Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Alsace - God I still love it to pieces

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

Been a good while since I played the ships and with the Snowflake event I decided why not?  An other couple seconds I could have had just over 13K more.  We should have won and this went right to the end - they got our last DD with only a few seconds left.  111 battles and 59% WR in it - better than any other BB I believe, that I have.

Still love this ship with my whole heart... ;)

World of Warships - Alsace - 178944.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,006
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,330 posts
5,376 battles

I see another satisfied player of the French BBs. I wish WG had made the RN BBs more along the lines of the French: An honest BB line not overly gimmicked to hell. Sure, the frogs have their super speed boost and gun reload booster. But this is just subtle icing on the cake for already solid and enjoyable battleships.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
[WOLF9]
Members
3,700 posts
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I see another satisfied player of the French BBs. I wish WG had made the RN BBs more along the lines of the French: An honest BB line not overly gimmicked to hell. Sure, the frogs have their super speed boost and gun reload booster. But this is just subtle icing on the cake for already solid and enjoyable battleships.

  Amen, brother, and have a +1!    Alsace is quite possibly my favorite ship in the game.   I love my Lyon and Courbet, too.   (what can I say- the low tier 12" armed BB's are really fun to play)

  Just got Gascogne out of a crate today,  fitted it out, slapped my 18 point Alsace captain in it, and went to war.    It plays kinda like a mini Alsace w/o the 2nd front turret.  Same secondary arrangement.   First game out, it got it's first secondary kill (KGV), and it's first citadel kill (a Schors that had been annoying me with constant fire.  Eat this, comrade!)  You could also call it Republique J.R.

 Yep- I loves me some French BB's!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[WOLFC]
Members
1,108 posts
8,618 battles

I've been pretty happy limiting my play to T6-7 and a few 8's.  But gotta admit, I have had my eye on that BB since the CC's first tested it, pre-nerf.

Why do they always nerf the fun ships ... :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles
10 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I've been pretty happy limiting my play to T6-7 and a few 8's.  But gotta admit, I have had my eye on that BB since the CC's first tested it, pre-nerf.

Why do they always nerf the fun ships ... :Smile_facepalm:

I had a couple game pre-nerf and the rest after and frankly - I see so little difference it is not funny.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,503
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,179 posts
10,504 battles
51 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I had a couple game pre-nerf and the rest after and frankly - I see so little difference it is not funny.

Exactly. Had WG not told people, most wouldn't have noticed. The ship is still incredibly compeditive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
72 posts
2,035 battles

That is a fun ship!  I didn't get it until after the nerf, but still really like it once it is upgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
Members
1,186 posts

its a good ship, but otherwise unlike other tier IX BB's it struggles to make credits in co-op even with a premium camo and economic flags since the gun nerf, even before the gun nerf with premium camo and economic flags to was hard work to make credits in co-op.

 

you end up doing a lot of work, causing a lot of damage with AP, then get -10k to -20k further in debt in co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles
50 minutes ago, b101uk said:

its a good ship, but otherwise unlike other tier IX BB's it struggles to make credits in co-op even with a premium camo and economic flags since the gun nerf, even before the gun nerf with premium camo and economic flags to was hard work to make credits in co-op.

 

you end up doing a lot of work, causing a lot of damage with AP, then get -10k to -20k further in debt in co-op.

I have no issues making money with her when doing 100K+ damage.  Only credit economic flag is 20% while good, hardly makes the difference between negative numbers and making over $100K credits (in the 2 games posted - more than $200K credits/game).

 

BTW - Any ship has issues making money in coop at any high tier - #1 reason not to do coop IMHO.

Edited by CylonRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
Members
1,186 posts
23 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I have no issues making money with her when doing 100K+ damage.  Only credit economic flag is 20% while good, hardly makes the difference between negative numbers and making over $100K credits (in the 2 games posted - more than $200K credits/game).

 

BTW - Any ship has issues making money in coop at any high tier - #1 reason not to do coop IMHO.

no some ships struggle others don't to make money in co-op at tier IX, and co-op at tier IX was the gist of my post.

 

and in co-op at tier IX with Alsace flags that grant +20% credits or -10% service cost are the difference between negative credits and positive credits even with a premium camo and premium time often.

 

BTW - Any ship can easily making money in random battles at any high tier - #1 reason not to do random battles is the people and the toxicity IMHO.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles
1 hour ago, b101uk said:

no some ships struggle others don't to make money in co-op at tier IX, and co-op at tier IX was the gist of my post.

 

and in co-op at tier IX with Alsace flags that grant +20% credits or -10% service cost are the difference between negative credits and positive credits even with a premium camo and premium time often.

That is why I added the BTW part... ;)   FOr me - coop would just get way to boring.  That that I like toxicity but I like the challenge better in randoms than the near click to win in coop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
[WOLF9]
Members
3,700 posts

  I rarely have issues making silver in Co-op, unless I get one of THOSE games.  (you know, where a lucky salvo dev strikes you before you do anything- or you get matched up with a group of super aggressive torp cruisers, who pull the entire bot team down on themselves- and murder them in 3 minutes or less.  Before you're even in range to shoot...)   And you'd get screwed in Randoms with those sorts of game, too.

  Premium time + clan benefits+ Zulu and whatever other credit signals ya got= moolah.   Even with BB's, don't be afraid to grab whatever offers itself:  caps;  cap saves; planes, etc.   Most importantly, don't play the way you would in Random- you have to be aggressive and mix it up, but smartly.

  On topic, I had another great game in Alsace yesterday.  I call it " Alsace-badger don't care!!"   It takes on ALL contenders, no matter what type- and crushes them, lol.   Ended up with 4 kills, and it would have been 5, but someone else had their eye on that CV, too, lol.    I just pushed into the cap, and they kept coming at me- first the DD  (was that a speed bump?), then the Atago supporting it.  (turning broadside 8 km in front of an alsace to launch torps??  DERRR)  Then a pair of Colorados.   I almost felt bad for them.

Almost.

  They wanted a piece of me...  They got it.

  I ate at least one torp, and EVERY bomber drop lit me on fire- sometimes twice- but no matter:  Alsace-badger was out for blood!

 Ended up with 5 fires, and a gazillion secondary hits.  Coupla citadels, too from that silly Atago. (8 15" shells into a cruiser broadside at >8 km?  THAT'S gonna hurt)

Ka-Ching!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers
58 posts
9,188 battles

It is my best tier 9 BB. I have mine spec. for AA. The CVs think it will be a push over but I usually shot down every plane they send me. 

I am not even going to get the tier 10. Hear it is bad and lacking Firepower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×