You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Belle Epoque collection for people who DON'T obtain the Prinz Eitel Friedrich

27 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles

If I have understood this correctly, if you are unable to get through the cash grind in Directive 4 and do not or cannot buy the ship, you will have a maximum of 15 New Year crates and therefore 30 Belle Epoque items to work with.

You MUST obtain a MINIMUM of THIRTEEN original items to have a chance of completing the collection with duplicates. So whatever you do, DO NOT use duplicates to finish out subcollections until you have all 30 pieces to work with.

If you draw 16 originals, you will have 14 duplicates - irrelevant; you have the collection. Enjoy the conversion to credits.

If you draw 15 originals, you will have 15 duplicates & 1 missing, and have enough duplicates at 5 for 1 to finish.

If you draw 14 originals, you will have 16 duplicates and can exchange ten to finish out.

If you draw 13 originals, you will have 17 duplicates and can still exchange fifteen to finish out.

IF YOU DRAW 12 ORIGINALS, YOU NEED TWENTY TO FINISH AND WILL ONLY HAVE EIGHTEEN. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE COLLECTION.

(If you get the ship or buy it, you will have a maximum of 60 items and must draw an improbable 4 originals and 56 duplicates to fail. At 5 originals, you still have 55 duplicates to fill 11 spaces and it can be done.)

• Cool 8

[WOLFC]
Members
1,142 posts
8,739 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If ...

Amigo, surely you don't do all this without coffee ... now I must go make some. And get an aspirin. :Smile_honoring::Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

Amigo, surely you don't do all this without coffee ... now I must go make some. And get an aspirin. :Smile_honoring::Smile_veryhappy:

Only just took the first sip now.

I could have worked it out algebraically but I didn't have enough awake brain cells for that. Brute force grinding was easier than working out what the equation had to be, and I still haven't gone near the probabilities yet. The worst thing is that it's mathematically possible to draw 30/60 duplicates and fail.

In collections that drop in regular containers, RNG doesn't matter because you WILL eventually accumulate enough duplicates to finish out even if you get the same damn thing in all three regular containers day after day. But not here; it's absolutely critical you don't spend your duplicates until the pieces are all in your hands.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,278 battles

Smart players will never trade in duplicates until they have enough duplicates to finish the collection.

+1 for illustrating the particular importance of that point for this collection.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles
23 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Smart players will never trade in duplicates until they have enough duplicates to finish the collection.

+1 for illustrating the particular importance of that point for this collection.

There are occasionally justifications for completing a subcollection early, e.g. the 2nd Anniversary subcollections offered permacamo for T8 ships, and I can understand someone wanting to deck their newly acquired boat out. But these ones? Yeah, wait. I have finally learned that lesson, but it took a fair bit of coal in the learning. Thank God they nerfed the French containers so that they were cheaper for the same number of items.

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
19 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

It was my understanding there would be no math...

Perhaps you would prefer a common weekend equations on Random battles that players come up with? :Smile_trollface:

1 ship rushing alone at full speed into 12 enemy ships = Win! ( If this equation does not happen try sending rest of ships into the 12 enemy ships 1 at a time since of course the equation has to work right?)  :fish_palm:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

I would suspect that the Belle Epoque would hit the Arsenal as a coal crate sometime next year, probably late next year.

Hopefully there will be some bonus credit thing from Jan 9th to Jan 22nd.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would suspect that the Belle Epoque would hit the Arsenal as a coal crate sometime next year, probably late next year.

Hopefully there will be some bonus credit thing from Jan 9th to Jan 22nd.

Battle Of North Cape Containers haven't  yet and that campaign was about a year ago:Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Battle Of North Cape Containers haven't  yet and that campaign was about a year ago:Smile_sad:

SoonTM

Seriously tho, in the last sentence in the pic it is coming, no time frame tho.

sQZANnI.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/all-about-collections/

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
11 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Don't hold your breath waiting:Smile_sad:

Which is SoonTM :Smile_teethhappy:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Which is SoonTM :Smile_teethhappy:

When your talking about  WG  SOONTM   can mean anything from next week to never.........................................

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,811 posts
4,180 battles

I'd like to complete this collection.  I don't expect I will.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,371 posts
11,861 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 5:24 AM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Perhaps you would prefer a common weekend equations on Random battles that players come up with? :Smile_trollface:

1 ship rushing alone at full speed into 12 enemy ships = Win! ( If this equation does not happen try sending rest of ships into the 12 enemy ships 1 at a time since of course the equation has to work right?)  :fish_palm:

Oh, man....how right you are!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 4:10 PM, iDuckman said:

FWIW I have now won and opened fifteen Belle Epoque/NY2019 crates and obtained thirty items, which is the most you can do without completing that awful directive 4 and earning the ship, or buying her (directive 4 gives cash prizes only).

DISCLOSURE: some of these were unlocked from PEF-exclusive missions that I fulfilled using a PEF I won on a livestream. So the crates I opened and the items I got might not have been the ones I obtained from only doing this through the first three parts of the PEF grind.

THAT BEING SAID, from those fifteen crates, I got fifteen originals and fifteen duplicates, and can thus complete the collection at any time. 13 originals and above will do it for you. Best of luck.

[A_51]
Members
797 posts
18,059 battles

As a general rule, NEVER trade in duplicates before you have enough to complete the entire collection.  That's common sense.  As for the rest, my head hurts.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,142 posts
8,739 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 6:07 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If I have understood this correctly, if you are unable to get through the cash grind in Directive 4 and do not or cannot buy the ship, you will have a maximum of 15 New Year crates and therefore 30 Belle Epoque items to work with.

IF YOU DRAW 12 ORIGINALS, YOU NEED TWENTY TO FINISH AND WILL ONLY HAVE EIGHTEEN. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE COLLECTION.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:40 PM, iDuckman said:

I didn't even realize this the first time I was reading the topic ... but this is a permanent campaign; which means at some point the collection items should begin dropping in the daily crates.  Probably after the end of the campaign and events?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/belle-epoque-collection/

Screenshot_1.png

[ARGSY]
Members
10,294 posts
6,746 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I didn't even realize this the first time I was reading the topic ... but this is a permanent campaign; which means at some point the collection items should begin dropping in the daily crates.  Probably after the end of the campaign and events?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/belle-epoque-collection/

Screenshot_1.png

I think what they are trying to stress here is that it isn't like the High School Fleet collection, which they had to pull forever because of the expiry of the crossover licence, the studio going bankrupt or both (quite possibly both, as the studio's ongoing solvency might have allowed them to extend or renegotiate the availability of the material).

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
317 posts
6,723 battles

a bit off topic.. American Cruisers collection I currently sit at 47/134.....one more drop ruins/finishes it!

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, iDuckman said:

Same here. There's only 4 New years containers in the mission that starts tomorrow that I'm going to be able to get which will be 8 items. I have 13 of the items and one dupe so unless I get real lucky, I wont make it. Not that I'll be missing out on much.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,142 posts
8,739 battles
1 hour ago, verkhne said:

a bit off topic.. American Cruisers collection I currently sit at 47/134.....one more drop ruins/finishes it!

I hope I can hang that long ... well done!

Screenshot_2.png

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

I have all but two completed and have 2 duplicates. I'm waiting for the third directive to hopefully get enough New Years crates to finish it out. I really want the Prussian Flag!

[SCREW]
Members
35 posts
6,911 battles

I finished the Belle Epoque collection today, and happened to glance at the text for the "Decor and Finery of Ships of the Past". Oddly, the displays of the 4 ships show the decoration on the bow of the ships, while the text states that the decorations are on the stern! Really WG?  :cap_horn:

[VW]
Members
2,443 posts
14,314 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You MUST obtain a MINIMUM of THIRTEEN original items to have a chance of completing the collection with duplicates. So whatever you do, DO NOT use duplicates to finish out subcollections until you have all 30 pieces to work with.

If you draw 16 originals, you will have 14 duplicates - irrelevant; you have the collection. Enjoy the conversion to credits.

If you draw 15 originals, you will have 15 duplicates & 1 missing, and have enough duplicates at 5 for 1 to finish.

If you draw 14 originals, you will have 16 duplicates and can exchange ten to finish out.

If you draw 13 originals, you will have 17 duplicates and can still exchange fifteen to finish out.

(If you get the ship or buy it, you will have a maximum of 60 items and must draw an improbable 4 originals and 56 duplicates to fail. At 5 originals, you still have 55 duplicates to fill 11 spaces and it can be done.)

The secret to this campaign was to NEVER open any of the crates untill the last directive activated precisely to unlock the premium time enabling one to easily complete said directive. 4 days of well timed premium time was more than enough to grind it out, especially with the unexpected deadline extension.