Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

What does "prolong" do in the Purchase Premium inside the client?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

722
[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles

I went in to see the discounts on premium time from within the client.  When I go to the Purchase Premium inside the client, I see this.

Spoiler

shot-18_12.21_16_19.16-0304.thumb.jpg.924177f9438181845e8477335cb3ab87.jpg

I understand the difference between WoWS and WG premium time.  I'm only interested in WoWS. I'm probably going to get enough steam cards for Christmas to get the Admiral's Bounty to convert that to 390 days. 

Does "prolong" do anything permanent?  I currently have 20 days premium time remaining. I'm already getting the 65% bonus. Should I wait until I have enough doubloons from the admiral's bounty after Christmas, should I do it now, or does it matter?  Asking because I've seen some threads about bonus PT but couldn't wrap my head around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[RNGRS]
Members
8 posts
6,860 battles

I took it as extend. Previously if I won or bought premium it would just stack on my existing so I assumed it was that. Not sure but my .02 on it. I still have 200 days so I didn't buy any yet.

Edited by BugFreak72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717
[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

Yep, extends existing time that you have, either WG or Warship premium time. I have more WG premium time than Warships premium time and in WoWs, it only shows the WoWs premium time at the top, unless you hover over it. In WoT or WoWP, it shows the WG premium time. Stacking Warships premium time over top of existing WG premium time does give the 25 doubloons for a day (partial counts as 25). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
722
[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles

Nevermind. After reading a bit more it seems the bonus premium time was for if you played multiple WG games. If you purchased premium before 7.12 dropped you would get both WG and WoWS PT.  Going forward you have to choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
722
[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yep, extends existing time that you have, either WG or Warship premium time. I have more WG premium time than Warships premium time and in WoWs, it only shows the WoWs premium time at the top, unless you hover over it. In WoT or WoWP, it shows the WG premium time. Stacking Warships premium time over top of existing WG premium time does give the 25 doubloons for a day (partial counts as 25). 

 

 

 

But now I'm confused again. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to clicking "prolong" now, or waiting until after Christmas when I get more doubloons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717
[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Nevermind. After reading a bit more it seems the bonus premium time was for if you played multiple WG games. If you purchased premium before 7.12 dropped you would get both WG and WoWS PT.  Going forward you have to choose. 

Yep. And all new premium time given out as rewards in-game in WoWs will be Warships premium time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717
[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

 

But now I'm confused again. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to clicking "prolong" now, or waiting until after Christmas when I get more doubloons?

Do you play WoT and/or WoWP? Because that will most likely decide what you do. Here are the options.

 

You play WoT and/or WoWP (or plan to play) as well as WoWs and want premium time on the other two. Buy WG premium time and when you earn Warships premium time in-game, it will overlap with the existing WG premium time and you will get doubloons.

 

You only play WoWs and don't care for WoT or WoWP. Buy the 360 days Warships premium time for $47.99 and have a year of premium stacked onto the end of your existing Warship premium time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[PROJX]
Members
1,010 posts
18,356 battles
27 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

 

But now I'm confused again. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to clicking "prolong" now, or waiting until after Christmas when I get more doubloons?

The prolong option will be there, however, there is currently a sale going on - 50% off for the 360 day Premium option - if you purchase that option now, it costs 12000 doubloons, compared to the 180 day option that costs 13500 doubloons in the same menu.  Not sure how long the sale goes on, but you currently can buy a year’s Premium time for a 6-month price.

 

Edited by hangglide42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×