You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_LordAdmiralNelson_

USS Alaska Release Date

49 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,388 posts
10,928 battles

They said it will be  one million Free Experience and the release date will be soontm.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
41 minutes ago, _Goo_ said:

Not sure about the date but the price is 1 million free xp.

Wonder how much of a boost towards that the CV Rework will give me in free EXP.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,215 posts
5,381 battles
5 minutes ago, _LordAdmiralNelson_ said:

Ugh why so expensive 😩

Inflation!  Free Xp is easier to get now.

[WOLF9]
Members
797 posts
5,861 battles
18 minutes ago, _LordAdmiralNelson_ said:

Ugh why so expensive 😩

WG employed their own version of 'quantitative easing' in regards to FXP. It worked.

• Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,884 battles
10 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

Probably 8.0 release date to backfill the Kron and Mitsi.

I tend to agree.

I won't be able to acquire her on release as I will have depleted my Free XP on Snowflakes, but it will be the next target ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,357 posts
6,757 battles
3 minutes ago, _LordAdmiralNelson_ said:

What’s the deal with the snowflakes?

Play one winning battle with every tech tree ship in your port from T5 to T8 - get a handful of coal.

Premium ships T2 to T7 - get some coal.

TT ships at 9 and 10 and premiums at 8-10 get steel.

So people have been free-XPing their way up the line like crazy to get into the steel bracket.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,884 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So people have been free-XPing their way up the line like crazy to get into the steel bracket.

For me, I'm accumulating Free XP to get me over the line if I run out of time.  I'm actually fairly close finishing several grinds, I've just focused on Ship purchases vs Upgrades.  I'll likely be farming credits all Winter to outfit all these new ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,357 posts
6,757 battles
17 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I'll likely be farming credits all Winter to outfit all these new ships.

I have a  habit of finishing multiple grinds at once, which leaves me strapped for cash. As it is, I've ground up the entire French cruiser line up to reach T5 without even filling their upgrade slots, and I've taken Musashi into co-op in every single battle I've fought in her without any module slots either. I'm keeping a running tally of costs for every non-premium ship, and if you can stand to run the sub-T5's with their slots empty it's not hard to win their cost back.

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,884 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a  habit of finishing multiple grinds at once, which leaves me strapped for cash. As it is, I've ground up the entire French cruiser line up to reach T5 without even filling their upgrade slots, and I've taken Musashi into co-op in every single battle I've fought in her without any module slots either. I'm keeping a running tally of costs for every non-premium ship, and if you can stand to run the sub-T5's with their slots empty it's not hard to win their cost back.

I understand that.  I have been grinding all lines in parallel since I started playing.  I focused down a bit to push a few lines to Tier X so that I would have some exposure to all levels.  I had ground the USN BBs to Colorado, but I bought Alabama and Missouri.  I figured that was good enough.  Then I decided that I wanted Montana, so I had to grind through the silver Tier 8 & 9 ships.  (I was pleasantly surprise with Iowa.)

Normally, I use the Free XP to avoid the stock ships and then grind to the next ship.  Due to the nature of the current Event, I figured I get a better return on buying the ships.  Therefore, I'm deferring the Upgrade and improved Modules.  I did this with Grozovoi in the Anniversary window for the Supercontainer.  Not my normal plan, but another thousand Steel is a significant amount toward the next Steel ship (also the first for me as I haven't had enough to get any Steel ship before).

Several of these ships will see Co-op as I earn the coin to improve them.  I play most modes (no Clan Battles as that is not a priority for the Clan).

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
17 hours ago, _LordAdmiralNelson_ said:

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any insight on when the Alaska would arrive and how we would be able to get it in game? Would it be free xp or steel or coal? Thanks!

February 30th 2019. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,485 posts
9,597 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Really hope not! It would he a dearly missed opportunity for Alaska to swat down Japanese planes on Okinawa; even if tye map's been changed...

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
105 posts
4,259 battles
23 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Really hope not! It would he a dearly missed opportunity for Alaska to swat down Japanese planes on Okinawa; even if tye map's been changed...

I encourage you to check which day of the week February 30th falls on this year.  :Smile_veryhappy:

Abbye

• Funny 1

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
152 posts
4,662 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

you sir are very funny lol.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,347 posts
17,682 battles

Related image

The fun part is Azuma is already in the works to help counter Alaska :Smile_trollface:

But then again, 406mm+ Battleships are also a hard counter and more abundant as a threat to AK :Smile_glasses:

... To include Midway.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,485 posts
9,597 battles

Alaska will be fine dealing with the current Midway. Just needs to spec into BFT and fly the aa flag.

[TCMC]
Members
3 posts
7,112 battles
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, _LordAdmiralNelson_ said:

What’s the deal with the snowflakes?

They cry about everything, voted for Clinton, and eat tide pods.

• Funny 6
  • Boring 2