You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Learux

Real time stats

17 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
139 posts
10,895 battles

Poisonous, allowing opposing teams to see the higher ranked players in real time is as bad as a random battle can get.

Please WG, stop this or just to be fair make it so that every ship has a threat level hovering over its icon.

Downloading mods should not give you an advantage on a pub level game!

Rant over.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

No one is stopping you from using mods, half the reason why we have certain things in the game are from the modders, its like a test bed done for free, as far as a threat icon goes, every ship in the game has one already, its red.

Seeing how high someone is in ranked is not a fair indication of the quality of the player, some do it well, others take 400 plus games to do it, relying on others to win it for them.

[RKLES]
Members
139 posts
10,895 battles

For some reason you failed miserably convincing me. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

• Funny 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,995 posts
9,304 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

Poisonous, allowing opposing teams to see the higher ranked players in real time is as bad as a random battle can get.

Please WG, stop this or just to be fair make it so that every ship has a threat level hovering over its icon.

Rant over.

Here's where I need clarification -

If by "Rank" you mean the icon from ranked battles showing whatever level they got to - it means nothing. They got to rank 1, big deal - I've sunk those players before with ships 2 tiers lower and half as good. I've seen unranked players worth 5 of them because they are as good or better than those players, they - like me, usually don't wan to deal with the toxic mess that is ranked. And it is available to everyone.

Now, if your talking about mods like whatever they call XVM here - I 100% agree they need to be removed, but less because they an see some sort of "threat level" and more the toxicity it breeds. Sure, on the one hand I enjoy making those cretins eat their words when they usually give me crap for being "a garbage CV" and telling the reds "GG, we lose our CV is crap" only to shut down the red CV and get double their score. But between that and all the other griping, suiciding, afking over the teams stats, one players stats, etc - not worth it and detrimental to the game. 

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles
22 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Let them stress over stats while you punish them

Oh yes, very much this.

Also, please, pretty please let loose on my ships, I like farming Dreadnought, Fireproof, Unsinkable, etc.

[RKLES]
Members
139 posts
10,895 battles
10 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Oh yes, very much this.

Also, please, pretty please let loose on my ships, I like farming Dreadnought, Fireproof, Unsinkable, etc.

Please add to discussion and stop showing your real age.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles
Just now, Learux said:

I was replying to that specific comment. That YOU feel nothing was added interests me not at all. As for my "real" age, lol, my man, if you only knew.

But, feel free to toss insults when you don't agree with something, it says far more about you than it ever will about me.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
541 posts
6 minutes ago, Learux said:

Could say the same to you...I could hear the sarcasm in his statement loud and clear. The fact that you chose to comment on it and throw an insult tells me you are of the same age you are claiming him to be. If you arent, and are actually older...well...thats a thing I guess.

As far as mods go, what mods add the game that havent already been added as actual parts of the game itself?

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts
1 hour ago, Learux said:

Rant over.

Data on players who have not hidden their statistics is available for anyone to access and see. You don't need a program to do this. Certain programs compile the data and present in a more convenient-to-read format but its still information that anyone can obtain.

[XXX]
Members
855 posts
2,968 battles
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

Now, if your talking about mods like whatever they call XVM here - I 100% agree they need to be removed,

It's matchmaker monitor, but since it's not an ingame mod, there's nothing WG can do other than close access to the api. I "think" WG once stated there's nothing they can do about outside mods.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,995 posts
9,304 battles
5 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

It's matchmaker monitor, but since it's not an ingame mod, there's nothing WG can do other than close access to the api. I "think" WG once stated there's nothing they can do about outside mods.

If I recall correctly they can detect those mods and issue bans. A bit extreme to ban people for having that mod - yes. But I'd rather not have this game turn into the same toxic mess Tanks did. 

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts
18 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

WG has provided information in their modding articles about how to mine the stats data that the game provides. Like I said, anyone can do this. If nothing else, you can go to the main WOWS web page and look up the individual players' stats.

I really don't see how knowing someone's stats would give a great advantage in the game. Also, I've seen teams with 56% combined win rates get ROFLstomped by teams with 45% combined win rates.  

Edited by Snargfargle

[XXX]
Members
855 posts
2,968 battles
18 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

If I recall correctly they can detect those mods and issue bans. A bit extreme to ban people for having that mod - yes. But I'd rather not have this game turn into the same toxic mess Tanks did. 

It's not an ingame "mod". They can't detect it's usage at all. Any app that is run outside of their own program, cannot be detected at all, UNLESS the mod hooked the game. Which it doesn't.

[XXX]
Members
855 posts
2,968 battles
17 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Also, I've seen teams with 56% combined win rates get ROFLstomped by teams with 45% combined win rates.  

I have as well. But it does help to see how stacked MM makes teams sometimes. The teams I see I'm like "wow wth" due to all the purples on one side and nothing on the other.

[XXX]
Members
855 posts
2,968 battles

Ok, so to add to this, MM Monitor does not seem to work in ranked sprint this time around. It does work for randoms though.