You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Hamster wheel

61 comments in this topic

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Not by me.  I fell in love with him during Public Test.  "Soon, bebé, soon."

P.S.  Saint Louis ain't no slouch neither.

Speaking of chubbies, how about a Henri Quatre (or Saint Louis) clone premium with sustainable economics?

Hmmm? 

Never enjoyed the Saint. I suspect that the Martel may have spoiled me.

[CLARE]
Members
569 posts
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

But where are all those guys with the 5% flags?  Are they still playing?

Are you talking Military Month Contributor?

Still flying mine on all the ships I have, including IJN.

• Cool 1

Members
4,415 posts
17,933 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

Despite what people think, F2P games live on new blood.  There is always people leaving, every day, for many reasons.  Some related to the game, some not.  No retained player is more important than keeping new blood to keep the game alive.  It may suck to realize that to the game company, keeping you happy isn't quite as high a priority as getting new blood in, but it's the way it actually works.  

People usually reply "Well, if they don't pay attention to ME, then I'll leave, and then the game will die!"...but that's not actually true.  If new blood stops coming in, *then* the game dies.

Very true but the new blood has be encouraged to stick it out and WG seems determined to discourage new players. Like +2 -2 MM and 2 CVs per team at low tiers that have ships with AA that's all but useless. As long as WG stubbornly clings to +2 -2 MM and doesn't limit CVs to one per team, most of that new blood that all MMOs need to survive wont stick around for long.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,679 posts
12,335 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Something like that is different. It has the potential to entertain the whole family, if Samsung goes bankrupt, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the TV, and the money spent will enhance enjoyment of ALL my present and future games.

So, your saying more dollars for more pixels = ok

TV provides the enjoyment, manufacturer bankruptcy or no, only so long as it is being watched. Pixels, regardless of who or how many.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles
3 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Wow.  In a way that might be good news.  Maybe there's a lot of new players.  But where are all those guys with the 5% flags?  Are they still playing?

I have one, and so do probably half of my clanmates.

3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

And now that you mention it, I haven't seen a 5% flag in a coon's age.

You should play with / against me and the other XBRTC goons more often. :D

Beta Testers
426 posts

Can't be bothered to grind the steel wall thing...my wallet is thankful for the steel wall. Can't spend cash when ya can't buy!

[-BSK-]
Members
1,481 posts
7,243 battles

There was so much hype, and I was not playing last Xmas, so I fell for it.  I ended up with things I did not want after spending the money, lesson learned.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[GWG]
Members
6,706 posts
12,763 battles

I bought the PEF and ran the missions.  After struggling to get the DD damage (the destroyers run away from me in Co-Op -- even when I'm in a destroyer!!), I got the Hatsu - with camo ::  My first ship.

AMAZING THING !!!!    It is fully researched !!   In years past, we got stock ships we had to grind the modules and hulls...  

The Hatsu is DONE.  You can sell the unused modules to pay for the Upgrades.

For those who already have those 5 ships...   Probably not worth it.  But it does give a newb a big jump forward on those grinds.

[WOLF7]
Members
5,122 posts
21 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

For those who already have those 5 ships...   Probably not worth it.  But it does give a newb a big jump forward on those grinds.

Yeah, I have 2 of 5, but I could get Hatsuharu, Dallas, and Nurnberg easily enough.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles
14 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

So, your saying more dollars for more pixels = ok

TV provides the enjoyment, manufacturer bankruptcy or no, only so long as it is being watched. Pixels, regardless of who or how many.

Guess that's true. 

Although the old 50" plasma I game on doubles as a space heater... :Smile_veryhappy: