Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ForVictoryAndHonor

Shells going everywhere, help...

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,246 battles

I'm not sure what is happening to me but I can not longer land good salvos.

I had the Nagato and did not have problems landing shells on any type of ship, I recently got the amagi and can't hit the side of a barn in it. It feels like I'm shooting without locking onto the targets (I am because I check after those crap salvos), I don't know if I messed up game settings or what. 

If you want to know how bad it is...

10km flat broadside New Mexico, I fire all 10 guns at him (just a bit above the waterline with proper lead), 2 shells overpen and the others all fell short...

9km flat broadside Baltimore, fire all 10 guns (just above waterline and proper lead), 5 overpens and nothing else...

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles

Yikes, that's some rough RNG.

I don't know the IJN BB buff history, but it's possible Nagato was given better accuracy sometime in the past to help with uptiering. Have you added any upgrades to the Amagi yet? If it's still stock, it's possible that the step down from full-build Nagato to new Amagi is behind this.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,982 posts
2,728 battles

Amagi, upgraded, is one of the most accurate BBs in game. On the Balty, aim waterline for the citadel. Higher and you just over pen, especially at close range.

Take it into a training room with various stationary targets and see how you perform there. You may find some small thing you're doing to throw your aim off. Or RNG may just be trolling you.

[SOFOP]
Members
728 posts
6,700 battles

I've had the same issue with Gneisenau.  I have Tirpitz and I do fine with shots.  Bayern didnt seem better or worse than I expected.

But them I get to the Gneis.  6 barrels so I know every shots going to count.  That said, I have literally seen shots from the same turret both over and under shoot a target...like, one shell goes over and the other falls short.  Unless my ship is going over a wave, I am not even sure how that is possible.  Everyone second or third salvo is fine but 2/3rds seem to just be haywire.  I have got the point where I just aim midship, at the deck, and hope the short shells get good hits.

Meanwhile other Gneis ships are hitting me consistently for 12k salvos, while I struggle for 1k.

As the OP said, it's like the lock mechanism is failing.  Hopefully when I get Bismark things will return to normal and it's just that Gneis is a ship I'm not good with.  Again, I do pretty well with Tirpitz so I should be really comfortable in Bismark.  We shall see.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,540 battles

I've had that issue from time to time and ship to ship.  Full salvo from iowa and half the shells land a tad short and the others go over target.  Might get I hit.  I have never had more that three hits with iowa even though all shells land mid-ship;  not blaming the boat as much as I can't figure out what is happening.  Then again, I go out in the Monarch  (almost done with it ) one game and basically cant miss  ( 7 of 9 hits ), then go out again later and lucky to get 1 hit at about the same range.. can get frustrating.  Don't give up.

Sign in to follow this