Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

PSA: One year Premium time - half price! two ways

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles

This is the sale everyone was lamenting at Christmas last year.  Well, this year WG is doing it .. until Jan. 8.  360 days for $48.

Apparently good only for Warships Premium, but that's what most players want, I bet.

Edit:  Important!  See Post #4 below for additional information.

Drat!  Ninja'd (by two hours):

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles

As mentioned elsewhere, you can accomplish the same thing by spending 12,000 Db in-game.

• If you have the Db, you're already set
  • If you don't, for $50 the Admiral's Bounty bundle gets you 30 days plus 12,500 Db.  So for another $2:
    • 30 days more time
    • 500 Db
    • choose the type of Premium you want

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts
17 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Maybe if I sell the clothes I can't wear any more...

That would be just about everything in my closet. Gain a couple extra pounds a year and in your 60s it really starts to add up.

For those who are serious about playing the game and moving up through the tiers quickly Premium time is a very good thing to have. I won 37 days earlier this year from crates and it allowed me to get all the tier 10 USN ships easily.

Edited by Snargfargle

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,626 posts
14,824 battles

i bought a year's Premium time around Thanksgiving 2017 when it was last discounted that much. Been earning Premium through missions and PT awards and now down to 30 days. Time to tank up on a years worth.

I wonder if WoT is also selling their Premium time 50% off? Back in 2017 you could get two years worth for the price of one because WoWs and WoT were selling it at 50% off. Now that WoWs has its own Premium it doesn't make sense to do that.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,685 posts
24,558 battles

Well if I can figure out a way for WG to take my money I'd buy it.  Can't use my credit cards,  credit card GC won't work - tried that, no more Amazon Pay...

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles
7 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Well if I can figure out a way for WG to take my money I'd buy it.  Can't use my credit cards,  credit card GC won't work - tried that, no more Amazon Pay...

Paypal.

Members
492 posts

@iDuckman nailed it. Get the Admiral's Bounty for $49.99 instead of the 360 Warships Premium for $47.99. For the extra $2 you can purchase the discounted 360 days of Premium and get an additional 30 days.

As a PSA, to purchase Premium time with doubloons rather than card:

1. From the port screen, click on your player name in the upper left. This is where it will show how much Premium time you have left if you currently have a Premium account.
  2. This opens a little menu. Click on "Purchase Premium".
  3. You have the option of "prolonging" Warships Premium or Wargaming Premium. If you only play WOW, getting the Warships Premium makes the most sense. Click the "Prolong" button.
  4. Choose the 12 month option from the duration screen. There should be a little indicator that this is the discounted option. Is it messed up that they say "12 months" but only give you 360 days? Yes. 

• Cool 2

[POP]
[POP]
Members
185 posts
10,416 battles

Use a Subway or Dollar General gift Card, there are a couple other cardstoo. I think you have to buy them from a real retail store though. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

I wonder if WoT is also selling their Premium time 50% off?

I'll bet it is.  It would explain the Warships Premium-only Shop bundle. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles

Spend your Christmas bonus on something that will last all year!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles

Given that I don't have enough time to devote to WG's other products if I continue to play this game, I figured the Warships-exclusive time was worth it. Got the 390 days as detailed above. For one terrifying moment I was tempted to see just how many port slots 12,500 doubloons would buy, but I powered through and got the 360 days package instead (added to the 30 days that came with the doubloons).

I swore I didn't like paying for things that went away in this game, but at 16 cents a day (Canadian) it's trivial for the benefits it brings.

[S-N-D]
Members
2,383 posts
6,621 battles
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, iDuckman said:

As mentioned elsewhere, you can accomplish the same thing by spending 12,000 Db in-game.

• If you have the Db, you're already set
  • If you don't, for $50 the Admiral's Bounty bundle gets you 30 days plus 12,500 Db.  So for another $2:
    • 30 days more time
    • 500 Db
    • choose the type of Premium you want

23 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

@iDuckman nailed it. Get the Admiral's Bounty for $49.99 instead of the 360 Warships Premium for $47.99. For the extra $2 you can purchase the discounted 360 days of Premium and get an additional 30 days.

As a PSA, to purchase Premium time with doubloons rather than card:

1. From the port screen, click on your player name in the upper left. This is where it will show how much Premium time you have left if you currently have a Premium account.
  2. This opens a little menu. Click on "Purchase Premium".
  3. You have the option of "prolonging" Warships Premium or Wargaming Premium. If you only play WOW, getting the Warships Premium makes the most sense. Click the "Prolong" button.
  4. Choose the 12 month option from the duration screen. There should be a little indicator that this is the discounted option. Is it messed up that they say "12 months" but only give you 360 days? Yes. 

Two epic posts. Thank you good sirs. I now have 390 days of premium and a extra 500 doubloons to boot for $50.

Edited by _Caliph_

Sign in to follow this