Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

WG: Let's talk about currency inflation and simple steps to reduce it

36 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
3,103 posts
8,090 battles

The Alaska is going to be 1M free xp and the Jean Bart is already more than it's other T9 counterparts.

Currency inflation is an issue in WoWS right now but WG doesn't seem to recognize easy steps to make this less of an issue.

1. Remove free xp from "more resources" crates

This is easy. Right now, more resources frequently give 500/1000 free xp... in the same crates as something giving out coal. It would be trivial to remove free xp (or lower the crate amounts) because right now, simply because I want more coal I am accumulating extra free xp in the process. 

You can either just remove the free xp as an option, convert it to 3 or 4 Papa Papa flags, or lower the amounts by 50%. Lots of options here.

2. Provide better communication and timelines regarding upcoming ships

Without a way to understand and plan around upcoming ships, uncertainty makes players horde things. If I don't know if something will be coal or free xp, I will be inclined to hold onto resources even longer to keep options open. It is easy to negate this effect: just plan ship currencies and announce them in advance. I find it very unlikely whether WG has much uncertainty regarding the ingame currencies of most of the T9+ ships that have introduced and are in the pipeline now.

However, we players don't have this insight. We can't plan as players the way you can plan as a company. By making this more apparent it will be possible for players to actually plan out how they spend their currency making it more likely it gets spent.

3. Give better conversion options from currencies that are "inflated" to ones that are not

There are many currencies in game and unfortunately most of them have bad conversion ratios. Realistically, I would never recommend anyone to convert anything ingame except elite xp to free xp (during 35:1 deals).

It would be simple to add more options here. Add conversion options like:

• 1:5 free to elite commander xp
  • 1 free xp to 100 credits

etc. In other words, actually make conversion options that people want to use, away from currencies you think are inflated to ones which are not. Personally, while I have more elite commander xp than free xp, I'd much rather have more elite commander xp so I can put captains in all my boats (currently a bunch don't have captains). I would absolutely move some of my huge free xp reserve to commanders but not at a 1:1 ratio.

4. Remove fxp from supercontainers and santa crates

This is easy - just stop giving out massive quantities of this you say are supposedly are inflated in 20k-50k quantities.

5. Stop camo inflation

Just stop with camo inflation. No one cares about camos (talking about all but the Asian camos) being marginally better - I'd guess the number of people buying the newest shiny camo because it is marginally better than existing camos are approximately 0% of those buying them.

People buy camos because:

• They have no camo and want some
  • They were forced to get it because it was bundled
  • They like the aesthetics
  • It was in crates

I have tons of camo and you know what? Newer ones that are slightly better is never going to make me buy more. And when I bought the ones I have, I did so because I wanted some camo - not comparing it to the slightly worse previous camo.

There's no reason to continue to inflate the benefits of an item which no one is purchasing because of the very slightly inflated benefits.

--------

These are just some really easy and straightforward things WG could choose to do instead of raising prices 

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles

You make a lot of sense, really. To add to your post, a large % of the base has been around for a good while, we've either ground out everything, or almost everything, so Free XP just piles up.

Take myself, I have 17 T10's, and my last 3 9's are almost done. With all the upgrades, and with all the Free Xp ships, I currently stand at 2.6 million Free XP. I have something like 4 million sitting on ships, and haven't converted any to Free XP since the last 35:1 sale. The scary thing is that much of the base has been at it longer than I have, and has much more Free XP sitting there, and absurd amounts sitting on ships. 

WG, you're worried about inflation, so give us more and better ways to use the currency we have. Stop giving away Free XP like candy, and besides, we don't need new players in T10 MM a month after they start the game. For whatever reason, you think this is a great idea, but the evidence says it surely isn't.

[VW]
Members
2,446 posts
14,314 battles

This is absolutely ridiculous. You mindless numpties are the reason the prices keep going up. Stop asking for things to be more expensive!

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
611 posts
6,121 battles

Please no to option one or 4. I love that getting free xp with either one and specifically had asked in the past for a crate selection that gave more free xp as I can always use it.

If anything they should just stop adding the flags that can be used to accrue ridiculous amounts of xp when they are all stacked together. They literally created the problem themselves. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

4. Remove fxp from supercontainers and santa crates

This is easy - just stop giving out massive quantities of this you say are supposedly are inflated in 20k-50k quantities.

Personally I disagree with this. Collecting fxp from crates is merely at a snail's pace. WG have only themselves to blame for stuffing tons of unnecessary camos/flags into the game. Papa Papa should've been the only fxp flag in the game, nothing else. Introducing Ouroboros, Hydra, Leviathan and dozens of gaudy camos was a mistake.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,943 battles
18 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Why are people downvoting this guy? He's right. Otherwise we can expect ships that cost 1.5 million FXP next year.

1.5 million FXP is not problem. FXP ship is not must to buy.

Why need to reduce FXP because the cost of FXP ship? FXP can use on other things (tech tree ship, captain exp ....)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

The problem is there are not enough free xp ships in the game available to buy. They release them in dribs and drabs, players hoard their xp then get to select from a limited amount of ships, then Wargaming complains that there is too much free xp and too many of the free xp ships in the game. It is stupid. We need a big variety of ships to choose from to keep players constantly saving for something. The way it is working with release dates, by the time the next ship is released, players have had time to save up for it. I fully expect in a few months, to hear Wargaming complain about how many Alaskas are in the game.....  All it takes is one crap ship (looking at you Kron) and all a sudden, there is a glut of free xp because people didn't go for the boat. A quick fix to the problem would be to put a few of the older premium ships into the Arsenal to soak up the extra xp until enough reward ships are in the game. Pretty simple way to combat inflation, keep players in cycles of hoarding/spending, and cut down on how many of one ship is in the game.....

• Cool 6

[LEGIO]
Members
3,251 posts
6,010 battles
1 minute ago, Singleshot said:

1.5 million FXP is not problem. FXP ship is not must to buy.

Why need to reduce FXP because the cost of FXP ship? FXP can use on other things (tech tree ship, captain exp ....)

How is 100% price inflation not a problem for us peasants who can't afford to convert millions of XP at an overpriced rate?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The problem is there are not enough free xp ships in the game available to buy. They release them in dribs and drabs, players hoard their xp then get to select from a limited amount of ships, then Wargaming complains that there is too much free xp and too many of the free xp ships in the game. It is stupid. We need a big variety of ships to choose from to keep players constantly saving for something. The way it is working with release dates, by the time the next ship is released, players have had time to save up for it. I fully expect in a few months, to hear Wargaming complain about how many Alaskas are in the game.....  All it takes is one crap ship (looking at you Kron) and all a sudden, there is a glut of free xp because people didn't go for the boat. A quick fix to the problem would be to put a few of the older premium ships into the Arsenal to soak up the extra xp until enough reward ships are in the game. Pretty simple way to combat inflation, keep players in cycles of hoarding/spending, and cut down on how many of one ship is in the game.....

This actually makes sense. Nelson is still alone and it has taken WG ages to come up with another low/mid tier free xp ship. One ship I've always wanted in particular is Nikolai and they screwed it up.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,943 battles
Just now, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

How is 100% price inflation not a problem for us peasants who can't afford to convert millions of XP at an overpriced rate?

You misunderstand me.

I mean the FXP not only use on FXP ship then why we have to reduce FXP rate because FXP ships cost?

I can use FXP to skip tech tree ship, unlock upgrade ...... so reduce FXP is bad. And i dont want it.

If they increase the price of FXP ship, I just need grind more FXP in my favorite ship. It only take 1 or 2 month more ... no need for convert FXP.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
5 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

This actually makes sense. Nelson is still alone and it has taken WG ages to come up with another low/mid tier free xp ship. One ship I've always wanted in particular is Nikolai and they screwed it up.

You know putting the Nikolai up for free xp would actually be a brilliant move. Make it expensive since it was removed from the game. Say 500k, and it would be a nice xp sink.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,232 posts
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

You know putting the Nikolai up for free xp would actually be a brilliant move. Make it expensive since it was removed from the game. Say 500k, and it would be a nice xp sink.

Exactly! I've been saving free xp ever since Missouri first came out. There is a ship in WoWS that I desire but can't get because WG screwed it up. So now I'm just waiting for another ship to pique my interest (all the while still saving free xp), of which there are none. Gangut maybe but she's only T4 which is dirt cheap. Like you said, "by the time the next ship is released, players have had time to save up for it". I currently have enough fxp to buy three fxp ships!

