You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Inside the turret of an Iowa class battleship

13 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
683 posts
10,252 battles

Brings back memories of my tour of the gun turret of the USS New Jersey when she was on active duty.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
9,557 battles

It would be nice if wg would get into turret detail like this. instead of loosing the whole turret, one or two of the guns therein.

Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
Just now, Crokodone said:

It would be nice if wg would get into turret detail like this. instead of loosing the whole turret, one or two of the guns therein.

I would settle for being able to fire the guns one at a time. How freaking cool would it be if you where in an Iowa or a Yamato and after you fired all of your guns in turn and the barrel dropped for a little reload animation. I’d love to see that someday but we probably never will. 

• Cool 2

[PNG]
Beta Testers
185 posts
8,404 battles
7 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

I would settle for being able to fire the guns one at a time. How freaking cool would it be if you where in an Iowa or a Yamato and after you fired all of your guns in turn and the barrel dropped for a little reload animation. I’d love to see that someday but we probably never will. 

That would be awesome to have that option

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
9,557 battles
9 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

WoWs set a number of firsts for WG, something like thatwe may not see tomorrow, but certainly possible if vouched for in the future; especially if it improves gameplay.

Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
8 hours ago, Crokodone said:

WoWs set a number of firsts for WG, something like thatwe may not see tomorrow, but certainly possible if vouched for in the future; especially if it improves gameplay.

It probably wouldn’t change gameplay to much because you still will probably want to be firing full broadsides instead of one gun at a time but I’d really like to see the barrels move up and down independently of each other. The way the game is now it just dosent look right to have all the guns on Iowa moving up and down at the same time. If it was easier for WG they could keep it they it is now but add a little reload animation while the turret is on reload. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,546 posts
8 minutes ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

It probably wouldn’t change gameplay to much because you still will probably want to be firing full broadsides instead of one gun at a time but I’d really like to see the barrels move up and down independently of each other. The way the game is now it just dosent look right to have all the guns on Iowa moving up and down at the same time. If it was easier for WG they could keep it they it is now but add a little reload animation while the turret is on reload. 

reload animation probably would be hard since most of players are staring at the red ships lol, but i would suggest adding reload sound like chain/elevator/closing the breech etc... and make turret rotating sound louder (right now you can hear them only if you zoom in)

Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

reload animation probably would be hard since most of players are staring at the red ships lol, but i would suggest adding reload sound like chain/elevator/closing the breech etc... and make turret rotating sound louder (right now you can hear them only if you zoom in)

I mean just seeing the barrels drop down for the reload is all I’d really like to see. It’s a small visual touch that admittedly is nothing but eye candy so it’s not really that big of deal but I’d still like to see it. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,475 posts
2,486 battles

Now I understand when on my visit to the Missouri why we couldn't go in the turrets.

As an engineer, that was awesome

+1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
9,557 battles
9 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Every turret couldn't elevate and trim the guns independently. That was a feature of three gun turrets found on later usn ships instead of the likes of KGV and Dunkirque. 

If you watch the video, the turret is chambered off into three subdivisions; if one division geta hit or penetrated, the other two guns continue to function insteadnof loosing the whole turret like we do now. Such a feature would be a huge buff to American and French battleships and American +t8 cruisers; where taking a turret penetration would like last stand with propulsion, allow the otherwisw incapacitated turret to keep firing with 1/3rd, or 2/3rds the firepower instead of none of them.

Members
809 posts
5,489 battles
11 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Every turret couldn't elevate and trim the guns independently. That was a feature of three gun turrets found on later usn ships instead of the likes of KGV and Dunkirque. 

If you watch the video, the turret is chambered off into three subdivisions; if one division geta hit or penetrated, the other two guns continue to function insteadnof loosing the whole turret like we do now. Such a feature would be a huge buff to American and French battleships and American +t8 cruisers; where taking a turret penetration would like last stand with propulsion, allow the otherwisw incapacitated turret to keep firing with 1/3rd, or 2/3rds the firepower instead of none of them.

I understand that not all turrets behaved the way I described and I’m not really looking for the guns to be treated separately. The only thing I would really like to see is a small reload animation added to the ship who’s turrets did behave that way. For example the guns on the Iowa take 30 seconds to reload and I think it would be cool if in game the guns in each turret would after fired drop down one at a time and then raise up one at time to give the look of the ship in comabat a more natural look. The whole animation should take like 20sec that way it wouldn’t interfere with someone using the reload module with adrenaline rush. As a bonus it would be cool to fire the guns one at time but that gets more complicated that just an animation on the ship model and at the end of the day I’d be really happy with just that small animation. 

Like I said earlier it really would just be eye candy and is not a big deal one way or the other it’s just is on my wish list is all.