Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WanderingGhost

And it finally happened

12 comments in this topic

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,996 posts
9,304 battles

Ever since they changed the "AFK" rules I've been waiting on this day, and it finally came -

Spoiler

prYYfrm.jpg

Tried to get into a battle - game froze and crashed - attempted to reload, and after about 15 minutes of the "game loading" screen before the sign in screen with 0 progress, had to kill it with task manager again to clear my screen and knew the battle was over due to the time trying to load the first time and the second.

Every other game played fine, internet fine, hell, first game back even loaded early into the match, with the same ship. I have run every possible test, experiment, etc and have eliminated every possible source on my end. This has only really been a major issue ever since I was forced to install the Wargaming Game Center - it was a very rare late load occasionally without and not nearly as bad. It's something in the WGC, something on your guys end, or both. 

I said months ago people who are not actually AFK and have some sort of issue with the game or internet would get clipped by these changes, would end up penalized, now I know of at least one. Hopefully I can avoid  it crashing and causing this again for at least a couple weeks now. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,627 posts
14,838 battles

It happened to me once since 0.7.12 was released. I immediately ran the repair tool and it hasn't happened since.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,459 posts
12,810 battles

It sucks almost as much as a team being down a ship.

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts

This is yet another instance of punishing everyone for the infractions of a few. Most burdensome laws are like that. That said, a few players were abusing the system and farming wins by just entering a match, leaving it, then repeating with all the ships in their port. I would think that such behavior could be tracked and the players individually banned though, rather than having someone who suffered a power outage, etc., have to be labeled "unsportsmanlike" for something that was no fault of their own.

[PSP]
Members
8,131 posts
45 minutes ago, Khafni said:

It happened to me once since 0.7.12 was released. I immediately ran the repair tool and it hasn't happened since.

The few issues I've had with the game operating correctly were all fixed by the repair tool. It's amazing that so few people know where it is and how to run it. This might be a good subject for a WG video, maybe one with the funny captain that couldn't get his ship/game to run until the fish told him how to.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I was pink yesterday, I felt shame, then I wasn't pink. 

No one else seemed to care. 

• Funny 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,835 posts
3,584 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

I was pink yesterday, I felt shame, then I wasn't pink. 

No one else seemed to care. 

I intentionally made someone pink yesterday.  lol

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,496 posts
2,510 battles
3 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I intentionally made someone pink yesterday.  lol

I think that could be classified as assisting them.

• Funny 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,835 posts
3,584 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think that could be classified as assisting them.

It was a teachable moment, and my 22 knot backside wasn't going to make it to the enemies on the far side of the map anyway.  lol

Sign in to follow this