You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Glue

48 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,674 posts
8,217 battles

Stop abusing it please.

Random battle player behaviour has been absolutely atrocious these past 24 hours.

a) random battle warships acting in a botlike or scripted manner (probably not bots, just really really bad gameplay)

b) yolos "I just want to have fun" that not only contribute nothing, they are, by loss of points, detrimental to battle outcomes

c) clustering (super strength glue) of 4 or more warships within a 5 km radius "because we have to stick together"

Please, whoever you are, stop sniffing it. It is bad for your health.

Reminder : random battles designed to pit players versus other players (that is to say, human vs human) and pit one human team against other human teams. Fun in this context is supposed to be a result of teamwork, or to rephrase that, of humans cooperating to help their own team win. 

Now, I have said my piece, I'll just head outside and scream.

Spoiler

If this carries on I'll return to playing 30+ Graf Zeppelin battles a day. And I will show no mercy, I'll even run the most hated 203AP with an anchoring fishing div. Be warned!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[GT99]
Members
554 posts
7,332 battles

Glue-sniffers....lulz. I had a guy last night in a Lyon die as a result of an enemy push. He contributed absolutely nothing to the game and was last in points. After dying he states "the game used to be better". I asked him was it because it did not require you to do anything? He comes back and says "it was better before the kids came in".

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

Weeknds + new patch + new mission/campaign + holydays = questionable players.

This is probably the worst time of the year to play this game. If it wasnt for the missions i would probably take a break for one month or so. Both the players and their gameplay this last few days have been quite questionables (to be polite). I would rather have bots on my team than the players im getting this last few days, bots would be less dumb. Every battle its a 1 vs 23. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

c) clustering (super strength glue) of 4 or more warships within a 5 km radius "because we have to stick together"

This is the only one I will disagree with if the ships are working together, focus firing down a single enemy and playing the objective. A coordinated group of ships can carry a random. 

• Cool 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,674 posts
8,217 battles
9 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

This is the only one I will disagree with if the ships are working together, focus firing down a single enemy and playing the objective. A coordinated group of ships can carry a random. 

Not in a tightly bunched pack, they have zero sea room, they cannot manouvre, they collide when trying to dodge torps.. they take collateral damage, and worse. they lose vision control (limited spotting), are extra vulnerable to flanking and crossfire. To be clear, I am not talking about 3 person divisions (grouping up as a division works, when all members of the division are very competent - which is rare), but 5 or 6 players in a team, in one case, ALL our cruisers...

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
6 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Not really, you want ships to be around the same area of the map, but not necessarily that close to each other. But satying that clsoe you are jsut making easier for the enemy team to angle/bow on or to a enemy DD score multiple torp hits. Its best to spread our ships into a wider area, creating crossfires and allowing better manouvering for your own team. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,674 posts
8,217 battles
1 minute ago, Xlap said:

Not really, you want ships to be around the same area of the map, but not necessarily that close to each other. But satying that clsoe you are jsut making easier for the enemy team to angle/bow on or to a enemy DD score multiple torp hits. Its best to spread our ships into a wider area, creating crossfires and allowing better manouvering for your own team. 

one BB HE shell, can cause dmg to sveral ships that are side by side.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,495 posts
2,510 battles

One of the questions that needs to be answered is how close ships are going need to be to each other to benefit from AA in the CV rework.

Everyone within 5km does sound like a barrel.

[H_]
Members
1,938 posts

OP!!!  Welcome to the world of revenue gimmicks and constant "events to encourage participation !!!"

Video games have wound down to the point that younger players need constant stimulation to stay engaged..............they leave the moment there isn't any.    The kiddies aren't here for history !  Heck, WW1 and WW2 aren't even taught anymore. 

Video games that are working at numbers over a million players a day all involve fantasy that has no basis in the real world.  LoL, WoW, OW, etc., etc., etc..... 

WG is responding to the market: High School, ARP, Space, Amine, Science Fiction crap and Halloween nonsense are all gimmicks to keep the kids..........most, not all, of the boomers don't play that crap and aren't even interested.  Heck, we're having trouble keeping players and we're down to three.....  The sales gimmicks like HE spam and most especially, RADAR have driven off many players my age that I personally know in this game....they have the money and the time for the game and the game, WG, drove them off in favor of the kiddies.......  Talk about cultural and generational incompetence......  Oy Vey ! 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,047 posts
7,023 battles
21 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Nope.  Giving up map control is never a good thing and usually leads to the other team controlling 2 of the caps and a loss for your side.

