You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Dreadnought's missing item...what is it?

17 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,214 posts

Dreadnought is missing an item onboard, anyone spot it right away?

SPOILERS BELOW

It has 17 of it's 76mm secondaries. One is missing from the stern, though the mount for it is there.

Is this a historical easter egg? Or was it purely a WG thing?

The same holds true for the Oktober Revolutsya - one of the 37mm AA guns on turret 3 is missing a gun shield and all the life boats are missing, even though there are brackets to hold them. What gives?

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,343 posts
5,396 battles

All I know is that HMS Dreadnought is definitely missing some knots. WG what happened to the historical 21kt speed? :Smile-angry:

Modder
1,181 posts
52 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

All I know is that HMS Dreadnought is definitely missing some knots. WG what happened to the historical 21kt speed? :Smile-angry:

ClmT6.png

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,343 posts
5,396 battles
47 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

ClmT6.png

Oh?

Wasn't it 19kt when it was released? Has it buffed or is my memory just buggy? Which wouldn't be the first time lol.

Puts on speed flag...

8e4.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles

The Secondaries are a joke.  You are better off telling your sailors to throw the guns overboard and hope the enemy sails into them and sinks :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Modder
1,181 posts
18 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Oh?

Wasn't it 19kt when it was released? Has it buffed or is my memory just buggy? Which wouldn't be the first time lol.

Puts on speed flag...

8e4.jpg

Yeah WG fixed it on the quiet

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,048 posts
16,036 battles

I am not going to lie it's one butt ugly ship. But it grows on you like an ugly puppy that you just know is going to grow up to be an even uglier dog but you just can bring yourself to shoot it 

• Boring 1

[CLARE]
Members
307 posts
2 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

The same holds true for the Oktober Revolutsya - one of the 37mm AA guns on turret 3 is missing a gun shield and all the life boats are missing, even though there are brackets to hold them. What gives?

If I recall correctly, the version of October Revolution that we got in the game is the one that was parked in the harbor during the war.  It just sat there and shot at the German planes that came to bomb the city.  That is why it has AA guns everywhere and there is no need for the life boats.

Edited by ij70

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
10,901 battles
2 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Dreadnought is missing an item onboard, anyone spot it right away?

SPOILERS BELOW

It has 17 of it's 76mm secondaries. One is missing from the stern, though the mount for it is there.

Is this a historical easter egg? Or was it purely a WG thing?

Several of Dreadnought's secondaries were intended to be dismounted and stored elsewhere to keep the main batteries from damaging them, it also sounds like the RN relocated various secondary guns though out her service life. It probably matches a picture somewhere.

Not sure why the 37mm mount on the OR is missing the shield, but she is in her WWII configuration, and the boats would have been removed before she got into combat to remove a fire hazard, keep the main guns from destroying them, ect..., this was common practice in most navies.

[WOLFC]
Members
354 posts
17,884 battles
3 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

All I know is that HMS Dreadnought is definitely missing some knots. WG what happened to the historical 21kt speed?

Mine does 21 knots. It does take a while to get there, though.

Beta Testers
3,575 posts
2,613 battles

Dreadnought is still missing as a stand alone purchase from the shop.
Looking forward to when it is... Charleston too as 15000 coal is a bit too step imho.

I hope it gets it's rear secondary, I doubt it'll fire often with my playstyle ( :Smile_izmena: ) but it might be fun when it does.

[FGNE]
Members
591 posts
3,079 battles

You know what else is missing?

Hood’s rocket animations!

and now back to your regular thread program.

Edited by CO_Valle

[L-S-D]
Members
58 posts
27,707 battles
40 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Looking forward to when it is... Charleston too as 15000 coal is a bit too step imho.

I hope it gets it's rear secondary, I doubt it'll fire often with my playstyle ( :Smile_izmena: ) but it might be fun when it does.

Well I got her as a stand alone on Thursday.

[PNG]
Members
4,563 posts
11,880 battles
8 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Stick the speed flags on her she runs at 22 kts.

[PNG]
Members
4,563 posts
11,880 battles
2 hours ago, Francois424 said:

I got lucky I had a 30 percent off coupon and used it to buy the bundle with both the Vanguard and Dreadnought. Just one thing is the Vanguard is a little underpowered for a tier 8 so if you decide to go that route be prepared to use the Vanguard for attacking cruisers.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,048 posts
16,036 battles
6 hours ago, KaiserinaLiz1 said:

I got Charleston on Wednesday night for the amount of coal it was going for. It's just like the St. Louis tier 2 US Cruiser.

tier 3