Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
richie_macrophage

Anyone like the Prince Fried Rice?

60 comments in this topic

[-WTP-]
Members
791 posts
3,677 battles

Reading LWM's review and studying the ship's characteristics, I was fairly confident with this ship and decided to pick it up and see how well it can do.

That was one massive mistake.

Other parts of the ship like maneuverability, armor, anti air, etc were all working fine and I didn't have a problem with it, but the accuracy of the guns is absolutely terrible. It's not uncommon to completely miss shots that any other tier 6 battleship could've hit. Hell, I could hit more shots using the Lyon, Gneisenau, and even some of the tier 3 battleships in the game.

This alone is already making me dislike this ship for the most part. I'd say, studying from battle results, that it's probably more of a brawling battlecruiser due to it's secondaries and the accuracy of the guns. Of course you shouldn't charge out into a cap zone unsupported, but better to get close whenever you have the opening or opportunity.

What do you guys think about it?

[DENY]
Members
657 posts
6,963 battles

My main problem so far is the broken ap shell or overpen , thinking putting ifhe and spam he since pen will be around 120mm with he ....

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
10,906 battles

I like it, but then again, I drive my battle-cruisers aggressively.

When I'm close enough to knock the enemy's bridge windows out with my gun barrels, I'm close enough.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[AAA]
Members
621 posts
7,137 battles

She works pretty good in t6 ranked. I put my GK captain in her and specs for 2nds. It brawls well. 

If uptiered it would struggle

• Cool 1

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
676 posts
3,111 battles

It's okay. It's fast and handles fairly well, and is relatively stealthy as tier 6 battleships go. The guns are comfortable to shoot but they lack punch unless you get really lucky and land a good solid penetrating volley. Basically the Fried Rice is best at punishing cruisers at mid-range and maybe taking the odd shot at a BB showing broadside, but it can't win a straight-up slugging match with a better-armed superdreadnought. In other words, exactly what you'd expect from a proper battlecruiser. As such, it feels about right.

Thanks to its secondaries and speed, it's also quite good at bullrushing DD smokes, as a Benson learned my first game out with it. :Smile_playing:

--Helms

[NDA]
Supertester
5,154 posts
15,313 battles

Its a glorified port slot.

I do not condone the selling of Premium ships. Just cause its not the greatest thing since the Belfast doesn't mean I won't earn it and put it in my moth ball fleet once I finish the mission that require it. But the temptation to sell some of these Premiums is strong. Good thing I don't need Port slots. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,004 posts

Typical T6 Battleship.  Each has it's 'niche'. 

Got the Secondary Expert medal.  Definitely does the job there at T6.  Funny thing is that the secondaries seem more accurate than the main guns at close range.

The AA is also pretty good.  Knocked down a few planes.

Not having a spotter/fighter is a problem, but the gun range is pretty far.

It can definitely punish US and IJN BBs.

Members
116 posts
4,368 battles

So far I have all of two games in her, but I like what I see so far. Maybe RNG just loved me tonight, but I thought the MB shell groupings were quite tight, and the secondaries seemed adequate. (I'm working towards LWM's secondary build with my captain, but only 10 points so far.) I can see her being very annoying to cruisers ala' Scharnhorst once she has a higher-point skipper.

Promising, I'd say. She's no brawler, but fun.:Smile_smile:

Members
350 posts
4,213 battles

Only 2 games here as well; one as top tier, the other was a tier 8 game.  Results were predictable - did well as top tier, suffered in the tier 8 match.  I think PEF will be fine in tier 6-7 matches, but at tier 8 is hopelessly outclassed.  I am not generally a fan of special MM for specific ships, but for PEF I would have no issue if they put her in the 5-7 bracket only... or even 6-7 only.  Speed is decent, guns are ok against softer targets, German dispersion does what it does.  Seems to eat a TON of damage from 150mm and up HE; thinking a survival build may be the way to go on PEF given the prevalence of HE spam these days.  Did not see a CV in either game so can't speak to the AA.  Looking forward to driving it some more before I pass anything resembling final judgement.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

PEF sucks. Even in co-op she struggles. I have not used her in a match with a carrier yet, but the gun dispersion if pretty awful and without torpedoes, I find the best course of action is just to ram and be done. I had  Pepsi broadside to my guns at close range, aimed midship close to the waterline and fired. I hit the Pepsi but several of my shells went OVER the ship...….. It was pretty sad.