[S0L0]
Members
103 posts
2 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Glue-sniffers....lulz. I had a guy last night in a Lyon die as a result of an enemy push. He contributed absolutely nothing to the game and was last in points. After dying he states "the game used to be better". I asked him was it because it did not require you to do anything? He comes back and says "it was better before the kids came in".

I saw a similar Lyon in Ranked. Our first battle together and he was literally going backwards, away from the cap, away from everything, in reverse. I thought he was a broken bot until he fired from behind an island a couple of times at the end.

The same player deliberately ran head-on into a pack of 4 enemy BB's and was promptly obliterated in the next game. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,928 posts
78 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

WG is responding to the market: High School, ARP, Space, Amine, Science Fiction crap and Halloween nonsense are all gimmicks to keep the kids..........most, not all, of the boomers don't play that crap and aren't even interested.  Heck, we're having trouble keeping players and we're down to three.....  

Lol typical "Kids and their anime are ruining MUH MANLY AND HISTORICAL GAEM" whine.

If it were not for these anime and games, "these kids" wont even care the slightest about WWII ships at all. Throw that "Anime is just senseless cartoons" notion out of the window.

And if anything, "these kids" you keep whining about are the ones that are keeping the game afloat since they usually stay.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
34 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Not in a tightly bunched pack, they have zero sea room, they cannot manouvre, they collide when trying to dodge torps.. they take collateral damage, and worse. they lose vision control (limited spotting), are extra vulnerable to flanking and crossfire. To be clear, I am not talking about 3 person divisions (grouping up as a division works, when all members of the division are very competent - which is rare), but 5 or 6 players in a team, in one case, ALL our cruisers...

So forgive me, I am old and can not see squat anymore. Did you say 5km or .5 km? When I think 5 KM I think of a DD in front of me 5km, a cruiser trailing my battleship by 5km that sort of thing. Where you are close enough to support one another but not on top of one another.

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts

I yoloed once and won the Medal of Honor. 

Custer_Bvt_MG_Geo_A_1865_LC-BH831-365-cr

I yoloed twice and it was "Custer's Last Stand." 

Moral of the story:

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 2

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
20 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Nope.  Giving up map control is never a good thing and usually leads to the other team controlling 2 of the caps and a loss for your side.

Maybe I am not expressing myself clearly, for that I apologize. When I say playing the objective I mean contesting caps and going for map control. 

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I yoloed once and won the Medal of Honor. 

Custer_Bvt_MG_Geo_A_1865_LC-BH831-365-cr

I yoloed twice and it was "Custer's Last Stand." 

The Battle of the Little Bighorn is one of the most misunderstood events in American History. Custer didn't yolo at the Little Big Horn. He was guilty of failing to support Major Reno's attack on the village, he was late. If Custer would have conducted his attack at the same time as Major Reno the entire outcome could have been very different. He was also silly for splitting his command into four elements and sending Captain Benteen in a totally useless blocking position that kept him out of the fight. The vast majority of Custers command survived that battle thanks to the quick thinking and bravery of Captain Benteen who was a hero that day but will never be remembered as such because of the outcome. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,047 posts
7,023 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Maybe I am not expressing myself clearly, for that I apologize. When I say playing the objective I mean contesting caps and going for map control. 

Understood, but it still doesn't change the fact that,  in Domination mode, if most/all of your firepower is concentrated in one spot the other side will quickly be able to overwhelm the remaining ships (if any) on the other 2 caps.  Then all they have to do is drop back and defend their territory.  Then you are not only down a few ships but you have to go on an offensive against the other side which is always more difficult. 

The only way this can work on a sustained basis if if the entire  green team controls the middle of the map which gives them the opportunity to move either way as the situation dictates.  But this almost never happens because inexperienced player almost always go for the map edges thinking there is safety in distance.

If you try this in Standard mode then you leave your cap vulnerable to a lone red DD or 2 sneaking through to your cap while your forces are tied down trying to take their cap but are too far away to prevent it.

