Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

HE penetration a bit off?

5 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
572 posts
7,254 battles

I don't have access to my computer that has WoWS installed on it right now, so I can't post a screen shot.  But I noticed something the other night when browsing through my ships to see which ones needed adjustments to captain skills and modules, based on things I've learned playing.  There were several ships where the listing for HE penetration in the port seemed low.  For instance, if a gun has a caliber of 127mm, as I understand it the HE penetration should be 127/6=21.16mm. which would round down to 21mm.  But the information listed in the pop-up menu said 20mm.   Is this a glitch?  Or did I read the Wiki entry on armor penetration incorrectly? 

[CAST]
Members
1,556 posts
8,009 battles

127/6 = 21.16 so it rounds down to 21mm for the armour threshold for a shatter.  That means the shell will shatter on 21mm armor, but penetrate 20mm armor.

Edited by Murcc

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles
10 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

I don't have access to my computer that has WoWS installed on it right now, so I can't post a screen shot.  But I noticed something the other night when browsing through my ships to see which ones needed adjustments to captain skills and modules, based on things I've learned playing.  There were several ships where the listing for HE penetration in the port seemed low.  For instance, if a gun has a caliber of 127mm, as I understand it the HE penetration should be 127/6=21.16mm. which would round down to 21mm.  But the information listed in the pop-up menu said 20mm.   Is this a glitch?  Or did I read the Wiki entry on armor penetration incorrectly? 

Nothing is wrong. The math you used, is used to determine the "shatter point." So the 21 number you calculated is the armor thickness that will cause the shell to shatter.

Sign in to follow this