Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

Not something you see everyday with your Asashio...

6 comments in this topic

[CSALT]
Members
921 posts

Had a nice battle in my Asashio, trying to get my daily win bonuses out of the way, and I end up in a Tier X battle.  Nothing unusual there, at least there are six targets to shoot torps at, five BBs and a CV.  Had a good battle, supported and was supported by a couple of friendly BBs and we won the battle.  HUZZAH!  I got a CV and an Izumo and the other Asashio did an excellent job and killed the Shima in a gun duel, very impressive.  I go to the team score screen and snorted in wry amusement when I saw that the lowly Tier VIII DDs had topped the team score sheet.  I would suggest that the CV won the battle/tipped the scale for us, but it was still nice to see this:

Asashio02.jpg

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
clarification

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,322 posts
15,120 battles

Grats on the win, 

as for the win it wasn't the CV as both seemed to play very well. It's the dd play, you had three in the top 6 they had only 1 and he was 6th.   DD's determine wins and losses (usually) 

[CSALT]
Members
921 posts
12 minutes ago, Abides said:

Grats on the win, 

as for the win it wasn't the CV as both seemed to play very well. It's the dd play, you had three in the top 6 they had only 1 and he was 6th.   DD's determine wins and losses (usually) 

Maybe, I just know our CV did a good job of keeping planes from perma spotting the green DDs until we could get the red CV out of the way.  At the same time the green CV did a bang up job of creating havoc and sinking ships.  Just from the my impression of the game, the CV was the MVP and made it much easier for the rest of us to do our work.

Seeing two Asashios at the top of the leader board though gave me a tingle of glee and a shiver of delight.  There is little middle ground with that ship.  You either sow salt amongst the red fleet or quietly sink to the bottom empty handed.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,372 posts
5,424 battles

Low tiers get more XP for damaging higher tiers. So it's not unusual at all for the lowest tier ships to end up at the top of the leaderboard.

[CAP]
Members
33 posts
9,624 battles
14 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I enjoy playing my asashio in T10 matches, t10 BB don’t maneuver as well :) 

Huh?  It honestly feels like T10 BBs are like NASCAR drivers anytime I have torps in the water.

Oh, he's reversing...i'll put a volley on target and another infront for when he moves forward..... BB goes forward and torps miss by 5km.

Oh, this is awesome...perfect broadside...8 torps right on target...ha..he's starting to turn into them to avoid...what..1 hit!?!

Sign in to follow this