressive. Because ranking out in 20 games in t61 not impressive.

Just ideas!

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles

Not unicum, very average player.  Ranked out in 25 games with some T61, Shinonome, Acasta, PEF, Leander, and Arizona.

I'd hardly consider that list an OP list.  There wasn't anything I did in the T61 I couldn't have done as well in the Gaede.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
424 posts
14,151 battles

Try the Shinonome, a full 6 gun salvo deals nearly 4200 damage to destroyers (25-33% of a typical t6 DD's health). It can also spit out more torps than a T61.

Arizona is the best overall BB with the toughest armor and heavy broadside. Fuso is also a strong contender with high rate of fire.

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
3 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Try the Shinonome, a full 6 gun salvo deals nearly 4200 damage to destroyers (25-33% of a typical t6 DD's health). It can also spit out more torps than a T61.

Arizona is the best overall BB with the toughest armor and heavy broadside. Fuso is also a strong contender with high rate of fire.

Ah yes, the free Fubuki.

You're only doing 33% on another DD if it doesn't have SE and you get incredibly lucky with 6 pens that don't hit modules for 0 damage.  Theoretically possible yes, likely real world?  Not often.

Unless I'm mistaken the Arizona has the same broadside as the NM, and the NM has a turtleback.  The plating on the AZ is better to not get HE spammed to death, but it still eats lolpens through the nose by the new 16" BBs in tier, as well as Warspite if I'm not mistaken.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

For everyone that braged about doing last rank season in a t6.5 ship like tje GC or Kamakazi. 

For this rank why dont you play the weakest ship then if you rank out it 30 games that is impressive. Because ranking out in 20 games in t61 not impressive.

Just ideas!

What's the weakest ship at T6?

[SOV]
Members
2,499 posts
20 minutes ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

Not unicum, very average player.  Ranked out in 25 games with some T61, Shinonome, Acasta, PEF, Leander, and Arizona.

I'd hardly consider that list an OP list.  There wasn't anything I did in the T61 I couldn't have done as well in the Gaede.

Then why didnt you

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
14 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Then why didnt you

Because my z52 captain doesn't go into the Gaede for free?

If it fuels your "it's the ship not the captain" fire more, I spent more coal on the hydro module for T61 than I earned ranking out.  Z52 captain is setup for gunboating, which isn't optimal for the T61. 

Conversely, I ran a lol IFHE secondary build on my PEF that was left over from some training room shenanigans, completely suboptimal build.

Edited by Paul_Revere735

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
435 posts
10,958 battles
15 minutes ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

Ah yes, the free Fubuki.

You're only doing 33% on another DD if it doesn't have SE and you get incredibly lucky with 6 pens that don't hit modules for 0 damage.  Theoretically possible yes, likely real world?  Not often.

Unless I'm mistaken the Arizona has the same broadside as the NM, and the NM has a turtleback.  The plating on the AZ is better to not get HE spammed to death, but it still eats lolpens through the nose by the new 16" BBs in tier, as well as Warspite if I'm not mistaken.

The NM and AZ have substantially similar armor schemes. If we're saying that the NM has a turtleback, then the AZ has one as well; both ships also share 25mm extremities which can be overmatched by 15" or larger artillery.

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
1 minute ago, Dianeces said:

The NM and AZ have substantially similar armor schemes. If we're saying that the NM has a turtleback, then the AZ has one as well; both ships also share 25mm extremities which can be overmatched by 15" or larger artillery.

I'm not at my PC so I can't look, but that furthers my point: you can do equally well in the tech tree ship.

[BOTO]
Members
349 posts
9,326 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Just ideas!

I'm nowhere near a unicum player, but I'd like to know what the weakest ship is so I can try and rank out in it.  

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles

Premium? Huang He gets my vote.

Non prem is a little more difficult, as tier 6 tech tree overall is pretty balanced -in my opinion-.  The "hardest" to be successful in or "weakest" is hard to quantify.

DD: Farragut.  She gets hurt by her concealment and always being first spotted, limited torp range, easy to push around the map/play around.

CA/CL: Nurnberg.  Not an inherently bad ship, but gets punished extremely hard on mistakes.  See also De Grasse.

BB: tough call.  Personally I rate the Normandie lower, because of French dispersion and softer armor.  That said it is still a decent ship. 

