You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lesser_

A problem of unpunished behaviour/botting in WoWs

99 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

Now, of course I can't name and shame anyone, god forbid. I only got like 2 strikes left and I ain't about to waste one on this guy, but he still needs to be talked about. Instead I will do my best to describe his warships resume. This isn't about stat shaming either, through these numbers I will prove to you that he is an intentional detriment to any games he plays on the level of professionals with integrity.

So lets dive in. This player has bad ratings of course, sitting at 840 with a winrate of 45% on 14000 games. Unlike most bad players though, he is on a steady decline in his ratings, not improving at all. At first glance you may attribute this to him being bad at higher tiers, which is definitely the case, but somehow he still managed good games netting 200k, can get 5-6 kills etc. That is every tier netting at least one record of 5-6 kills, high damage for tier including 130k at 5 and 6 respectively, 7 and beyond being all near 200k. Could all that really be dumb luck? I suppose it's possible, but highly unlikely. This player has good promising results leading up and until tier 4, and I suspect at one point his ratings might all have been decent up until tier 10, which would explain those good results. After so many games he just decided to not care? 14000 is a lot. Allow me to dig deeper.

This player has only 7 ranked games, 6 of them being season 10, a pretty recent one. In those 6 games at rank 21, he managed a PR of ~250, a damage average of 14k and frag rate of .5. Now, those ranks around 21 are usually populated by people who would be around his skill level, as those who rank higher also start higher in the next season. Yet somehow he still does astronomically poorly? He must be one of those players that charge in at the start and die, impacting very little on their game. Surprise, he has a 100% survival rate in those 6 games. What kind of play must be occurring to do so poorly yet survive all the time?

It gets better though, because I decided not to say his survival rate earlier when talking about his random battle performance. Would you believe me if I said he survives 65% of his ~14000 games? I was kind of shocked. To put that number in perspective I went and checked every single player in the O7 roster for their survival rate. The only players that beat his number were carrier mains Rocket_Surgeon(68%) and Happy_Thoughts (71%), a BB/CA Hybrid HuskyPP(73%) and a DD main Ajax_The_Great(65.5%). A close runner up was Generaldort at 62.5%, along with a couple more above 60%. The most common survival rates were around 50-55% for everyone else. 

This player gets Uni/Super Uni survival rates, better in most cases, and yet does so poorly? This I feel is the crux of my reasoning as to why I deem this player an intentional detriment. While writing this I got even more annoyed, so I decided I would show a game where we encountered him and his playstyle that nets him such conflicting statistics. You could watch this game or this replay and say "well maybe he had to go afk for real life stuff" and if you do, I urge you to consider that survival rate again. Did 36 Innocent players have to suffer this guy in ranked? Is this a player who once actively played and is now botting? Is he allowed to get away with such behaviour because he paid for some of the most expensive ships in the game, the freexpremiums?  You'll have to be the judge. If you want intentional detriments to your games, or bots gaining the system, to be punished and not rewarded a loud voice to make WG investigate these issues is the only way. A player like this must have been reported countless times already with no just result.

A recent thread where this players name was brought up just because someone was complaining of botting. How can any player have his name come to mind at the mention of botting and still have an active account?

EDIT: I assume Boyarsky deleted this link as it provided the player in questions name.

A stream snippet where this player was encountered. Mistakenly I mention him being a supertester, a flag he had on bore a close resemblance at first glance. My mistake does not excuse the gameplay, which honestly you can't really see much of. I recommend looking at the replay.

A replay file because Dorts face is blocking the minimap. Use the Insert key to fast forward. The player is in a Salem. A couple things to note with this replay. He doesn't just reverse into the corner, he either drives there or waypoints. His guns do not actively snap to the closest spotted ship, in fact if you unlock the camera with ctrl, shift, backspace, you will see him actively swivel guns and kite a shima that is not spotted. This makes me think he is doing this intentionally, and isn't actually a bot, but he's definitely been reported as one multiple times I'd wager. He griefs teams a la professional with integrity.

https://replayswows.com/replay/37708#stats

Ask yourself, if this player is allowed to get away with blatant botting/detriment behaviour, how many others do? Tell WG this is not acceptable. WG employees who receive these reports are either not investigating them very well, ignoring them for the most part, or giving special favors to certain players who pay money to the game. And no, I will not hear anything about him not actually being intentionally bad or a bot. The stat evidence speaks for itself, and it doesn't even take all that long to come to such a conclusion.

EDIT: It's amusing how many players have said they know the guy here and in discord. And people walk in and just say report him? Wake up, over 14000 games, even if half of that were him playing like shown in the replay, how many reports do you think he already has?

Edited by Pulicat
Fixed twitch snippet.
  • Cool 19
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[O7]
Members
594 posts
14,234 battles

Botting was huge in WOT.  I always wished WG would do something about it, but perhaps they would rather have inflated server populations, and "active" players?

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles

I wish WG cared more about players who actively grief the playerbase like this guy and Wilco! Negative! I Need Intelligence Data! guy.

