You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Problem with Last Stage of PEF Campaign

27 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles

How exactly am I supposed to get 4 million credits in last stage of PEF event, when I lack any Italian, Commonwealth, Pan Asian, Polish, or Russian ships tier V+!?

I mainly use IJN, KM, USN, and RN ships as well as some French ships. 6 nations of good credit earners are required, but not everyone will have the required nations, let alone good credit earners in all of them. And only 2 weeks when last stage drops to earn the 4 million credits.

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,319 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

How exactly am I supposed to get 4 million credits in last stage of PEF event, when I lack any Italian, Commonwealth, Pan Asian, Polish, or Russian ships tier V+!?

I mainly use IJN, KM, USN, and RN ships as well as some French ships. 6 nations of good credit earners are required, but not everyone will have the required nations, let alone good credit earners in all of them. And only 2 weeks when last stage drops to earn the 4 million credits.

Agree it seems absurd.

free xp the sov line or buy krohn. I have high tiers on all lines but this mission is making me lean towards buying krohn.

remember 4M is only 4-6 games in Miz, so its really only 5 bations you need to worry about. mushy covers ijn, so its really the 4 left

save all credit flags for them. The real pain is they dont let you choose when to activate prem time, because with prem time this mission is easy

Edited by monpetitloup

Members
1 post
33 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Agree it seems absurd.

free xp the sov line or buy krohn. I have high tiers on all lines but this mission is making me lean towards buying krohn.

remember 4M is only 4-6 games in Miz, so its really only 5 bations you need to worry about. mushy covers ijn, so its really the 4 left

save all credit flags for them. The real pain is they dont let you choose when to activate prem time, because with prem time this mission is easy

Let's not pretend this isn't a kick in the teeth to the player base.

Christmas is a time for giving? For WG, obviously not. Shame.

[POP]
Members
1,468 posts
17,158 battles
29 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just read it so you have to earn 4 million credits  on 11 tasks if you chose to do so in return for  another  400000 credits each task, am I missing something here, why bother giving you 400000 when you have earned 4 million.

Somebody was drinking do much vodka at the time when they came up with that idea.  

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
22 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Agree it seems absurd.

Basically they are forcing me to use my Doubloons I have saved to get Italian or Russian ship. Thanks to Clan Battles I could load up credit Camo and signal flags to knock off the USN, IJN, and French credit missions in 1 or 2 clan battle nights. Then grind credits in Randoms with KM and RN, but would still have to get my hands on a 6th nation. This will get rather tight squeeze with all things considered.

[STW-M]
Members
2,971 posts
7,026 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Basically they are forcing me to use my Doubloons I have saved to get Italian or Russian ship. Thanks to Clan Battles I could load up credit Camo and signal flags to knock off the USN, IJN, and French credit missions in 1 or 2 clan battle nights. Then grind credits in Randoms with KM and RN, but would still have to get my hands on a 6th nation. This will get rather tight squeeze with all things considered.

The fairly obvious goal was to get people to buy PEF.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
5 hours ago, Gandariel said:

so buy t5 pan Asian or Russian ship.

whats the problem.

Russia was only nation I know off that its leader mass murdered millions of his own people out of paranoia that they might get in the way of his rule, then WWII came along and they sent millions more to their deaths in faulty military strategies early war while they thought of a solution and got organized. They had time before hand to come up with defense ideas and such, but simply did not or else killed the people who could have protected their nation. Does not sound appetizing to me, plus their “Navy” was merely coastal defense force and not true ocean going force that could wage war like other nations built.

Yes I know other nations made mistakes and were responsible for many deaths, but massive scale killing of your own citizens for no reason at all is different. And I don’t think badly of anyone that uses Russian ships, but I just don’t use them because of their history since my associating with them would seem wrong no matter how you look at it. They either have the shameful / bloody Soviet history as I mentioned, rather ugly, clumsy, many not even real, few to none with proper war history to them, and rest of nations keep me busy enough as it is without devoting  time to another nation full of tech tree grinds. So you can see why I don’t use Russisn ships.

Pan Asian Tier V would take the entire 2 weeks if not longer to grind the 4 million credits since Camo without Torps that hurt other DDs they lack mass destruction potential that rewards the greater XP and credits. 

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
36 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

The fairly obvious goal was to get people to buy PEF.

Yeah or else buy ships that are capable of completing the tasks to get the P.E.F.

Having to look over Itslian ships and calculate if I will have enough Doubloons to get Tipitz and an Italian ship. Or else it may be Tirpitz and no P.E.F. for me.

[KAPPA]
Members
715 posts
5,649 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Russia was only nation I know off that its leader mass murdered millions of his own people out of paranoia that they might get in the way of his rule, then WWII came along and they sent millions more to their deaths in faulty military strategies early war while they thought of a solution and got organized. They had time before hand to come up with defense ideas and such, but simply did not or else killed the people who could have protected their nation. Does not sound appetizing to me, plus their “Navy” was merely coastal defense force and not true ocean going force that could wage war like other nations built.

Yes I know other nations made mistakes and were responsible for many deaths, but massive scale killing of your own citizens for no reason at all is different. And I don’t think badly of anyone that uses Russian ships, but I just don’t use them because of their history since my associating with them would seem wrong no matter how you look at it. They either have the sahameful / bloody Soviet history as I mentioned, rather ugly, clumsy, many not even real, few to none with proper war history to them, and rest of nations keep me busy enough as it is without devotions no time to another nation full of tech tree grinds. So you can see why I don’t use Russisn ships.

