You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteeLeviathan

OHHH WARGAMES, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE ALASKA

34 comments in this topic

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles

So I was looking through the Arsenal, and saw that a new ship was coming in, the only problem being that it appears to be only for steel and it will be cheaper then the Bourgogne. Now I know that there are a couple of ships coming soon, but none are as finished as the Alaska. Please Wargames, don't make the Alaska steel. Its hard enough trying to get a team together to do Clan battles. My clan has been trying to get enough of use on the same time to get a game going but we just can't make it happen. 

image.thumb.png.f49eab1d8bd3b495cfc9aedb6dd914b5.png

• Cool 1

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles
5 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

It reads 99,999 where the price is, so it's probably a place holder number...

still has a steel sign

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,774 posts
10,238 battles

I do believe Alaska is confirmed to be an FXP ship... if it's in the arsenal it's gonna be _also_ available for steel, not _only_.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
14 minutes ago, SteeLeviathan said:

So I was looking through the Arsenal, and saw that a new ship was coming in, the only problem being that it appears to be only for steel and it will be cheaper then the Bourgogne. Now I know that there are a couple of ships coming soon, but none are as finished as the Alaska. Please Wargames, don't make the Alaska steel. Its hard enough trying to get a team together to do Clan battles. My clan has been trying to get enough of use on the same time to get a game going but we just can't make it happen. 

image.thumb.png.f49eab1d8bd3b495cfc9aedb6dd914b5.png

Dev blog says Alaska will be 1M FXP and is coming soon.

Dear players!

American cruiser tier IХ Alaska is ready, will be available soon in game for 1 000 000 Free EXP.

The ship has large dimensions, boasts an extensive pool of HP, carries powerful 305 mm artillery and efficient AA defenses, and is equipped with a very diverse set of consumables. Alaska excels at destroying cruisers at mid-range distances.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/posts/2251884088471259?__xts__[0]=68.ARBpe3GTLk1igAnV7Gn-duOiQ1FjYTC0szvquZn6nPywAEetaiPBEydmampiRhgVP2_4lpJdyMEhRnoHe2r0mJffKLHHz5ZuPFwOXRSSEdGUfN8x11LqDRtHP3RRmdKcBIb9Fj9DZjWBX8poFvuoJeoxUhymcyoU4V62jZWKHkE_ZmuxAVNhuPTdS5nsGlDjw1WCFuocirwv1e4nf3OfJRvsCiFBERt-ywLU20At_VobDrdLSzUXk1s8HJ8WMnNBlY7mO1CUY8ifRRM5Ea8VNv8xYInEoS5EdWa2ZDxIRRI7qLyt2k5lsXUPjvfsEJuocvUq7R5aqZRQ0MnJbDrtt8Ks&__tn__=-R

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles
2 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

That would be the Azuma.

Why would they have the Azuma getting ready in the Arsenal. Didn't it just get released to the Testers in 0.7.12? I would they would let it go through a patch or two of testing before releasing it to the public.

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles

Well hopefully my concerns are extinguished and Alaska will be able to be bought using a easier to obtain, currency such as EXP or Coal. 

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

If WG management changes their minds and makes Alaska a steel ship, the ole boys and I are gonna havta pay 'em a visit.

1816517111_Olboys.thumb.jpg.f84448050314347a24ad99dd42194b14.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

From what I just read... people will over-react to things that don't exist yet.

Beware, the future is coming.. tomorrow.

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts

No ship in game, that can be faced by another player, should ever be exclusive. If a ship has been removed for being OP, then remove it from game completely, or change it so it does not have to be removed! Take the radar off my Belfast and replace with Fiji torps; I don't care.

You want to reward a mode of play, do it another way - a special camo, or flag. It should never be something like access to a ship. The only thing steel should be exclusive for is 'cosmetics'. IMO anyway. :Smile_honoring:

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,202 posts
4,951 battles
13 minutes ago, SteeLeviathan said:

Why would they have the Azuma getting ready in the Arsenal. Didn't it just get released to the Testers in 0.7.12? I would they would let it go through a patch or two of testing before releasing it to the public.

I stand corrected. I know exactly what it is.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,098 posts
3,566 battles

It could be the Alaska still. It's entirely possible they release as optional steel or Free EXP (1M FXP) so that people who can't get free exp as easily as steel could get it too maybe?

[KAPPA]
Members
713 posts
5,628 battles

One important detail is that it's between the 28,000 and 30,000 steel ships, meaning it's very likely that the price will be in that range.

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,202 posts
4,951 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Viribus Unitis

The bow looks more like this. Notser says like the Nick but with a superstructure..

Untitled.thumb.png.fd9426211a673c46e3ee384b40908a85.png

Other than the sharp bow, I don't think it matches the silhouette at all. The superstructure and masts are different, as are the turrets, length of the ship and the items on the deck.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,988 posts
9,304 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

No ship in game, that can be faced by another player, should ever be exclusive. If a ship has been removed for being OP, then remove it from game completely, or change it so it does not have to be removed! Take the radar off my Belfast and replace with Fiji torps; I don't care.

You want to reward a mode of play, do it another way - a special camo, or flag. It should never be something like access to a ship. The only thing steel should be exclusive for is 'cosmetics'. IMO anyway. :Smile_honoring:

Much as I agree ships should not be exclusive, or at least have a version that can be obtained (So in the case of Ark Beta and Iwaki alpha, same ship, but different camo and dropping Alpha and Beta from the name) - they actually, legally can't directly nerf the premium ships so they can't replace Radar with a heal or torps. Though TECHNICALLY they could add the option to replace Radar with Heal though maybe a better heal than Edi to offset lack of torps if IFHE isn't enough to maybe cut down on radar if people make the choice to use the heal instead of Radar on their ship. It's basically treated the same as if you bought a car, then took out your CD player some time later and replaced it with an 8-track. Fixing Radar is one way to do it, but according to them making it lie of sight was too complicated for us to understand or make sense of, so we'll see what happens next there, however there is another solution - make the other ships better. 