• Cool 3

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
10,901 battles

I haven't seen many bots in WoWS, and I haven't seen any recently.

Now, players who actually have to work at being that bad, I see them by the matchful these days. Just got out of a match where almost the entire team clumped up behind islands, and refused to move out. I was up north on trap, getting ganged up on by about 5 ships, but some how, they can't find it in themselves to take anything, even if they outnumber the otherside locally 11 to 7.

I don't know if they are doing it because they want to throw games, or their level of skill doesn't meet the requirements to play tic--tac-toe, but they manage to stink just the same.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,600 posts
8,217 battles

Usually I don't care or pay attention to how enemy players operate, if they are bots or synchdropped alts (also a possibility you don't mention, Puli)/. I just sink them.

But today, I have had the unfortunate experience of having to play like a pleb (running dds) and had the most awful experience of encountering zombie players, botlike behaviour, calamitous cap rushes by lone bbs vs overwhelming odds (apparantly that is 'fun')/ It is disturbing. The gameplay experience is not good.

please Wargaming, do something.

• Cool 2

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,338 posts
15,069 battles

@Pulicat is it too difficult for you to make a support ticket with the replay so the cheater can be banned!

I suppose the 3 down voters so far are among the cheaters!

[OO7]
Members
4,234 posts
10,903 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Pulicat is it too difficult for you to make a support ticket with the replay so the cheater can be banned!

Multiple people have reported the player, yet the account is still active. It obviously hasn't worked and bad publicity is the only thing that wg seems to listen to. 

• Cool 5

Members
381 posts
9,943 battles

I have the same Issue, with a different player though not this particular guy. He has all the T 10's or most, over 10 000 games, and an avg dmg in T10's of around 25k, and a HUGE survival rating. He sits in spawn until he gets shot at, then runs, and always seems to be the last guy standing every time I meet him, with some of the lowest XP. OVER AND OVER! I see him on my team now and just KNOW we are a T 10 ship short.

[WORX]
Members
3,273 posts
14,695 battles
1 hour ago, Pulicat said:

WG employees who receive these reports are either not investigating them very well, ignoring them for the most part, or giving special favors to certain players who pay money to the game. And no, I will not hear anything about him not actually being intentionally bad or a bot. The stat evidence speaks for itself, and it doesn't even take all that long to come to such a conclusion.

Considering WOWS prior incidents, I find his to be untrue. WOWS is quick to ban people, they just dont publicly shame the people who do so.

Hi-lighted in bold is where I really disagree with your post. Stats never "speak for the,self" and yes others can come to the different conclusion.

Stats, used your way to cast a wide net as to categorize a certain behavior. When a wide net is cast, you're going to end up with surprising results, Standards of Deviation or interpreting/chastise a player who is not doing what you stated.

One has to be-careful when using stats to influence others by injecting  one's skewed conclusion to say with gusto what your stated in bold.

One thing for sure, the number of people who cheat is really low. Those who do, are not the ones your stats represent....

GL/HF

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles

Sounds like a case where I'd rather have WOWS' legendary Captain Bad Advice on my team. At least he tries!

• Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles
22 hours ago, SMERSH_NKVD said:

I've had the same guy on a few teams recently. Same behavior. If he's not a bot, I don't know what is.

He is not a bot, I've talked with him. He is just a griefer. Needs to be banned. But WG likes TKers and botting and griefers, these behaviors lead to collapses that put players back in queue faster. 

• Cool 2

[TMS]
Members
2,344 posts
24,300 battles

Was in a battle and a salem went right for the border and did nothing.

In the next battle a salem went right for the border again and the same dude again.

[GT99]
Members
552 posts
7,295 battles
7 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

It doesn't matter if he did, nothing changes. This person does this consistently and WG will do nothing about it. If this person is on your team prepare to be a ship down.

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
8 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Considering WOWS prior incidents, I find his to be untrue. WOWS is quick to ban people, they just dont publicly shame the people who do so.

Hi-lighted in bold is where I really disagree with your post. Stats never "speak for the,self" and yes others can come to the different conclusion.

Stats, used your way to cast a wide net as to categorize a certain behavior. When a wide net is cast, you're going to end up with surprising results, Standards of Deviation or interpreting/chastise a player who is not doing what you stated.

One has to be-careful when using stats to influence others by injecting  one's skewed conclusion to say with gusto what your stated in bold.

One thing for sure, the number of people who cheat is really low. Those who do, are not the ones your stats represent....

GL/HF

Please tell me how you would interpret a player who had good stats and results at one point, and then suddenly takes a sharp dive in those stats yet maintains an extremely high survival rate better than super unicum players, a blatantly disgusting looking 6 ranked battles, and video/replay evidence of what he does in those games. Go on, i'm waiting.

Don't forget to think about how some bans are unjustified. Like when certain CCs get punished out of nowhere. Or how about the time a person I know dev struck a WG employee with graf zeppelin, said enjoy, and then that wg employee proceeded to strike not only his account, but went out of his way to strike the two players in his division that did nothing at all? Did you know that after the fact, WG had to remove 2 of those strikes, but one of the div mates had theirs remain because WG decided to pull up their entire chat log from months ago? You think WG is on your side? They don't care about the player more then themselves. If they can get something out of it, such as money from a whale that actively griefs/bots their game, they will.