Edited by Paul_Revere735

[SOV]
Members
2,499 posts
48 minutes ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

Premium? Huang He gets my vote.

Non prem is a little more difficult, as tier 6 tech tree overall is pretty balanced -in my opinion-.  The "hardest" to be successful in or "weakest" is hard to quantify.

DD: Farragut.  She gets hurt by her concealment and always being first spotted, limited torp range, easy to push around the map/play around.

CA/CL: Nurnberg.  Not an inherently bad ship, but gets punished extremely hard on mistakes.  See also De Grasse.

BB: tough call.  Personally I rate the Normandie lower, because of French dispersion and softer armor.  That said it is still a decent ship. 

Agreed. The Ner is my go to ship because of range and 360 turrets. 

But on the while your right t6 seems to be the fairest of all the tiers.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
424 posts
14,151 battles
1 hour ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

Ah yes, the free Fubuki.

If the DD driver don't often land full shots with 77m max dispersion then I have some bad news for the driver: it's not the boat. 

Arizona has much better shell grouping than NM (2.0σ to 1.5σ). NM having the same armor as the AZ is not a clear advantage. For a 12 gun battleship, you should not be bow-on to another battleship, but present an angled side to use the thicker belt armor and to maximize your own firepower. All T6 BBs have the same weak 25mm nose. Being more HE resistant is a strength for the AZ.

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
8 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

If the DD driver don't often land full shots with 77m max dispersion then I have some bad news for the driver: it's not the boat. 

Arizona has much better shell grouping than NM (2.0σ to 1.5σ). NM having the same armor as the AZ is not a clear advantage. For a 12 gun battleship, you should not be bow-on to another battleship, but present an angled side to use the thicker belt armor and to maximize your own firepower. All T6 BBs have the same weak 25mm nose. Being more HE resistant is a strength for the AZ.

Ok, I'll bite.  So you're saying you consistently land every shell and don't hit modules for these massive salvos?  After the first one dmg saturates that section, then what?

I don't disagree with your numbers or your theoretical dps.  It is factual.  However, in practice you aren't killing a same tier DD in 3-4 HE salvos as your previous posts suggest.  There are too many modules/torp tubes/gun mounts in the way.  I don't care how good the dispersion is.

AZ also has lower shell damage than NM if memory serves correctly.

I never said you should be bow tanking, merely that you can be citadelled through the nose.

Edited by Paul_Revere735

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
167 posts
7,836 battles

i ranked out in 25 battles.  tried anshan and t61 for 5 battles, then Farragut.  Got all my wins in Farragut.  If i started out with him,  would have gotten there in 20 battles.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
424 posts
14,151 battles
48 minutes ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

Ok, I'll bite.  So you're saying you consistently land every shell and don't hit modules for these massive salvos?  After the first one dmg saturates that section, then what?

I don't disagree with your numbers or your theoretical dps.  It is factual.  However, in practice you aren't killing a same tier DD in 3-4 HE salvos as your previous posts suggest.  There are too many modules/torp tubes/gun mounts in the way.  I don't care how good the dispersion is.

AZ also has lower shell damage than NM if memory serves correctly.

I never said you should be bow tanking, merely that you can be citadelled through the nose.

Every shell in the game has the same issue with hitting modules, saturation, and failed pens. But no other DD at T6 can throw up massive alpha damage like the Shino can. With tight dispersion, you can hit unsaturated sections with pinpoint accuracy for max damage.

If you are going to add external factors to give an accurate depiction in practice, then every other DD should get the same treatment. Ill say it again: it is the captain, not the boat, that determines performance. My original intention was to point out that Shino can do huge alpha damage per salvo given how little health T6 destroyers have. If OP cannot make use of it, then Shino is just as useless as any other DD.

Edited by AbyssAngkor

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles

Do you have a source on the 2.0 sigma for Arizona?  Pretty sure it is 1.8.

Tier Ship Sigma
3 South Carolina 1.8
4 Wyoming 1.5
4 Arkansas Beta 1.5
5 New York 1.8
5 Texas 1.8
6 New Mexico 1.5
6 Arizona 1.8
7 Colorado A 1.8
7 Colorado B 2.0
8 North Carolina 2.0
9 Iowa 1.9