Ericson38

Why did WG take 50 doubloons from my account after winning battle

10 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,011 posts
11,798 battles

On 12/21/18 at 20:00 EST I just finished a game with the KGV, winning the battle with about 100K credits (60K damage or so). On the summary page was listed -50 doubloons, and then verified I am down from 325 to 275 doubloons. I really need those back to work on captain respect on Cleveland for IFHE.

No game mods, no pinks, no damage to anyone else.

For a service ticket, none of the listed categories seems to match this issue.

I submitted ticket under in-game goods lost.

Edited by Ericson38

[WAG]
Beta Testers
731 posts
6,106 battles

you most likely had auto resupply on, and ran out of a flag or camo you had equiped.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,393 posts
15,188 battles

as stated you had auto resupply with in game currency enabled for economic signals or a 50 doubloon camp. This one is on you for not paying attention to details.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles

It is best just to keep resupply off since Wargaming is unwilling or unable to fix this issue that has been complained about since I started playing several years ago. They did a "fix" recently where they explain it using the words "in game currency" but of course, that is quite vague since we are up to what. 6 in game currencies? 

At best it is a terrible design and there are many complaints about it in the forums and on Reddit. At worst it is designed to steal doubloons from players who may not be paying attention. It is the only place in the game where you can spend real world money without authorizing each transaction. The fact that this feature is still in the game after so many complaints tells me Wargaming is fine with taking money from players who may not be paying attention or are confused about the ambiguous wording of "in game currency". If Wargaming does not want to be treated like a nest of thieves, they need to make it perfectly clear in their wording or move the purchasing of all signals/consumables into the Arsenal so players can make the choice to spend their own money the way they see fit. 

Wargaming has asked us to trust them time and time again. How about you people earn it instead. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,417 posts
10,935 battles
43 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

as stated you had auto resupply with in game currency enabled for economic signals or a 50 doubloon camp. This one is on you for not paying attention to details.

Well, that check box is not very clear because credits are also in game currency. It should instead read "Resupply with premium in game currency".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Well, that check box is not very clear because credits are also in game currency. It should instead read "Resupply with premium in game currency".

Or they could just say what they mean, i.e. "doubloons" or "credits" or whatever. You know stop being coy and silly like a immature girl. It is business, they need to make themselves understood otherwise people will think they are trying to deceive them. It is hardly rocket science. 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,011 posts
11,798 battles

That's what is was, I have a ton of camo, but used an old one (type 6) past the 1 remaining level. Resupply was set to use in game currency, which I have very little of. Thanks for the explanation. I never have any currency, and was shocked to have some from a Christmas box yesterday. Was going to use it to respect cleve cap. So I never turn off resupply.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
28 minutes ago, WolfenRepentant said:

You also need to recheck the box after updates. Sometimes they are kind enough to turn it on for you.

YES! I had forgotten about this happening but there have been complaints about it occurring with some players. 

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,011 posts
11,798 battles

Only two camos show up for KGV with the GOLD doubloon resupply icon under the camo pattern icon, type 59 for 125 golds per single use (called a PURCHASE PRICE), and type 17, which is permanent, for 2000 golds. The others don't show GOLD symbol or indicate re supply with 50 GOLDs. Type 5, type 1, and type 2 indicate in their detail descriptions the credit costs for resupply.  The type 6 I ended up purchasing automatically after end of battle (which had one I didn't need to pay for) is the only one out of 23 camos that mentions GOLD for resupply (called a RESUPPLY), but there is no icon at the bottom of the camo pattern icon.

So why is Type 59 a purchase and Type 6 a resupply ? 

Edited by Ericson38