You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jmanII

FYI: 1 year warships premium time for $47.99

52 comments in this topic

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
914 posts

Special offer in the premium shop - 360 days warships premium account for $47.99.

Been waiting for something like this for a while - getting low on premium.

In comparison - 13,500 DB ($57.54) in game gets you 180 days.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
4,419 posts
2,416 battles

It looks like the 30 day 12500 doubloon deal is a little better bargain. (for getting a year of premium).

Edited by DrHolmes52

[L-H]
Members
6 posts
12,137 battles

:cap_horn:Heads up as stated in other threads.   Buy the Admirals Bounty package in the Premium shop. That gives you 12500 doubloons and 30 days premium for the same cost of just 360 days premium.  Then go in game and buy 360 days premium for 12000 doubloons. You wind up with 390 days premium and 500 doubloons.:cap_happy:

• Cool 5

Members
220 posts
6,042 battles

told them last year I'd buy a year for 50% off (no flags) well now it's too late I'm still mad and they will feel my wrath..................lol no I jumped right on that and hit the buy button thank you WG.

[-BUI-]
Members
884 posts
2,844 battles

I only buy Premium time a day at a time and only if I intend to play for at least 5-6 hours straight, and I only do this because WG has it setup in a scummy way that Premium Time runs down when you are not online.

Not paying for something I get 25% value out of and 75% wasted.

If they ever change it so it doesn't run down when I'm not online, then I'll be happy to buy 1 year memberships.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 4

[A_51]
Members
796 posts
17,928 battles

My premium account expired a few weeks ago, and I held off hoping a deal like this would come along.  I'm pleased and surprised they made this offer available for doubloons.  Given WG's rapaciousness, I assumed they would require people pay hard cash for the discount.  I finally can unload some of those doubloons I've been stockpiling all year.

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles

You can buy it in game for 12k, actually cheaper to buy the 30day premium + 12,500 dubs and just by the premium ingame, then to buy the $49 premium in the shop, FYI.

[A_51]
Members
796 posts
17,928 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You can buy it in game for 12k, actually cheaper to buy the 30day premium + 12,500 dubs and just by the premium ingame, then to buy the $49 premium in the shop, FYI.

If you don't mind laying out additional cash, or don't have a pile of doubloons sitting around.

Edited by Seaneroo

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,106 posts
4,527 battles
1 hour ago, Cirdane said:

told them last year I'd buy a year for 50% off (no flags) well now it's too late I'm still mad and they will feel my wrath..................lol no I jumped right on that and hit the buy button thank you WG.

it was around last year too. you just had to go through the WoT store. Its been 50% around new years forever.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
444 posts
7,313 battles

I have 24K Doubloons lying around so I might as well buy it in game.  I spent enough real money on those Santa crates.

[TDG]
Members
1,621 posts
7,841 battles
1 hour ago, clmrone111 said:

:cap_horn:Heads up as stated in other threads.   Buy the Admirals Bounty package in the Premium shop. That gives you 12500 doubloons and 30 days premium for the same cost of just 360 days premium.  Then go in game and buy 360 days premium for 12000 doubloons. You wind up with 390 days premium and 500 doubloons.:cap_happy:

That is also the best rate on doubloons (250/$1) and the 30 days for free, so this is a good deal even if you just want doubloons.

[O_O]
Members
5,012 posts
11,254 battles

FINALLY!

WG kind of screwed up the premium time sale last year when they bundled it with flags...at @$80 it was more than I wanted to spend.  THIS is what I was wanting!

THANKS, WG!  :cap_win:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
826 posts
10,920 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

If they ever change it so it doesn't run down when I'm not online, then I'll be happy to buy 1 year memberships.

So a year of premium *time based

that doesn't run down while not online *not time based

huh?

how's that work?

Honestly wondering how you do the math on that. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

Members
220 posts
6,042 battles
1 hour ago, Hanger_18 said:

it was around last year too. you just had to go through the WoT store. Its been 50% around new years forever.

No last year it was TECHNICALLY 50% but they made you buy a bunch of flags too. This is a return to 50% for just the time.

[-BUI-]
Members
884 posts
2,844 battles
50 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

So a year of premium *time based

that doesn't run down while not online *not time based

huh?

how's that work?

Honestly wondering how you do the math on that. :Smile_unsure:

It only counts while you're logged in, obviously.

If you play 6 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY...you only get 25% of the value of a year of premium right now, if you play less than that, its obviously even worse.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
826 posts
10,920 battles
8 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

It only counts while you're logged in, obviously.

If you play 6 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY...you only get 25% of the value of a year of premium right now, if you play less than that, its obviously even worse.

Then a year of time based premium would be very expensive since it could last 4 times as long. 

[-BUI-]
Members
884 posts
2,844 battles
38 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Then a year of time based premium would be very expensive since it could last 4 times as long. 

I suppose if they want to adjust the pricing a bit thats fine, but I'm still NEVER going to pay full price for something that I can only ever hope to get 25% value from.

I feel if I pay for 365 days of premium game time, I should get 365 days of premium game time.   Not 91 days (assuming you play EVERY SINGLE DAY for at least 6 hours)

Until a better system is made, I see no reason to do anything beyond 1 day purchases when I know I'll be playing for an extended period of time (even then I don't get full value) then buy a big chunk and see most of it go to waste.

Edited by Zenn3k

[PVE]
Members
826 posts
10,920 battles
11 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I suppose if they want to adjust the pricing a bit thats fine, but I'm still NEVER going to pay full price for something that I can only ever hope to get 25% value from.

I feel if I pay for 365 days of premium game time, I should get 365 days of premium game time.   Not 91 days (assuming you play EVERY SINGLE DAY for at least 6 hours)

Until a better system is made, I see no reason to do anything beyond 1 day purchases when I know I'll be playing for an extended period of time (even then I don't get full value) then buy a big chunk and see most of it go to waste.

I guess it boils down to how you view it. 

My mindset is that these F2P games normally operate by subscription that is time based so I've never looked at it differently. 

Members
313 posts
5,378 battles

Very happy to see this return. Although it would be nice if they didn't do it at Christmas time when money is already leaving my account faster than the eye can follow. :cap_wander_2:I've said before it was all I really wanted from WG this year so I'm a happy chappy.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
168 posts
7,858 battles

Yes.  Just purchased. A great deal.  Thanks WG.  

Members
1,001 posts
12,763 battles

dont worry everyone there will still be someone saying he only plays on weekends, and its cheaper to not waste the prem all week and pay like 3.95 a weekend.... its so much cheaper and doesnt waste money like a full year.....

Members
1,001 posts
12,763 battles
5 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

your insane, you would pay $1.49 day a time.......  for just 32 days of play......   or you can have an entire year 24 hours a day every day, not to mention every time you get  a free day u get it extended, i ended up with almost 40 free days last year.

its not aWASTE!!of  prem time if you pay 48 bucks for a year when you spend more  buying 1 day at a time.    unless you play less than 1 day  out of every 14....... buying per day is the waste of prem time and money ! 

this is the same reason you dont buy 1 roll of toilet paper at a time for $3  but you buy a 20 pack for 30. ! economy of scale. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SPV]
Members
197 posts
4,789 battles

One day of premium is $1.50. There's 52 weeks in a year. Assuming you only buy one day of premium per week, you're still spending $78 a year. So it's a far better deal to buy the Admiral's Bounty for $50, get the 30 days upfront, another 360 days if you convert the 12,000 doubloons, and have the 500 leftover.

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Boring 1