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts
5 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Much as I agree ships should not be exclusive, or at least have a version that can be obtained (So in the case of Ark Beta and Iwaki alpha, same ship, but different camo and dropping Alpha and Beta from the name) - they actually, legally can't directly nerf the premium ships so they can't replace Radar with a heal or torps. Though TECHNICALLY they could add the option to replace Radar with Heal though maybe a better heal than Edi to offset lack of torps if IFHE isn't enough to maybe cut down on radar if people make the choice to use the heal instead of Radar on their ship. It's basically treated the same as if you bought a car, then took out your CD player some time later and replaced it with an 8-track. Fixing Radar is one way to do it, but according to them making it lie of sight was too complicated for us to understand or make sense of, so we'll see what happens next there, however there is another solution - make the other ships better. 

Oh I understand the legal aspects etc and understand the issues it would raise.

It would be nice for the community to say 'yeah, that's not very fair is it, change away', but many of those that say the game is about skill, would be the very ones that wouldn't want to lose the advantage they have (however big or small).

It's an idea that's all, one that I don't think will every come about, but then if you specifically sell a ship stating it has the ability to stealth fire and then take that away (Blyska), I would have thought that means anything is possible(?)

I would just like to see a lot of what creates division in the community/game done away with if possible, it's not as if we don't bring enough with us individually without WG helping too lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,988 posts
9,304 battles
12 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It's an idea that's all, one that I don't think will every come about, but then if you specifically sell a ship stating it has the ability to stealth fire and then take that away (Blyska), I would have thought that means anything is possible(?)

I would just like to see a lot of what creates division in the community/game done away with if possible, it's not as if we don't bring enough with us individually without WG helping too lol

Technicality as the mechanics were changed to all ships. Just like when smoke changed, Belfast and Kutz could be spotted in smoke when firing their guns, and why they offered refunds. It could benefit from a mechanic that was removed. 

And the problem is - you'd get to a point that you'd just have to remove the game cause almost everything beyond "boats shoot and float" causes division. What is needed is discussion and compromise. No "my stats are better than yours", no "git gud scrub", no "you only play one type", none of the usual nonsense used to try and devalue the thoughts and positions of another that has nothing to actually do with the game play IE - why something is balanced fine as is. And need to knock it off with not wanting their ships nerfed, people need to be open to give and take. Otherwise, Wargaming will solve it themselves if we can't compromise and say what we want with one unified voice - and we may all hate what they come up with or just be further divided. Perfect example is the CV rework. Most people didn't want to budge - CV players vs non-CV, USN CV vs IJN CV, almost everyone was entrenched and unwilling to compromise - so Wargaming came up with their version, which has haters and supporters from all previous factions creating even further divides and arguably more frustration and hostility because while it is true of some people some are dug in that those for the rework just want CV's dead, some don't they find this fun, and that those against it want CV's to stay as is so they can be gods of death, again some don't, I'm one of them and hate the rework for historical and gameplay reasons. The one thing haters and supporters do seem to agree on is that the rework in patch 8.0 is way too soon. 

DD players want an HP buff of 20%, the others don't want it, we debate it, maybe go with 10% - not as high as they want, but more than what they had. BB's want CV alpha nerfed, a fair demand, they take some hits to AA damage or allow our plane HP to be buffed as a trade - also fair given we no longer hit as hard. Division is fine if we can all at least act like adults and have a civil debate and attempt to have some give and take or just meet in the middle that everyone essentially gets something if not the exact things they want. Cause everyone is different and gonna want different things. Plus trying to just simply get rid of it like removing radar, removing CV's, etc, would itself just cause more division and animosity. 

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts
24 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Info

Yep, can't disagree with most of what you say. :Smile_Default:

I will always look to the in game rewards and economy. As every ship has a different role I look at the approach:

1. If a DD/CA/BB/CV player had what could be classed as a good game, then they should be coming out with similar XP and credits at the end of it. The damage, capping, spotting etc are all balanced to the role of the ship, so it wouldn't matter that a ship like a BB got more damage, because damage wouldn't be the a main factor to a DD; the DD would get more for spotting and capping etc.

2. If someone requests a buff or nerf, then I look at the stats and see if it is warranted in the role it fulfils. For instance 'some' BB captains were requesting some form of protection because their AP had been reduced against DDs and they feared that a wave of DDs would become invincible and destroy the game; to me that makes no sense whatsoever, why?:

a. The BB is the best surviving ship. The DD is the worst (along with the worst damage). The AP gives the DD a very low percentage life increase chance (matched to the amount of times a BB deletes a DD from across the map (not too much)).

b. A BB has a screen that he should be supporting in his role. That screen is comprised of DDs and CAs that have the role to kill enemy DDs. On top of that they will also spot any torps for the BB long before they get to him.

c. If playing well and keeping track of the battle and mini-map, the BB player should be fine with keeping AP loaded and firing at the bigger targets, adding support against a DD if they feel necessary, and have plenty of time to change to HE if he thinks the DD will make it through.

d. If the enemy DD does make it through, then the likelihood is he will have such a low amount of health that a fish taking a dump next to him will probably cause a devastating strike effect.

However, I'm always open to the fact that if we do get a wave of invincible DDs, or just if the game becomes unbalanced, then a review will need to be done and things changed. It's all about keeping the game balanced. :Smile_honoring: