You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KingCakeBaby

In case you were wondering what that silhouette is in the arsenal...

28 comments in this topic

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,201 posts
4,951 battles
15 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Nope because the Stalingrad is already there.

:Smile_trollface:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point out they were right next to each other. Anyone have any thoughts? We know it isn't the Alaska and it doesn't look like anything that has been announced recently. The odd notch on the bow does look similar to what is on the Stalingrad, and with the recent announcement of Soviet battleships coming to the game it might be a premium ship from that nation. I'm not finding any silhouettes that match though. 

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,161 battles
4 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

:Smile_trollface:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point out they were right next to each other. Anyone have any thoughts? We know it isn't the Alaska and it doesn't look like anything that has been announced recently. The odd notch on the bow does look similar to what is on the Stalingrad, and with the recent announcement of Soviet battleships coming to the game it might be a premium ship from that nation. I'm not finding any silhouettes that match though. 

Didn't hear about the T10 Japanese cruiser Azuma? 

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,201 posts
4,951 battles
3 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Didn't hear about the T10 Japanese cruiser Azuma? 

Untitled.thumb.png.80b0850f42abde6fdcfac9692acdd5b0.png

Does not look like the Azuma. The bow on the silhouette has a hard edge and comes to a straight point, where the Azuma is rounded with the mon. The masts are also different.

Members
349 posts
4,199 battles

TBH the straight stem in the silhouette looks to me more like a RN ship, or perhaps a US DD.  Though the silhouette may end up having no relation to whatever ship goes into the Arsenal, it may be a standard placeholder image.

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,161 battles
1 minute ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Untitled.thumb.png.80b0850f42abde6fdcfac9692acdd5b0.png

Does not look like the Azuma. The bow on the silhouette has a hard edge and comes to a straight point, where the Azuma is rounded with the mon. The masts are also different.

That's just a place holder ain't it? Can't deduce just looking at place holder silhouette and I guess WG has just copied the Stalingrad. Most likely we won't get another USSR steel ship at tier 10 until other major nations get at least one. 

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,201 posts
4,951 battles
8 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

That's just a place holder ain't it? Can't deduce just looking at place holder silhouette and I guess WG has just copied the Stalingrad. Most likely we won't get another USSR steel ship at tier 10 until other major nations get at least one. 

Possibly, but it doesn't quite match the Stalingrad image either. It's missing the three rings for the mooring lines, the superstructure is slightly different although the masts as similar, the bow seems to come up at a sharper angle and the turret layout is different. WG enjoys teasing the player base with new content by offering a little peak. If it is just a placeholder image, why did they modify it?

[STW-M]
Members
286 posts
8,259 battles

It is just a place holder graphic.....no reason to think it is anything other than that.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,458 posts
13,904 battles

The silhouette could also be a case of misdirection.

[SYN]
Members
15,265 posts
11,945 battles

raked bow, clearly american design.

SajjM8m.png&key=072fbb3cb404fdcce1ae9c50

Azuma has the same bow design as Yamato, which is Clipper+Bulbous

Edited by MrDeaf

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
5 minutes ago, Taramada said:

It is just a place holder graphic.....no reason to think it is anything other than that.

The price being “PRICE” was a clue too :D

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,201 posts
4,951 battles
8 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

raked bow, clearly american design.

SajjM8m.png&key=072fbb3cb404fdcce1ae9c50

Azuma has the same bow design as Yamato, which is Clipper+Bulbous

41871712_2187703864889282_6534093807951020032_o.thumb.jpg.67075a76d951fb2b3eb59917e6131c45.jpg

The turrets look like it could be the Wichita, but WG has already released promotional images of the ship displaying an AA nest on the forecastle which I think would be more prominent than the small notch showed on the icon. I also don't think the masts match. I believe the Wichita has also been confirmed to be a Tier VIII, which would be odd for steel, wouldn't it? 

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,201 posts
4,951 battles
9 minutes ago, galspanic said:

The price being “PRICE” was a clue too :D

Obviously it's a placeholder, the question is if they are using a random silhouette why doesn't it match any ship that's currently in the game? If any image could've been hazed out and thrown in there until whatever ship it represents is launched, then why go through the effort of commissioning brand new promotional artwork of a vessel never seen before? WG has a long history of teasing the new release of vehicles by showing them and obscuring the image just enough to make them difficult to guess.

[SYN]
Members
15,265 posts
11,945 battles

another option (it's out in WoWs Legends)

UzZnVF4.png

[HYDRO]
Members
2,783 posts
4,568 battles
17 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

UzZnVF4.png

And WoWs Blitz, albeit called Sirius.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,154 posts
17,521 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

The silhouette could also be a case of misdirection.

The Red Army was quite good in operational misdirection, made the Germans look like morons many times.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
3 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

UzZnVF4.png

Not even WG would be stupid enough to make a mid tier light cruiser like this for steel. Yes, I know, Flint -  but Flint is a variant on a ship already in game. 

STOP GOING ON THE FRICKING BOW PROFILE. IT'S JUST A PLACEHOLDER, PEOPLE.

[NWNG]
Members
2,767 posts
4,643 battles

Love the bait of the OP, comments were a laugh. But trying to deduce something from what may or may not be a place holder picture...

[NGAGE]
Members
4,355 posts
6,388 battles

I'd put more stock onto its location in the Arsenal, between the Bourgogne and Stalingrad, than it's awfully placeholdery looking silhouette.  I'd wager it's a Tier 10, which at this point would most likely be the Azuma.