You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

PSA: Tech Tree Discount

22 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,663 posts
9,074 battles

While it isn't mentioned on the News Page (for whatever reason) there is currently a discount on all tech tree ships (note that this does not include Premium ships). While I don't know the specifics, I imagine it's -50% for tiers II-V, -30% for tier VI-VII, and -15% for tiers VIII-X. So, if you want to maximize your Steel bonuses for minimal cost, now is the time. The Sale ends on December 26.

Edit: There is also a -75% port slot discount.

Edited by JediMasterDraco
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles

No premium ships is really lame, I had a bunch of dubs slated for this purpose. 

Oh well, I guess I'll buy the WoWS premium time instead.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles

I was going to buy the Fushun back last night, but figured 2 million plus credits was too much to pay for it. I was also going to buy some low tier German destroyers back, so I could finish grinding them once I was done winning Dreadnought. 

I hesitated, and now I'm very glad I did.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
72 posts
2,035 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

I think they did the premium ship sale after Christmas last year.  I have been patiently hoarding credits for this day.  I just spent $46MM on four ships from the tech tree, but saved $9.1MM!  :cap_win:

I hope that the upgrades go back on sale at some point over the next few weeks...

[PVE]
Members
14,929 posts
9,472 battles

BTW, the Nov 22nd date in Happy Shipmas is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...% a typo. I'm sure they meant Dec 22nd.

[QCN]
Members
7 posts
31,987 battles

Is the discount from the clan's Shipbuilding Yard supposed to stack with the reduced cost from Happy Shipmas because it doesn't right now?

[PVE]
Members
14,929 posts
9,472 battles
5 minutes ago, Gabbo66 said:

Is the discount from the clan's Shipbuilding Yard supposed to stack with the reduced cost from Happy Shipmas because it doesn't right now?

The Clan credit discount doesn't stack with sales. The best discount is applied.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,161 battles

Fine if they don't want to provide premiums at a discounted price this holiday season. I will continue hoarding my 85k dubs and yes they don't lose anything but they aren't going to make me spend either. I will happily continue mounting those economy flags earning elite exp and free exp while I retrain my captains without worrying about depleting doubloons forever.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,172 posts
5,605 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Clan credit discount doesn't stack with sales. The best discount is applied.

Basically the so called "holiday" discount on tier 8+ is well meaningless if you're in a clan with a maxed out discount building.

[PVE]
Members
14,929 posts
9,472 battles
12 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Basically the so called "holiday" discount on tier 8+ is well meaningless if you're in a clan with a maxed out discount building.

Yeah, but you can look at it as you ALWAYS get the best T8+ tech tree discount. :Smile_coin:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,172 posts
5,605 battles
39 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, but you can look at it as you ALWAYS get the best T8+ tech tree discount. :Smile_coin:

Which is why there is no need for me to wait for these discounts as I will always have it :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
20,980 battles

Could use it for some low tier ships I sold to unlock my 250 ships emblem.

Beta Testers
1,068 posts
6,302 battles
5 hours ago, enderland07 said:

If I could gift it I would give you some of my prem time. I have no idea how I ended up with like 370 days.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles
Just now, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

If I could gift it I would give you some of my prem time. I have no idea how I ended up with like 370 days.

I already used dubs for it :)

460 days... I think that's probably sufficient, lol.

Beta Testers
1,068 posts
6,302 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

Yeah, I think you're good. Haha

The funny thing is I haven't bought prem time in a year and I still have year left. wth. lmbo

[WOLFG]
Members
4,411 posts
2,379 battles

Beat me to it (just got done playing).

There are three of those I'm getting anyways, so no better time than the present.

[YORHA]
Members
4,006 posts
6,966 battles
16 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

14 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

Yeah, I think you're good. Haha

The funny thing is I haven't bought prem time in a year and I still have year left. wth. lmbo

Pfffffffftttttt...

9gvIhKI.jpg

Lightweights!

Members
486 posts

If I buy a discounted ship now, wait three days, and then sell it, do I get 50% on the (discounted) price I paid or 50% on the non-discounted price? I'm burning through credits trying to get all the coal and silver I can, and am trying to make the credits do the distance.

[PVE]
Members
14,929 posts
9,472 battles
2 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

If I buy a discounted ship now, wait three days, and then sell it, do I get 50% on the (discounted) price I paid or 50% on the non-discounted price? I'm burning through credits trying to get all the coal and silver I can, and am trying to make the credits do the distance.

The discount applies to purchases and selling the ship. So buy it now and sell it after the discount is gone.