You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WolfenRepentant

Belle Epoque Collection

21 comments in this topic

[HARU]
Members
76 posts
1,554 battles

How do you start it. I have looked around and cannot find the requirements for getting this collection going. It is not in my collections options. Can't find start date other than with the release of 7.12 which was wednesday.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/belle-epoque-collection/

[HARU]
Members
76 posts
1,554 battles

That would explain it. My wins in Co-op were low base XP and I could not get a win in random yesterday in the PE to save my life. Gave up trying after 5 losses.

[TDG]
Members
1,638 posts
7,887 battles

I did 4 battles in Co-op with P.E.F. without getting the 400 Base XP (I got close only once.).

Finally got it after three battles in Randoms.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[WOLFC]
Members
1,150 posts
8,755 battles
1 hour ago, WolfenRepentant said:

How do you start it.

As mentioned, complete a Task with a Container in the first Directive and it starts ....

Screenshot_1.png

[WOLFC]
Members
1,150 posts
8,755 battles
20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Kiz, do you know the answer to this question yet?

I still have my American Cruiser collection unfinished (with a ton of good dups) ... but stopped collecting just in case. 

Only 1 Daily Container collected so far and no Campaign Container drop in it.  If I (or anyone else) get(s) one, please let us know.

Screenshot_2.png

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
3 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I still have my American Cruiser collection unfinished (with a ton of good dups) ... but stopped collecting just in case. 

Only 1 Daily Container collected so far and no Campaign Container drop in it.  If I (or anyone else) get(s) one, please let us know.

Screenshot_2.png

As far as I'm aware, the Belle Epoque Collection is only from the New Year containers, and not a permanent collection.  It only showed up after getting a NY container, and there's no option to set it to collect items from daily containers.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles
1 minute ago, Deno said:

As far as I'm aware, the Belle Epoque Collection is only from the New Year containers, and not a permanent collection. 

Update 0.7.12 brings the new "In the Name of His Highness!" in-game event, along with the "Belle Époque" collection.

In the process of its creation, the development team used a wide range of sources that included meticulous historical research and photo archives. Today we are going to tell you about the features of the collection and show you some of its elements.

This collection will be permanently available in the game.

If it's permanent in the game, that SHOULD mean it autodrops.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,150 posts
8,755 battles
22 minutes ago, Deno said:

... there's no option to set it to collect items from daily containers.

It's has actually occurred less frequently that permanent collections have a Collect/Pause option, Deno.  Most of them have/had no option. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
31 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Screenshot_2.png

I keep completing the Missions and Tasks that aren't a NY container. I should get one today, but sounds like Deno has the answer for us.

27 minutes ago, Deno said:

As far as I'm aware, the Belle Epoque Collection is only from the New Year containers, and not a permanent collection.  It only showed up after getting a NY container, and there's no option to set it to collect items from daily containers.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Update 0.7.12 brings the new "In the Name of His Highness!" in-game event, along with the "Belle Époque" collection.

In the process of its creation, the development team used a wide range of sources that included meticulous historical research and photo archives. Today we are going to tell you about the features of the collection and show you some of its elements.

This collection will be permanently available in the game.

If it's permanent in the game, that SHOULD mean it autodrops.

Since Deno isn't seeing the option for autodrops, then it is like the Bismarck and Dunkirk collections where you have to have the New Year 2019 container to get the collection items. Probably why each one drops two items and there are so many you can get. I would not be surprised to see the NY2019 containers in the Arsenal for coal next year.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

It's has actually occurred less frequently that permanent collections have a Collect/Pause option, Deno.  Most of them have/had no option. :Smile_honoring:

Every non-event related collection that is permanent has had the option to collect or not.  A few of the event ones have been made "permanent" only due to their respective containers being purchasable through the Arsenal, while others have no way to complete them if you didn't do so during the event period.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles

It's going to be interesting. Fortunately, none of the containers are locked behind massive cash grinds and I don't think they're locked behind PEF tasks either. I MIGHT be able to get them all, but we shall see how many people who get all the containers end up finishing the collection out of them.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's going to be interesting. Fortunately, none of the containers are locked behind massive cash grinds and I don't think they're locked behind PEF tasks either. I MIGHT be able to get them all, but we shall see how many people who get all the containers end up finishing the collection out of them.

From a quick look, there are 15 New Year containers in the mission rewards.  With 2 collection items in each container, that's 30 total that you can get.  Since the collection is only 16 items, there are going to be a lot of duplicates, which you need 5 of to unlock any specific item.  Unless the drop rates are weighted to favor non-duplicates, it may be possible to see a decent number of people not complete the collection if RNG doesn't go their way.

EDIT:  Completely forgot about the campaigns.  That's an extra 15 containers, so it should be pretty easy to complete the collection as long as you get them all.

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In the Highness campaign, there are 4 NY2019 containers in the first Directive, 6 in Directive II, and 5 in Directive III. In the Mighty Prince campaign, there are 15 NY2019 containers in total (3 ea Mission 2-6).  None of the others give out NY2019 containers

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

In the Highness campaign, there are 4 NY2019 containers in the first Directive, 6 in Directive II, and 5 in Directive III. In the Mighty Prince campaign, there are 15 NY2019 containers in total (3 ea Mission 2-6).  None of the others give out NY2019 containers

I completely forgot about the campaigns this year, and the containers they'd give out...

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Deno said:

I completely forgot about the campaigns this year, and the containers they'd give out...

I went ahead and got the Steel Prinz bundle to make the grind easier on me, get some extra steel and so I could see everything right away to update the PSA. It's been nice so far, but to start the Mighty Prinz campaign, go ahead and do PvP as getting 400 base XP in PEF in co-op was not easy for me.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

In the Mighty Prince campaign, there are 15 NY2019 containers in total

AH, that's where the other pieces are coming from.

Think I can wait until they release this into the arsenal to finish off. That way I might also be able to time it to get the premium time for the substages at a time when it is most useful to me.

[BTLST]
Members
10 posts
6,115 battles

So do we have to wait a whole year to get the containers. The containers for every other collection have been in the Arsenal for months, no reason not to have completed them by now. I only need these and they are not making them available.

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, Bathite_1 said:

So do we have to wait a whole year to get the containers. The containers for every other collection have been in the Arsenal for months, no reason not to have completed them by now. I only need these and they are not making them available.

For collections that require a container, the containers take a year or more after first appearing to show up in the Armory.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,393 posts
15,188 battles

@DocWalker if you American Cruiser duplicates buy the missing pieces with them. Click on an empty spot and you will see how many are needed for 1 piece. It will likely be no more than 5.