You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Commadore_Crunch

Who else is not having fun , while being forced to use the Prinz Eitel Frederich in these missions?

116 comments in this topic

Members
46 posts
5,936 battles

This ship is really awful to use and I just cant seem to enjoy it , while being forced to use it to obtain Steel in the

missions. Any one have a better experience? I think this is WOWS greatest trolling of its player base ever LOL  :cap_old:

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

[MIA-I]
Members
1,232 posts
12,057 battles

Yeah, I am really happy with the PEF, deletes Cruisers and planes like nothing else.

• Boring 1

[90THD]
Supertester
1,219 posts
6,728 battles

Give it some time.  Every premium ship plays like something different.  You need to learn the ship and figure out where it's strengths and weaknesses are.  

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
620 posts
7,116 battles

I have really enjoyed it in ranked. Got multiple high calibers. With a cl or dd running with me I can really push a flank and punish anything. It out brawls the bbs and main guns waste cruisers. Dispersion can be German but it’s worked for me. I’m almost done with the missions

[HAP-F]
Members
40 posts
3,797 battles

The PEF is not all that bad. In my first ranked game last night I managed to kill 3 of the opposing teams ships with her. It was my best showing in a ranked or random battle since I started playing this game. Make sure you have a secondary armament build on her to make her a dangerous ship to close in on.

• Boring 1

[TF16]
Modder
1,003 posts
7,761 battles

Y

10 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Give it some time.  Every premium ship plays like something different.  You need to learn the ship and figure out where it's strengths and weaknesses are.  

Words of wisdom! 

As a case in point, when I first started playing the game I absolutely hated the Fuso and sold it ASAP. Then I joined a Clan and I watched a friend of mine use it to delete ships with alacrity. So I bought it back, practiced with it and started doing the same  

And if giving players a free ship for completing a series of missions and providing an opportunity to win steel is “trolling the player base”, then I’m all in with the Xmas trolls :cap_happy:  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

I've played two or three battles so far and I can say, I'm not very impressed with it. Of course, it could just be that I need to get used to it and find my niche with it. So I'll give it more time. My aiming with this BB seems to be a bit more problematic then my NM, Texas, WS, Kii and Tirpitz and I keep getting spawned on maps with lots of islands that I can't shoot over, but have to navigate around. Also I purchased the cheapest version and had to fit her with only a 5pt Captain. I may move my 11 pointer from the Tirpitz and see how she fares with a higher skilled commander.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,832 posts
3,574 battles
30 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Truth, right here.  I was doing the snowflake grind in Coop and was pleasantly surprised to learn that you can angle the BEJEEZUS out of a Krasny Krym and still get a large number of guns onto the target, in addition to having very pleasant torp angles.

Made charging down 3 BBs in turn feel like cheating.

Edited by DerKrampus

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,537 battles
1 minute ago, DerKrampus said:

Truth, right here.  I was doing the snowflake grind in Coop and was pleasantly surprised to learn that you can angle the BEJEEZUS out of a Krasny Krym and still get a large number of guns onto the target, in addition to very pleasant torp angles.

I'll have to remember that when I take out my Krasny Cringe to dust off its snowflake.

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
3 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Truth, right here.  I was doing the snowflake grind in Coop and was pleasantly surprised to learn that you can angle the BEJEEZUS out of a Krasny Krym and still get a large number of guns onto the target, in addition to having very pleasant torp angles.

Made charging down 3 BBs in turn feel like cheating.

I have to admit that the my Krispy Kreme does a lot better and survives a lot longer than I thought it would. And I can rack up some pretty decent damage with it.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,260 posts
15,028 battles
1 hour ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

This ship is really awful to use and I just cant seem to enjoy it , while being forced to use it to obtain Steel in the

missions. Any one have a better experience? I think this is WOWS greatest trolling of its player base ever LOL  :cap_old:

See the source image

[TF16]
Modder
1,003 posts
7,761 battles
33 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

I guess I have to figure it out, 8 guns low caliber AP meh sigma....

Good idea. I think I’ll use mine with my division mate taking his Arizona and working as a team. We generally steam in a loose formation so that should be a pretty strong combination if I stay in supporting AA range. We generally engage the the cruisers first so she should definitely shine in that role.  At that tier a ship with excellent AA is a good thing to have on a team. Good luck! 

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1 hour ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

This is a pet peeve of mine.  You are not 'forced' to do anything.  No one has a gun to your head.

If you want the reward, yes, you may have to drive the ship, but no one is forcing you to do anything.  You are given an opportunity for a reward, but it may have conditions.  You have a choice to fulfill the conditions and get a reward, or not fulfill the conditions and not get a reward.  *There is no one forcing you to do anything*.

If you're not having fun, by all means, don't do it.  A game is supposed to be entertainment and relaxation, not stress-inducing or a second job.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 8

[SIM]
Members
3,428 posts
5,276 battles
40 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

I guess I have to figure it out, 8 guns low caliber AP meh sigma....

Yeah, your first impression isn’t wrong, she’s a terrible ship. Her guns are poor, and aren’t especially good at killing anything. Even playing her like a CA yields mediocre results. Just gut through it and keep dreaming of the more enjoyable ships that you’ll unlock with that Steel.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
573 posts
9,351 battles
1 hour ago, KaiserinaLiz1 said:

The PEF is not all that bad. In my first ranked game last night I managed to kill 3 of the opposing teams ships with her. It was my best showing in a ranked or random battle since I started playing this game. Make sure you have a secondary armament build on her to make her a dangerous ship to close in on.

I think a major issue with PEF is it doesn't do as well as bottom tier. It is probably more reliable in ranked when it only has to face other Tier 6 ships.

• Cool 2

[TF16]
Modder
1,003 posts
7,761 battles
38 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Yea this is nothing, I did the Boise -> NdJ grind.  Talk about painful.

I admit I play cruisers 60 percent of the time and only have 14 battles in Boise, so far, but I’ve had a 62.25 WR in her.  You just have to be careful and work from the support line. 

Members
220 posts
6,042 battles

Ah I threw a secondary/survival spec on her if she's not any more effective she's at least fun and little white mouse was right now every one wants to carry my babies! :p

Edited by Cirdane

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles

Are you allowed to use Scenarios, OP? Because T6 scenarios have thin-skinned cruisers for you to murder and not very much in the way of PEF-blapping high-tier battleships.

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
429 posts
10,957 battles

Call the Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance. This dude is gonna explode.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1