You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Manaaja

Camera forgot it needed to follow the ship.

8 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
5,362 battles

Started the battle like always, played for a couple of minutes like normal. After that, the camera got stuck in place and I watched my ship continue sailing. I could steer the ship and fire the guns, but I did not have any idea where I was going or shooting. The minimap froze as well, but the chat was functional, along with the rudder indicator and speed indicator.

After restarting the game, it didn't let me join the battle again and I was stuck staring at the "Loading battle" screen. After waiting for a while, I was greeted with a "Critical Error" window, which told me that error information was collected to the Reports folder. The Reports folder was (and still is) empty.

WorldOfWarships_2018-12-22_16-47-55.jpg

WorldOfWarships_2018-12-22_16-56-30.jpg

WargamingErrorMonitor_2018-12-22_16-57-22.jpg

[90THD]
Supertester
1,219 posts
6,738 battles

I've had this happen before.  usually it's caused by a Mod that hasn't been updated with the game update.  Make sure you're mods have all been updated.  Best advice is to uninstall all mods and see if you still have the same issue.  If you do run the WG System check from the launch app.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
404 posts
9,159 battles

There is actually a command in the controls that does this. You have to hit ceartin keyboard commands at the same time. I believe its the camera follow command.

Community Department
2,576 posts
759 battles
57 minutes ago, Manaaja said:

Started the battle like always, played for a couple of minutes like normal. After that, the camera got stuck in place and I watched my ship continue sailing. I could steer the ship and fire the guns, but I did not have any idea where I was going or shooting. The minimap froze as well, but the chat was functional, along with the rudder indicator and speed indicator.

After restarting the game, it didn't let me join the battle again and I was stuck staring at the "Loading battle" screen. After waiting for a while, I was greeted with a "Critical Error" window, which told me that error information was collected to the Reports folder. The Reports folder was (and still is) empty.

Spoiler

Spoiler

WorldOfWarships_2018-12-22_16-47-55.jpg

Spoiler

WorldOfWarships_2018-12-22_16-56-30.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

I've had this happen before.  usually it's caused by a Mod that hasn't been updated with the game update.  Make sure you're mods have all been updated.  Best advice is to uninstall all mods and see if you still have the same issue.  If you do run the WG System check from the launch app.

Thanks for reply. Actually it's the first thing to check. If you haven't used mods ever than it's a extremely rare bug. 
If you have it for more than once you'll need to submit a ticket about it. And attach your WGCheck report to investigate the issue.

• Cool 1

Members
10 posts
5,362 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 5:53 PM, Ghost_Raven75 said:

I wish I had mods installed, it would have been an easy fix to just remove them. Ran the WGCheck.exe and it found a couple of corrupted .pak files. Haven't had the time to play after that so I hope it was just a one time thing.

On 12/22/2018 at 6:43 PM, turbo07 said:

Thanks for reply. Actually it's the first thing to check. If you haven't used mods ever than it's a extremely rare bug. 
If you have it for more than once you'll need to submit a ticket about it. And attach your WGCheck report to investigate the issue.

Nope, never used mods on this install. I'll submit a report if it keeps happening.

[90THD]
Supertester
1,219 posts
6,738 battles
2 hours ago, Manaaja said:

I wish I had mods installed, it would have been an easy fix to just remove them. Ran the WGCheck.exe and it found a couple of corrupted .pak files. Haven't had the time to play after that so I hope it was just a one time thing.

Nope, never used mods on this install. I'll submit a report if it keeps happening.

Its been a while since I experienced that issue and when I did I just did a reinstall of the game client and it seemed to fix it.  Hopefully your WGCheck run solved the problem.  Good luck to you.

Members
666 posts
62 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 5:43 PM, turbo07 said:

Happened to me maybe two / three times in the past years. Extremely hard to report as it happens so rarely. Interesting that also others see this. Btw. one occurrence was almost certainly without any sorts of mods. Would be curious what that is?

[SBNA]
Members
13 posts
6,664 battles

Just had this happen to me too. No mods. We'll see how a simple client restart works.