Members
2,255 posts

They need to phase out the current special flags. Then introduce new ones that more inline with what "they think" is reasonable.

Because right now, they are punishing free players and people who convert XP. This is why I say WG doesn't know what they are doing... Because they really don't.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertester
4,366 posts
6,406 battles

I don't really have a problem with it.  Free XP ships are more expensive, but the prices are still not keeping up with inflation.  It's far easier to earn 1 million Free XP today than it was to earn 750k Free XP two years ago.  Yah it's mildly annoying the cost of Free XP ships are going up.....but it's a price I'm willing to pay for my overall increased wealth.  

*edit

And there is more to Free XP than just Freemiums.  It can be very useful for avoiding the stock grind on ships and even skipping ships you don't want to play entirely.  

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,477 posts
2,486 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

More choices would be nice. 

I wonder how much a Krasny Krym would be in free XP?

Members
112 posts
8,720 battles
3 hours ago, MorbidGamer said:

They need to phase out the current special flags. Then introduce new ones that more inline with what "they think" is reasonable.

Because right now, they are punishing free players and people who convert XP. This is why I say WG doesn't know what they are doing... Because they really don't.

I have to disagree, as a for profit company WG shouldnt be expected to make the acquisition of anything easy for the free player, It's the paying players that make free play possible for others. It's the paying customer that usually gets the perq's in any business, as it should be.

• Cool 2

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

The only people having a problem with "inflation" are people that don't have enough FXP. The price of free XP boats is set for people that have millions of FXP so they can use it. Every player shouldn't be able to get every boat the second it comes out, what would be the point of that? 

Some people need to accept that some boats are for top players, Stalingrad, and some are for long time players, FXP boats, and some are for "cash" players. 

If I could get every boat in a month, what would be the point in playing. Inflation on fake in game currency is a myth, it's supply and demand, WG has offered a boat that lots of people can get, but not everyone, that the way it is. 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,549 posts
32,109 battles

The best way to reduce FXP inflation is to give us more ways to spend FXP.  Give us more FXP ships.  There has been no FXP ships since Musashi and Kron were put in a year ago.  If WG would just release Alaska for FXP, alot of the FXP 'surplus' would be spent.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles

Maybe if WG introduce a separate containers along with the daily ones, but only obtainable with free xp so that we could get more than just 3 daily containers a day.

Members
2,255 posts
1 hour ago, Weezil said:

I have to disagree, as a for profit company WG shouldnt be expected to make the acquisition of anything easy for the free player, It's the paying players that make free play possible for others. It's the paying customer that usually gets the perq's in any business, as it should be.

So you are excluding XP converting players in your narrow vision. Free camo and flags that have big FXP multipliers are hard to come by. That's why people buy them. But it's ok to shaft free players too according to you.

People who spend a ton of money on the game are the ones rolling in FXP. Yet they are blind to the fact they will be needing to use more flags/camo's to pay for increased pricing. I guess people really do like being taken advantage of.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles
4 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

More choices would be nice. 

I wonder how much a Krasny Krym would be in free XP?

1. it would be 1 Free XP, and overpriced, at that. xD

Members
112 posts
8,720 battles
17 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

So you are excluding XP converting players in your narrow vision. Free camo and flags that have big FXP multipliers are hard to come by. That's why people buy them. But it's ok to shaft free players too according to you.

People who spend a ton of money on the game are the ones rolling in FXP. Yet they are blind to the fact they will be needing to use more flags/camo's to pay for increased pricing. I guess people really do like being taken advantage of.

No, im not excluding xp converting since i regularly convert it myself. Prices of everything go up over time, thats just the way it is, and no im not being taken advantage of because i have the option of  not consuming the product, and  as a free player you certainly are not being taken advantage of because you have put nothing into that which you enjoy. As i mentioned earlier, if not for those of us who open our wallets to the game you would have no game to play. Your welcome.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,477 posts
2,486 battles
26 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

1. it would be 1 Free XP, and overpriced, at that. xD

I would pay twice as much to never get it out of a super container or gift box.

Sign in to follow this