You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chester_Arthur

Reported because I'm not super skilled?

19 comments in this topic

[DBRIS]
Members
20 posts
4,211 battles

So, I'm an over 50 permanewb with a tier 8 premium ship in a tier 10 battle, and I start turning to stop showing my broadside, but I turn into a torpedo, and a guy reports me in the middle of the game (how do you even do that? I don't know how to report someone, in game or out) because he suddenly decided I'm a bot. I told him I'm not a bot and he's quick to report people who don't live up to his high and mighty standards. And I tell him I don't have a tier 10 and am not ready for a tier 10 and his retort is ... he did far better than me and he was in a tier 8, too. No crap, Sherlock! I just said you reported me for not living up to your high and mighty standards!

And of course, he said he wasn't super quick to report me because I was the first one he reported today. How many has he reported this week? This month? What is it with idiots who want to report unskilled people at the drop of a hat? It makes the game less fun.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

i'm better than him and you fit my standards. now my good minion,you can keep eating torps,i don't want them near me.

• Funny 3

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

If someone is really bad - like ruining games for everyone- I report them.  Why?  It feels good.  That’s it.  Reports don’t do anything.

• Cool 3

[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
10 minutes ago, Chester_Arthur said:

So, I'm an over 50 permanewb with a tier 8 premium ship in a tier 10 battle, and I start turning to stop showing my broadside, but I turn into a torpedo, and a guy reports me in the middle of the game (how do you even do that? I don't know how to report someone, in game or out) because he suddenly decided I'm a bot. I told him I'm not a bot and he's quick to report people who don't live up to his high and mighty standards. And I tell him I don't have a tier 10 and am not ready for a tier 10 and his retort is ... he did far better than me and he was in a tier 8, too. No crap, Sherlock! I just said you reported me for not living up to your high and mighty standards!

And of course, he said he wasn't super quick to report me because I was the first one he reported today. How many has he reported this week? This month? What is it with idiots who want to report unskilled people at the drop of a hat? It makes the game less fun.

Karma is literally useless. No reports have any consequence except “misbehavior in chat.” And even this one only results in a one day chat ban if multiple people have reported you and the reports are validated (means you really need to misbehave). Ignore karma especially if you play on weekends because the numpties who play then will yolo, die, then report all survivors for “no support”

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
25 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Ignore karma especially if you play on weekends because the numpties who play then will yolo, die, then report all survivors for “no support”

That being said, please do give out compliments to other players, especially those on the red team and those who were friendly in-game!

39 minutes ago, Chester_Arthur said:

I don't know how to report someone, in game or out

To give out compliments/reports mid-game, I think you need to hold tab (to display the team rosters), then right click a player's name to bring up a menu. "Report" and "compliment" options should be on that menu.

If you're on a trackpad, you'll probably have to wait after the battle for the results screen. When looking at the team scores, you will be able to right-click players' names and send compliments/reports. You only have a brief time-window after the game to give karma, so I usually make that my first priority before screencapping the results themselves.

Edited by yungpanda

[WORX]
Members
3,244 posts
14,670 battles

People complain just to partake in complaining. I had games in where complaining about MM is the norm, even when there is nothing wrong with MM to begin with.

Long battle short. After complaining at the start of he match, by the end of the match, the guy was very happy how the match ended up. Mind you its a tier 8 mach in a tier 10 battle, Go figure.

[DBRIS]
Members
20 posts
4,211 battles

Go figure. AT&T dropped my link to the game just as a battle started (I was the only T8 in a T10 battle) and I connect just in time to see my ship flip over and see someone ask me why I just sat there stationary and did nothing while I got blasted away. :( I didn't get to see any of it. This just isn't my day.

Members
631 posts
3,669 battles

The report function is mostly cosmetic. I use it quite a bit as an outlet to vent some anger if someone plays extremely stupid or selfishly. One of my biggest problems is 2-3 man divisions that suicide when their buddy dies so they can move on to the next game.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
2 hours ago, galspanic said:

If someone is really bad - like ruining games for everyone- I report them.  Why?  It feels good.  That’s it.  Reports don’t do anything.

Kind of like crosswalk buttons, which aren't really functional in most areas (there are a few ADA exceptions in certain areas) but are usually only there to give the pedestrians something to do and make them think that they actually have accomplished something when the crosswalk light turns green. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[PNG]
Members
4,563 posts
11,875 battles
3 hours ago, yungpanda said:

That being said, please do give out compliments to other players, especially those on the red team and those who were friendly in-game!

To give out compliments/reports mid-game, I think you need to hold tab (to display the team rosters), then right click a player's name to bring up a menu. "Report" and "compliment" options should be on that menu.

If you're on a trackpad, you'll probably have to wait after the battle for the results screen. When looking at the team scores, you will be able to right-click players' names and send compliments/reports. You only have a brief time-window after the game to give karma, so I usually make that my first priority before screencapping the results themselves.

I give out complements to players who score above 1900 base xp in the battles. I only report those who really do stupid stuff in game.

[_-_]
Members
1,743 posts
3 hours ago, Chester_Arthur said:

Calm down, mate.

One of the first elements of community survival in most any MMO is to utterly ignore the trolls. Acknowledging them only feeds their narcissism.

Take consolation in knowing that the WOWS reporting/karma system means absolutely nothing, and no one will think the lesser of you.

Pro Tip: Hide your stats. It drives the trolls crazy. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

Sadly, reports dont  do anything, so you dont have to worry. 

Now, if you are messing wiht other players game, dont expect them to be happy about that. Losing  agame becase a players makes a idiot/dumb mistake can be really frustrating. Also, many players have a limited time to play this game, they often can only play a couple games per day. Its not fun when your limited time gets ruined by poor payers. 

Being botton tier has nothing to do with your mistake OP. In fact if you were a T10 BB it could be even worse conseidering that T10 BBs are much larger and sluggish than T8 BBs. This is more a poor positioning problem than tier problem. 

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
574 posts
2,718 battles
5 hours ago, Chester_Arthur said:

<snip...>

What is it with idiots who want to report unskilled people at the drop of a hat? It makes the game less fun.

And that's why many do it, to make you feel like crap and possibly quit the game. In essence, don't bother about Karma and reports, it's just fluff and a venting-mechanism as it doesn't do anything. These things only work on you if you care, so just forget about it and not care and your day will be so much easier. Promise.

Edited by Krautjaeger

Members
704 posts
7,836 battles

I've literally carried the day for the win and been down voted.

Karma means nothing. Don't let it ruin your fun.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,154 battles

I got two reports for dev striking a Moskva and then immediately after a Musashi in my own Musashi.

Can't win even if you aren't playing poorly.