Pan Asian Tier V would take the entire 2 weeks if not longer to grind the 4 million credits since Camo without Torps that hurt other DDs they lack mass destruction potential that rewards the greater XP and credits. 

Wouldn't them being largely paper be a plus, then? After all, those paper ships had no part in the war, as they are merely ideas that were never seen to fruition.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,196 posts
11,697 battles

it marketing model where the players have foreseen the result and unable to go through it so therefore have to buy the PEF now

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The aim is to reward people who have a broad range of ships across a broad range of nations, but 4 million each across any six of them is going too far. I'm going as far as directive 3 and cherry-picking the tasks that will get me containers. The ship and everything that goes with it can rot. It's just not worth that much effort to me.

• Cool 2

Members
108 posts
4,535 battles

I was looking this over last night.  How many of the tasks will we need to complete for this last stage?  I don't see how I can succeed at this if it is the usual 6, even though I really want the ship.

I play co-op and I will need to play hundreds and hundreds of battles. I have 300 +20% credit flags.  Currently:

• Russia - Oct Revolution Tier V
  • US _ New Mexico Tier VI
  • UK - QE Tier VI
  • Japan - Will have Mushashi Tier IX on Dec 24
  • Germany - Gneisenau Tier VII
  • France - Tier III BB grinding to get Tier V by then.

One of my goals is to play this "free" game for free, so no premium account.

PS - I don't think it would be fair to my teammates to jump in and start playing Tier V to IX games without developing the appropriate PvP skills.  Right now I probably am about Tier IV skill level for PvP.  If I ever decided to PvP my plan was to start there and slowly work my way up even if I had Tier IX ships.

[TBOW]
Members
297 posts
3,759 battles
2 minutes ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

• France - Tier III BB grinding to get Tier V by then.

Don’t grind the French because you get the t6 for free if you go through the campaign

• Cool 1

Members
108 posts
4,535 battles
Just now, embeddeddear97 said:

Don’t grind the French because you get the t6 for free if you go through the campaign

Good to know!  I will review the tasks in between.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
401 posts
3,321 battles

Well, it seems the most efficient way to work through the campaign to get PEF is actually buy a PEF to work through said campaign.  I have all, or at least most of the nations required (haven't checked too closely yet), to do this.  But time is the killer.  I just don't have enough seat time to rack up the credits.

As for the ship, it's totally 'meh' to me.  If it were something like the Saratoga  or Ark Royal (God help us if that's the way to earn either of those two),  I might go through the effort.  But, as it stands, it's a hard pass.

[TCNNA]
Members
793 posts
14,937 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yes I know other nations made mistakes and were responsible for many deaths, but massive scale killing of your own citizens for no reason at all is different. And I don’t think badly of anyone that uses Russian ships, but I just don’t use them because of their history since my associating with them would seem wrong no matter how you look at it. 

What about the million natives killed by Us govern? So do not use USA ships

• Cool 1

Members
22,459 posts
5,792 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Basically they are forcing me to use my Doubloons I have saved to get Italian or Russian ship. 

Red October is available for coal.....

Or if you're convinced you need to spend doubloons, you can just buy PEF outright, use it to fill in the nations you don't have, and get doubloons back.

I believe someone figured it out, and if you go this route, by the time you get your doubloons back, you've only paid a buck or so for PEF.

[USCG]
Members
367 posts
14,577 battles

I went ahead & purchased the PEF for $32.29. Now I have a bunch of time to complete the two events (Mighty Prinz and Nerves of Steel) that you need the PEF for.

Also, if I complete the "In the Name of His Highness" event, I will receive 6,800 doubloons (which I can always use) rather than the PEF.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/prinz-eitel-friedrich/#event

"If you already have Prinz Eitel Friedrich in your Port, you will receive 6,800 doubloons as compensation."

Figured this was the best way to get everything done & not feel like I need to play 24 X 7 during the holidays.

Good luck everyone...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,808 posts
21,072 battles
16 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

I went ahead & purchased the PEF for $32.29. Now I have a bunch of time to complete the two events (Mighty Prinz and Nerves of Steel) that you need the PEF for.

Also, if I complete the "In the Name of His Highness" event, I will receive 6,800 doubloons (which I can always use) rather than the PEF.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/prinz-eitel-friedrich/#event

"If you already have Prinz Eitel Friedrich in your Port, you will receive 6,800 doubloons as compensation."

Figured this was the best way to get everything done & not feel like I need to play 24 X 7 during the holidays.

Good luck everyone...

Yep, that's the shortcut.

You grind one time the 4mio credits with the PEF and get the mission for 5 nations done.

N0rloQx.jpg

And that you get the gold value of the ship back instead of the credits, like last times, sweetens the deal.

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Yep, that's the shortcut.

You grind one time the 4mio credits with the PEF and get the mission for 5 nations done.

N0rloQx.jpg

And that you get the gold value of the ship back instead of the credits, like last times, sweetens the deal.

Unfortunately that short cut is beyond my grasp. :Smile_sad:

[MV_BR]
Beta Testers
95 posts
9,735 battles

im not premium user, but im saving new year crates to use and complete the collection when this 4th directive will be available.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,219 posts
14,367 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you buy PEF it actually qualifies for 5 of the needed nations (I know makes no sense - but how it is). Every game in PEF counts towards those 5 nations (Germany/Italy/Poland/Pan-Asian/Pan America). So your 4 million earned in the 1 ship does 5 of the 6 you need. You then only need 1 other nation. So 8 million earned instead of 24. Plus, when you finish and get the PEF you will get doubloon compensation (6800) and not credits.