• Cool 4

[WORX]
Members
3,273 posts
14,695 battles
19 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Please tell me how you would interpret a player who had good stats and results at one point, and then suddenly takes a sharp dive in those stats yet maintains an extremely high survival rate better than super unicum players, a blatantly disgusting looking 6 ranked battles, and video/replay evidence of what he does in those games. Go on, i'm waiting.

I dont interpret stats to fix a narrative. When used in that regard, then your stats are standing in quick sand borderline propaganda. Here I would use your example above ^^^^

In Bold black is what I would conclude (granted I am going off your acct.) I dont have the stats in front of me of a known player with that example.

The bold purple font is the propaganda part. We dont have access to anything truthful. So in stats, if the numbers are the same then we come to the same conclusion. HOWEVER, the propaganda part, is used to push/convince a narrative/agenda that is not based on anything factual.

36 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Don't forget to think about how some bans are unjustified. Like when certain CCs get punished out of nowhere. Or how about the time a person I know dev struck a WG employee with graf zeppelin, said enjoy, and then that wg employee proceeded to strike not only his account, but went out of his way to strike the two players in his division that did nothing at all? Did you know that after the fact, WG had to remove 2 of those strikes, but one of the div mates had theirs remain because WG decided to pull up their entire chat log from months ago? You think WG is on your side? They don't care about the player more then themselves. If they can get something out of it, such as money from a whale that actively griefs/bots their game, they will. 

Not this again.... Human Error is real.... Its everywhere in life... What was not said is.... The players involved were punished for other incidents that were not reported.

This is like the cops finding other crimes then what was reported in the original incident. They took responsibility and its a buried subject. Every time  we play we're subjected to the rules, if people disagree then move on.

Those of us who experience that incident know what will happen so IMO stay clean.

GL/HF

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont interpret stats to fix a narrative. When used in that regard, then your stats are standing in quick sand borderline propaganda. Here I would use your example above ^^^^

In Bold black is what I would conclude (granted I am going off your acct.) I dont have the stats in front of me of a known player with that example.

The bold purple font is the propaganda part. We dont have access to anything truthful. So in stats, if the numbers are the same then we come to the same conclusion. HOWEVER, the propaganda part, is used to push/convince a narrative/agenda that is not based on anything factual.

Not this again.... Human Error is real.... Its everywhere in life... What was not said is.... The players involved were punished for other incidents that were not reported.

This is like the cops finding other crimes then what was reported in the original incident. They took responsibility and its a buried subject. Every time  we play we're subjected to the rules, if people disagree then move on.

Those of us who experience that incident know what will happen so IMO stay clean.

GL/HF

A video/replay, and other people commenting similar issues with this player isn't truthful. Ok... Dude you've gone too far in smelling your farts. The statistics of this player are the supporting evidence, not what the claim is made on. The claim is made from the REPLAY OF HIM DOING IT, with the stats and claims from other players being the support of that and a trend of repeat behaviour. If a fking replay is propaganda you need help. Drop the internet intellectual sht and look at it again.

Yes, the human error of striking 3 players who did nothing wrong, and then looking for any reason after the fact (chat logs) to justify those strikes because he made an [edited] of himself. Luckily for them, they found something on one guy. Nice and above board human erroring there. There is nothing wrong with finding more criminal activity done by a person you already have something on, that's what probable cause is for. The situation you are talking about is equivalent to a police officer getting angry at someone and making stuff up, and then try to justify it later by finding something else.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles
18 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Naval, every veteran knows this griefer. He is in violation of multiple community standards and guidelines and should just be banned. My last battle with him he was in Shima and drove around the back of spawn the whole match, which fortunately we won.

Everyone is sick of him, he's been reported multiple times, and WG does nothing. Until he is gone, he will be living evidence that WG likes griefers, TKers, and AFKers because they cause losses.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
981 posts

yep psuedo-afk top tier cruisers lose matches.

what also loses matches in that map, is top tier BBs who camp A and watch the rest of the map disappear.

Members
1,084 posts
2,399 battles

Does this guy play primarily in high tiers or does he play mid tier as well? There is a guy who just runs to the corner and sails in a circle while yelling at anyone who tells him to stop. Not a bot but still a jerkoff griefer.

[WGA]
Administrator
189 posts
261 battles

Guys, we have no reason to favor bots or anyone who ruins fair play for hundreds of other players. Regardless of how much they spend.

Thanks to your recent feedback, we started taking more proactive actions against accounts with suspicious behavior patterns.

Just a reminder, report all these cases of disruptive behavior via in-game reporting system. This helps to put habitual abusers on our radar. Also, feel free to submit replays via CS ticket. 

Unfortunately, we can't provide you with results of investigations of individual accounts, but we'll be monitoring how the situation develops and hope that you'll notice the overall improvement soon.

• Cool 6