You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadian_Reaper

I know it's stupid to complain- but TK penalty for being run into?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
288 posts
3,709 battles

Two games, not a big deal.

But how the [edited] do I get a TK penalty when a friendly ship with 60HP or so left runs into me and dies? 

(Yes I am a little stressed from fail teams at ranked)

[-BUI-]
Members
966 posts
2,925 battles

They should just remove all Friendly Fire damage from ramming, keep the minor penalty if you must, but whats the point?   Right now it does like 50-100 damage or ticks off some HP/s if you stay in contact, meaningless damage that has no impact on the game UNLESS that player is nearly dead....then you get a TK...dumb.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,262 posts
8,578 battles

Had a fun co-op match yesterday, with a fellow cruiser torping me.   I shrugged it off.    Same cruiser then is shooting at red BB, over-shoots, and hits one of our BBs.   He goes pink.    BB retaliates with a round, and he goes pink.    We had another go pink on the other side of the match.    All three were complaining for going pink.

[DAS]
Members
68 posts
10,281 battles

Have had it happen a couple times while I was sitting in smoke. Another low hp ship tried to borrow it, ran into me and sank. Poof! Pink!

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,393 posts
15,188 battles

@Canadian_Reaper if you did not turn orange or brown and restricted to co op you did not get penalized! You got a warning! Play off the pink and get over it! You can always send in a support ticket with the replay reporting that the other player intentionally rammed you to harass you which is cheating.

Members
679 posts
19 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

But how the [edited] do I get a TK penalty when a friendly ship with 60HP or so left runs into me and dies? 

WG understands that people enjoy your discomfort or enjoy imposing that discomfort on you.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
27 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

An utterly stupid situation which WG could make disappear with the stroke of a mouse cursor, if they really wanted to do so - which they don't.

Just another unfortunate bit of dross which affects this game.
I've learned to grit my teeth and swear at the monitor.

Members
2,837 posts
5,852 battles

If I had my choice I would impose friendly fire penalty as the delay of firing any guns, torps, planes or smoke....stoppage of action - even propulsion. You just sit there till it times out.

When times up you and the other are invulnerable for 10 seconds  so you can get away from each other.  everything back to normal.  

Members
467 posts
5,959 battles

This morning some player in a pink Atlanta kept asking in chat how another member of our team got his PEF already.  No response so he started shooting at him to get attention.  Easy to see how this guy got pink.  Then he charges forward and gets detonated by an enemy DD's gunfire.  He then spouts off how it is totally wrong for him to be detonated before he got to do any damage!  0XP match, still pink...    ;-)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,419 posts
10,935 battles

It is a no fault system and both players are "penalized".

[TAW]
Members
87 posts
13,117 battles
1 hour ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Happened to me.  Was behind a dd iin smoke, he started backing up toward me, saw he was doing it, reversed course but drifted into me with the slightest tap ever, died and I got pink. Talk about a "are you freaking kidding me" moment. :)

[WOLF9]
Members
3,714 posts
1 hour ago, DiddleDum said:

Had a fun co-op match yesterday, with a fellow cruiser torping me.   I shrugged it off.    Same cruiser then is shooting at red BB, over-shoots, and hits one of our BBs.   He goes pink.    BB retaliates with a round, and he goes pink.    We had another go pink on the other side of the match.    All three were complaining for going pink.

Good lord, lol.  Was one of them called Rube Goldberg??

I wish now that I knew how to work the replays...  Yesterday, I was locked in battle in my Atago with a red Baltimore and Atago.   I ate at least 2 citadels from Balti  (took a huge chunk of my health in one salvo.   Why I love playing it, lol), and was getting hammered by both.  I nailed Balti with a torpedo salvo, killing him- and started in on the Red Atago, when 2 things happened:  I died to cumulative fire damage, and 2)  got pinked.

What? How??  

The only other ship in the area was our Kutuzof- who was at nearly full health, and both 10+km away from me and away from the arc my torps were launched in.

So, a 2 game pink, and I don't know how or when I damaged anyone.   It is possible that he could have run into a stray torp, or  maybe even a shell- it was a real fur ball, and I was furiously trying to either kill both and survive- or just do as much as I could before they sunk me.   The only ships that sank were me and the red Baltimore.   

Weird.    The only other team damage I'm aware of in recent history is the usual ramming stuff from people not paying attention.   Like other posters mentioned, there's been a lot of that recently.  Heck, some dummy T-boned me yesterday, and pushed me broadside right at 2 enemy cruisers...   Some games you spend more time trying to avoid oblivious teammates than you do actual fighting...

I've been seeing a LOT more pinks lately.  I wonder if it's just related to the flurry of grind missions of late, or if WG has adjusted the sensitivity or parameters.

Edited by Fletcher7_1944