Sign in to follow this  
IOWADragon

Replays won't open

25 comments in this topic

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

One of the items I noticed after not having game installed for 3 months are replays showing up in the folder. If that was on purpose THANKS.

However I've not been able to open any and not sure which app to install.

Screenshot (20).png

Edited by ThreeHeadedDragon

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

Not sure what wows files have been installed. Should have the most recent update. 

My system I reset before installing anything. But I might do another full reset. I checked the replay folder again to double check. All were from this month, 12/18 and some within a week.  And I deleted those just now.

In all likely hood it'll take a while for me to work the kinks out. 

I had nothing worth posting to the replay site, still one never knows and I would want to double check something first. 

Thanks.

[WLDD]
Supertester
204 posts
5,820 battles

You should be on 0.7.12-ish. In patch 7.11 the game does scrub all replays prior to the last 30 games by default. You can change this by going to C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res\engine_config.xml, search for maxReplaysToSave and change the number from 30 to whatever seems reasonable. I have mine set to 250 because I can. This seems to get changed back to default after a patch FYI.

To open the replays, you can right click on a replay file, open with and browse for your WorldOfWarships.exe.

So far as your video drivers are concerned (since you posted a screenshot), use the NVIDIA Experience app to keep the drivers updated. In my experience, Windows does a poor job at that.

• Cool 1

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

I did a full pc reset, installed game, did 3 randoms and while they are in the replay file they didn't open. 

And I included the video driver shot in case that was an issue. But thanks for the reminder SnipeySnipes

I've had 38 years in and out of a 12 step organization just to get the 15 straight years I have today  mostly in San Antonio TX. This is like getting sober, secede and fall off the wagon, then secede. Or when I quit smoking after decades, finally. 

I hate to give up is the point I'm trying to make. Whatever I am, quitting to me; is seldom an option, unless it's to fall back and regroup.

Working with this branch of Wargaming is like pulling teeth, especially if you're on the chit list, I believe. Sometimes.

Screenshot (1).png

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

Is there a link to that tool/app, I had once over the last week found a page that said install this to open the replays. I tried then and it wouldn't install. Now I've forgot where.

Thanks.

Members
2,836 posts
5,850 battles

Just remember that any updates will orphan any replays you had before. Unless you saved the whole WOW folder and put it in another directory BEFORE the next update they are over written and your done with the old replays.

You need to play one game quickly and complete it. Exit WOW and click on the replay you just made and it should replay it . You do not need a internet connection for replay.  

• Cool 1

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

WorldOfWarships.exe was not found

I'm not sure if it was here with WoW or WoT main support. But if a person took the time to give a step by step description I'll go from there. Maybe that's what I needed to do?

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

[WLDD]
Supertester
204 posts
5,820 battles

You have the extensions hidden (default setting for win 10). It's the second from the bottom in your second screenshot.

• Cool 1

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles
3 minutes ago, SnipeySnipes said:

You have the extensions hidden (default setting for win 10). It's the second from the bottom in your second screenshot.

Now in my bumbling I've went and deleted the replay file and am going to have to reinstall.

lmbo I can be such a dweeb at times.

Members
2,836 posts
5,850 battles
9 minutes ago, ThreeHeadedDragon said:

Now in my bumbling I've went and deleted the replay file and am going to have to reinstall.

lmbo I can be such a dweeb at times.

You can't retrieve the replay file from the Recycle Bin?  

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

After I've reinstalled the game ,

I should just drag and drop the replay file into that file SnipeySnipes?

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles
9 hours ago, dionkraft said:

You can't retrieve the replay file from the Recycle Bin?  

yes I should have.

when I looked the file was still there, Much later

Cleared some snowflakes and am taking a deep breath, until another time. 

Thanks .

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

So I can't drag just a single replay to drop it, at least myself due to the way files are opening and I tried to drag and drop the whole replay file. Still hitting a brick wall. It can't be that hard to just make the replays work, WoTs is doing it. I have no problems watching my wots replays so far.

Could the server I'm on affect this, I started play way back around the middle of wows first year, and obtained a bad rep that I've been trying to over come, true. Yet last time I was able to tell, I'm on server C, and I'm wondering is this where they sent some of us who are considered unworthy.  

Members
2,836 posts
5,850 battles
5 minutes ago, ThreeHeadedDragon said:

So I can't drag just a single replay to drop it, at least myself due to the way files are opening and I tried to drag and drop the whole replay file. Still hitting a brick wall. It can't be that hard to just make the replays work, WoTs is doing it. I have no problems watching my wots replays so far.

Could the server I'm on affect this, I started play way back around the middle of wows first year, and obtained a bad rep that I've been trying to over come, true. Yet last time I was able to tell, I'm on server C, and I'm wondering is this where they sent some of us who are considered unworthy.  

You don't even need a internet connection to play a replay file.  It will play as long as that version is correct for the EXE program to play it. It will only ask for a internet logon if the versions don't match.

make sure you "Drop" the replay file onto the correct file which is approx: 20,656 KB size.   The EXE location is usualy in C:   in the GAMES directory and in that the EXE program name is:   WorldOfWarships

Members
2,836 posts
5,850 battles

I suggest you play a short game NOW in Co-Op and ram a enemy. Use that replay file to test to be sure

• Cool 1

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

You don't even need a internet connection to play a replay file.  It will play as long as that version is correct for the EXE program to play it. It will only ask for a internet logon if the versions don't match.

make sure you "Drop" the replay file onto the correct file which is approx: 20,656 KB size.   The EXE location is usualy in C:   in the GAMES directory and in that the EXE program name is:   WorldOfWarships

Yet that file is not visible on my files yet and any attempt to drop it elsewhere have failed.

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

So it appears that I just need to be more patient and keep trying, sooner or later I might succeed. 

Screenshot (15).png

Members
2,836 posts
5,850 battles

The situation is that you can DROP the replay file onto the WOWsEXE program and it will run but the replay file is no "associated" to the program its suppose to run.  Namely you will have to RIGHT click on the replay file and choose "OPEN WITH....."  then choose "BROWSE" and navigate to that WOWs EXE file and it will link it to the program which runs the replay. 

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles
2 hours ago, dionkraft said:

The situation is that you can DROP the replay file onto the WOWsEXE program and it will run but the replay file is no "associated" to the program its suppose to run.  Namely you will have to RIGHT click on the replay file and choose "OPEN WITH....."  then choose "BROWSE" and navigate to that WOWs EXE file and it will link it to the program which runs the replay. 

I've been trying that. Even dropped replay file while the client was closed and I was offline, all it did was load me into the port. 

Maybe not just the same, but

will browse to the woows exc

Screenshot (26).png

[FUSA]
Members
238 posts
8,132 battles

Did a pc reset because while streaming twitch,  I was hit by something, and having heard about a hack attempt though twitch and experiencing some [pc settings problems. Which might have been a Win 10 update issue]. I got around to seeing about replays. Being forgetful over so much info at times. I came here read the instructions to fill in the gaps, and got er done.

Replays enabled  

Sign in to follow this