I have said several times before that the mistake that newish players make is thinking this is a FPS on water instead of a strategy game.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,211 posts
15,789 battles
54 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The only thing they are "working together" to do is hide behind the same island however.

• Funny 2

[KRAK]
Members
2,211 posts
15,789 battles
1 hour ago, Xlap said:

This is probably the worst time of the year to play this game. If it wasnt for the missions i would probably take a break for one month or so. Both the players and their gameplay this last few days have been quite questionables (to be polite). I would rather have bots on my team than the players im getting this last few days, bots would be less dumb. Every battle its a 1 vs 23. 

Random matches have been in the crapper for a long time so it cannot be for the reasons you are stating, this may be making it even worse but is not the sole reason.

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
4 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

The only thing they are "working together" to do is hide behind the same island however.

ROFLMAO.....I remember once that I was in a battleship and I was behind a small island that I could shoot over. There was a tiny gap between my ship and the island and some genius in a cruiser decided to sail between that gap and my ship. I will accept partial responsibility because I never unzoomed the view and I fired the main battery and was instantly pink because that idiot thought it would be a good idea to squeeze in there. 

[WORX]
Members
3,406 posts
14,767 battles
48 minutes ago, Xlap said:

That is a questionable equation.

3 hours ago, LoveBote said:

a) random battle warships acting in a botlike or scripted manner (probably not bots, just really really bad gameplay)

b) yolos "I just want to have fun" that not only contribute nothing, they are, by loss of points, detrimental to battle outcomes

Back to the OP, IMO ^^^^I see excuses and failures to adapt to in battle situations. The failure to adapt causes the OP to feel powerless. Great players adapt and overcome these situations, its separates the Green beret/Navy seals  to the regular casual players.

"When one complains, you automatically become a lost cause for others to carry, When you adapt to hardships then you become empowered to inner greatness."

In summery, “And so, my fellow Gamers: ask not what your glue sniffer teammates can do for you—ask what you can do to empower your inner adaptation skills to empower your inner greatness."---------> President John F Kennedy, inaugural Speech of WOWS convention.

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That is a questionable equation.

I dont see why, its pretty simple. Lots of players with free time, lots of new stuff into the game. Its a large influx of players, sadly most of the with questionable skill. 

6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Back to the OP, IMO ^^^^I see excuses and failures to adapt to in battle situations. The failure to adapt causes the OP to feel powerless. Great players adapt and overcome these situations, its separates the Green beret/Navy seals  to the regular casual players.

"When one complains, you automatically become a lost cause for others to carry, When you adapt to hardships then you become empowered to inner greatness."

In summery, “And so, my fellow Gamers: ask not what your glue sniffer teammates can do for you—ask what you can do to empower your inner adaptation skills to empower your inner greatness."---------> President John F Kennedy, inaugural Speech of WOWS convention.

Its hard to adapt when your team is making poor/dumb decisions. When your team completely ignores objectives, refuse to leave spwan, sail to the edge of the map or just yolo rush. 

Members
22,444 posts
5,792 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

49 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The kiddies aren't here for history !

Who is? Right from the outset, I knew this was going to be a ship-flavoured 3rd-person shooter.

The only reason I tried it is because, due to my experience with WoT, the ships would look right, and the mechanics would be deeper than CoD.

If you want history, you need a sim or a strategic-level game. At your age, you should know this by now.

Video games that are working at numbers over a million players a day all involve fantasy that has no basis in the real world.  LoL, WoW, OW, etc., etc., etc..... 

Always been the case. Take any Avalon Hill boardgame for a given timeframe, and compare its sales to Monopoly. And that's a LONG time before videogames were ever envisioned.

WG is responding to the market: High School, ARP, Space, Amine, Science Fiction crap and Halloween nonsense are all gimmicks to keep the kids..........most, not all, of the boomers don't play that crap and aren't even interested. 

Thing is, there's at least a couple generations between boomers and the kids. Some of them are grandparents.

Plus, boomers are a shrinking market, they're old enough that many are starting to hit the end of their lifespan, or at least the point where they're unable to enjoy action-oriented gaming. And, as a demographic group, boomers were never anywhere near as big as their kids (Gen X) on videogames in the first place.