You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

When do Premium ships go on sale?

32 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles

I know Premium ships in the tech trees go on sale close to Christmas, anyone know exactly when that typically happens? Because the I am not wanting to pay full price for Tirpitz, since I had to get my Doubloons from the various ways in game they can be aquired freely, so they don’t exactly grow on tree for me.

And if there are some Doubloons left over might pick up another ship as well. 

• Cool 2

Members
635 posts
3,675 battles

I'd guess in a few hours for the week of christmas since Friday is when the store usually updates.

[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles
28 minutes ago, ksix said:

I'd guess in a few hours for the week of christmas since Friday is when the store usually updates.

Hope so, because after couple years of saving up Doubloons the Tirpitz will be a nice ship to use :Smile_smile:

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,229 battles
57 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Hope so, because after couple years of saving up Doubloons the Tirpitz will be a nice ship to use :Smile_smile:

It will help you with the credit mission. But rmember for 10k dubs you can buy 2 tier 10 premium camos, thus boosting credit earning on 2 lines.

[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles
42 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

It will help you with the credit mission. But rmember for 10k dubs you can buy 2 tier 10 premium camos, thus boosting credit earning on 2 lines.

Already have Perma Camo for Yamato and Salem, Gearing economics and my skill with it make Perma Camo  unnecessary. Although if I wanted to get a Kurfurst then getting Perma Camo might not be a bad idea, since if MM ever decided rig matches against me occasionally by adding a ton of fire spammers it might get costly.

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,229 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Already have Perma Camo for Yamato and Salem, Gearing economics and my skill with it make Perma Camo  unnecessary. Although if I wanted to get a Kurfurst then getting Perma Camo might not be a bad idea, since if MM ever decided rig matches against me occasionally by adding a ton of fire spammers it might get costly.

Got any French tier 10, that would help you out as well

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
857 posts
6,711 battles

Surprisingly not much info to be found about this year. I'm gnawing at the bit for some of the tech tree premiums to be discounted :Smile_trollface:

Beta Testers
304 posts
8,633 battles

I too am hoping that we will have either a premium shop discount or a dubloon discount on premium ships. I'm surprised they didn't announce anything today, in years past the discounts have been active by now.

[NSC]
Members
177 posts
6,676 battles

Yes....I'm waiting for this sale as well before puchasing anything, including the PEF mega bundle....

[OO7]
Members
4,217 posts
10,889 battles

They usually go on the sale the day after their last day of not being on sale. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles
3 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

Surprisingly not much info to be found about this year. I'm gnawing at the bit for some of the tech tree premiums to be discounted :Smile_trollface:

Hope Wargaming is not trying to be extra greedy by not doing their annual tech tree premium sales on account of it allowing players to more easily gain ships to be used in obtained games the PEF freely.

[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,225 battles

Since PEF bundle just came out this Wednesday, I suspect the sale for ships will be at least hold off until Christmas day or boxing day.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
857 posts
6,711 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Hope Wargaming is not trying to be extra greedy by not doing their annual tech tree premium sales on account of it allowing players to more easily gain ships to be used in obtained games the PEF freely.

Yeah lets hope. Still...better to sell 1000 ships at $40 than 500 ships at $50-60ish. Random numbers but it makes the point.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
699 posts
4,974 battles

As I keep saying, having a sale for the ships we buy with doubloons would ease the blow of the santa crates.  I really hope this will happen.:fish_nerv:

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

While I have a bunch already, there's probably 2-3 I'd consider adding at discounted rates.

Still smarting from the screwing I took on the Santa crates.  Giving me a Marblehead when I already had the Marblehead Lima.......

:fish_palm:

Members
414 posts
2 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

won't happen till the santa crates are gone

they happened at the same time as the santa crates last year. The fact that we have none still at this point and WG has said nothing at all about it leads me to believe they're not going to do one. People got lots of doubloons stockpiled either from earning them in game or from crates. People won't spend real money on the premiums if they can get them for doubloons. The fact that WG is now selling steel, which they said they would never do, and not even giving an option to earn it (especially as it was introduced strictly as a reward currency) leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and makes WG look like a scumbag company in my opinion. I'm not expecting anything good from them this Christmas.

[RKLES]
Members
8,922 posts
10,828 battles
3 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

they happened at the same time as the santa crates last year. The fact that we have none still at this point and WG has said nothing at all about it leads me to believe they're not going to do one. People got lots of doubloons stockpiled either from earning them in game or from crates. People won't spend real money on the premiums if they can get them for doubloons. The fact that WG is now selling steel, which they said they would never do, and not even giving an option to earn it (especially as it was introduced strictly as a reward currency) leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and makes WG look like a scumbag company in my opinion. I'm not expecting anything good from them this Christmas.

Yeah what is shaping up to be a distaster of a PEF event. Unless you have good credit earning ships from 6 nation’s you will not get the PEF, and without the PEF you can’t get the extra Steel either. Wargaming was advertising this event in such a way that made it sound like DOY event last year, but no they decided to get greedy.

So either have 6 nation’s with premium ships and premium time or buy the $32 Prinz Eitel Friedrich in which case I have heard it will earn credits for 5 of the nations at the same time and get you the extra steel, plus Doubloons when you use PEF to unlock the event PEF.

And I can’t buy the Prinz Eitel Fredrich  with cash, so I am stuck trying to figure something out. And Wargaming will really have me in a predicament with out premium ships going on sale, plus I noticed they  conveniently made Gullio Caesar vanish from tech tree shop to prevent players from using it as an easy Italian credit earner. And to top it off instead of the entire event time to complete everything they give you 14 days or less to complete the earn 4 million credits per nation tasks.

Members
414 posts
9 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And Wargaming will really have me in a predicament with out premium ships going on sale, plus I noticed they  conveniently made Gullio Caesar vanish from tech tree shop to prevent players from using it as an easy Italian credit earner. And to top it off instead of the entire event time to complete everything they give you 14 days or less to complete the earn 4 million credits per nation tasks.

The Guilio left the shop forever ago, but there is no need to earn any credits for the Italian nation. Even WG isn't so scummy that they'd make a required directive for nation that doesn't even have a single tech tree line.

Edited by anonym_nZihoX4oGLm3

[AAA]
Members
498 posts
8,161 battles
1 minute ago, pinkship9001 said:

The Guilio left the shop forever ago, but there is no need to earn any credits for the Italian nation. Even WG isn't so scummy that they'd make a directive for nation that doesn't even have a single tech tree line.

But they have those PEF-no tech tree line combo directives/missions. With Guilio its easier to knock off one directive without much trouble. Just giving an example :)

Members
414 posts
2 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

But they have those PEF-no tech tree line combo directives/missions. With Guilio its easier to knock off one directive without much trouble. Just giving an example :)

Is it really easier though? Yeah, it's a premium and all, but it's still only T5. I'd say it would be much easier playing high tier in the tech trees than trying to grind 4 million in mid

Members
292 posts
3,552 battles

amazing how some companies don't get how to market when people have cash ready to go and it is spending season. plus trouting out a POC ship like the PEF when the scharn is 1000% better and probably at a better MM

• Cool 1