Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

Opened my eyes

10 comments in this topic

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles

The snowflake event has opened my eyes to many ships I never play . I always thought I would suck at DDs because it requires lots of key board work to move around . But I must say I say I really enjoyed the DD play and I really enjoyed the CA play too . I play all BBs but I play the Mass , Scharnhorst , and the Bismarck all brawlers . So playing DD was great fun sinking a BB with 6 torps was thrilling but I'm used to being in the action so I think it helped . Must say it was all in Co-Op so I'm very scared to go into random play because of the toxic atmosphere . But I am going to try I loved the Atlanta ,  Monaghan even the Krispy Crème . Are there any boats that you guys never played that might tickle your fancy now that u played them in the snow flake event ?

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 6

[HELLS]
Members
2,056 posts
19,529 battles

I had some extra shekels for my gameplay budget when the thing started. I went for three rounds of 5 Santa crates, plus a single. I ended up with Okhotnik, Duca Degli Abruzzi, T-61 and Monaghan and 4,000 doubloons, along with a ton of cammos. In the gameplay process I got two supercrates in a row ( without the roll) and got Anshan  and Mutsu, and WG gave me Murmansk as a bonus for getting into the Santa's crate thing. I was looking for Missouri but ya can't have everything, I guess. Not a bad haul of premiums, as I play mostly mid-tier anyway. If I had paid top dollar for them all, I would have busted my budget for the next year! 

Anshan was a revelation as I don't play the Pan Asian line at all, and the only RU ships I have were all freebees so I had no comparison base. The cammos and the doubloons for premium cammo got me over the top for Daring, my 7th T10, fully equipped, without dipping into my million free XP. The Duca Degli Abruzzi is better than most folks think as well. I have Aigle from the challenge missions and had hardly played it. The speed she has, especially when flagged, is a get out of jail free card when you get in trouble contesting caps in her. Good fun!

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I had some extra shekels for my gameplay budget when the thing started. I went for three rounds of 5 Santa crates, plus a single. I ended up with Okhotnik, Duca Degli Abruzzi, T-61 and Monaghan and 4,000 doubloons, along with a ton of cammos. In the gameplay process I got two supercrates in a row ( without the roll) and got Anshan  and Mutsu, and WG gave me Murmansk as a bonus for getting into the Santa's crate thing. I was looking for Missouri but ya can't have everything, I guess. Not a bad haul of premiums, as I play mostly mid-tier anyway. If I had paid top doallr for them all, i would have busted my budget for the next year! 

Anshan was a revelation as I don't play the Pan Asian line at all, and the only RU ships I have were all freebees so I had no comparison base. The cammos and the doubloons for premium cammo got me over the top for Daring, my 7th T10, fully equipped, without dipping into my million free XP. The Duca Degli Abruzzi is better than most folks think as well. I have Aigle from the challenge missions and had hardly played it. The speed she has, especially when flagged, is a get out of jail free card when you get in trouble contesting caps in her. Good fun!

I agree about the Duca !!

Edited by clammboy

[TDRB]
Members
2,545 posts
7,337 battles
30 minutes ago, clammboy said:

The snowflake event has opened my eyes to many ships I never play . I always thought I would suck at DDs because it requires lots of key board work to move around . But I must say I say I really enjoyed the DD play and I really enjoyed the CA play too . I play all BBs but I play the Mass , Scharnhorst , and the Bismarck all brawlers . So playing DD was great fun sinking a BB with 6 torps was thrilling but I'm used to being in the action so I think it helped . Must say it was all in Co-Op so I'm very scared to go into random play because of the toxic atmosphere . But I am going to try I loved the Atlanta ,  Monaghan even the Krispy Crème . Are there any boats that you guys never played that might tickle your fancy now that u played them in the snow flake event ?

I'm trying to feel comfortable enough to take DD's to randoms. They are fun to play but they are very unforgiving. While it will take some time to improve my stats to something reasonable, playing DD's in ops & coops has aided in the upward trend I'm having.

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles
8 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I'm trying to feel comfortable enough to take DD's to randoms. They are fun to play but they are very unforgiving. While it will take some time to improve my stats to something reasonable, playing DD's in ops & coops has aided in the upward trend I'm having.

I agree I'm really scared to take out the DDs in a random game . But it was much fun in Co-op thing is people just kill you if u you screw up . You don't get much advice in random just the git gud crap .

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,997 posts
9,304 battles

More dusting some oldies I've not played in a while. Like Varyag or as I call her "Russian Bias St. Louis" - and before anyone corrects me yes, I know, she is not actually one, she play and behaves similar for me. 

Though - the MM reminded me of a key thing - we need players playing these lower tier ships, tech tree or otherwise, to help keep the game healthy as people start out joining but have longer wait times than CV's have when things are off (It's rare I hit 90 seconds in a CV, I repeatedly hit 3 minutes on tiers 2-3).

Though while there is a ship like Varyag..... there was also Katori. I mean, she was bad when she was released 2-3 years ago in her current form at tier 3 (I go back to when she was a tier 1) and time has really not done that ship any favours. And as I go back, I see how poorly some others have aged as well. Actually considering doing maybe a small series of things looking back at some of these ships and how to not only make them better - but more appealing as they do deserve to be more than just a free port slot. 

[ARGSY]
Members
130 posts
4,583 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I agree I'm really scared to take out the DDs in a random game . But it was much fun in Co-op thing is people just kill you if u you screw up . You don't get much advice in random just the git gud crap .

With 7,000 games under your belt you should do just fine. You should have learned enough even fighting against dds.  Work you way up through the tiers. DDs are the most interesting ships to play and all others eventually get boring to me.  Tier VI dds are very fun and competitive. And you don't see radar much. Radar is not a monster either. If just forces a different play style.  It in no way hurts the dd game as some claim.. 

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles

Why does it say 7000 games when it really like 5500 ???? Not that much difference but why .

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles
1 hour ago, handybilly said:

With 7,000 games under your belt you should do just fine. You should have learned enough even fighting against dds.  Work you way up through the tiers. DDs are the most interesting ships to play and all others eventually get boring to me.  Tier VI dds are very fun and competitive. And you don't see radar much. Radar is not a monster either. If just forces a different play style.  It in no way hurts the dd game as some claim.. 

Ok I'm going to try but it is a much different game playing DDs . Much respect for all you good DD players takes a lot of skill 

Edited by clammboy

Sign in to follow this