Members
503 posts
6 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Basically the Fried Rice is best at punishing cruisers at mid-range and maybe taking the odd shot at a BB showing broadside, but it can't win a straight-up slugging match with a better-armed superdreadnought.

I concur. My favourite overall Tier 6 Battleship is hands down the Warspite. During the first leg of the Royal Navy Event, I managed to get lucky with the bonuses and earned three RN DDs, Acasta Icarus and Jervis, plus I earned the 220 Sovereigns needed to purchase Warspite without paying  a single dime. It was the best investment I ever did in this game. The ship is a monster at her tier, puts all other T6 Battleships including Bayern, Fuso, Mutsu, West Virginia, Arizona, New Mexico, and her tech tree sister Queen Elizabeth to shame. Guns are accurate as hell, powerful secondaries and shows no mercy to cruisers or destroyers. Like my clan mate said, her guns obliterate EVERYTHING. This is one of the reasons I won't be going for the PEF Missions. Warspite is the definition of a Superdreadnought, indeed one of the most powerful T6 Battleships. I'd like to see how she handles against the PEF. 

Edited by CaptainKiwi_2016
  • Cool 1

[OBB]
Members
62 posts
3,943 battles

My opinion is this boat is trash. The secondaries and AA are ok, but the accuracy sucks and the armor is poor. I thought it would hold up well, but mine is getting crapon in ranked. Playing it more to get used to it wont fix that fact im loosing huge chunks of health when hit. If im around 1/4 HP I can put money on the next BB salvo blows me out of the water. I giving money to WG for these ships makes me feel like the battered women. I know I shouldnt go back, but I always do.

Members
98 posts
4,018 battles

I'm assuming we're talking the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. 

What I don't get is, why go with a Mackensen class Battlecruiser which none were ever built. 

When they could have gone with the Derfflinger Class Battlecruiser, that fought in the Jutland? 

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
10,906 battles
2 hours ago, CorvetteKaptain67 said:

What I don't get is, why go with a Mackensen class Battlecruiser which none were ever built. 

When they could have gone with the Derfflinger Class Battlecruiser, that fought in the Jutland? 

No clue, but if we're lucky, there might be a German BB line split, with battlecruisers in one, and battleships in the other, without the baggage of dealing with Royal Navy battlecruisers.

• Cool 1

[13CLM]
Members
304 posts
1,913 battles

I have been player her as a cruiser hunter, so far so good.

Members
1,823 posts
9,743 battles
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, CorvetteKaptain67 said:

Hey

A very valid point.  Too bad too; since it's sounds like another under whelming, under performing Meh Bote, figures it would have to be German.  Had it been Russian,. it would probably be OP.

Pete

[TNG]
Members
73 posts
7,718 battles

The boat is a nightmare to play Same tier or bottom tier. t6 secondaries will never be a viable option because t6 and 25 mm bow, It just ant there. it has 8 of the smallest caliper guns at t6 yet the reload is only slightly better. Although the accuracy is one of the best on paper at t6 it doesn't show in game.  In 8 random games i have 13 % wr   33% accuracy and 35k avg damage. Its a BB and theirs no big learning curve with this ship to over come. I can only conclude this ship is under powered in both the Armor and Guns.

With 8 guns, questionable accuracy and small caliper ,this is not a viable cruiser hunter nor a viable DD killer. If you have no DD counter how can you possibly chase down cruisers?  

This is a shoot from the back, no carry, pray you hit something potato of a ship.  even an angled in fuso will wreck you with enough time.

The only thing good about this ship is you can make is immune to CVs. And seems to be the only logical build to go with

[UTWE]
Members
235 posts
3,208 battles

It's just an ugly version of Hood, 8 guns, good AA, fast traversing guns, fast (although Hood goes 3 knots faster), inaccurate guns, meh secondaries. The disadvantages of the PEF though are it doesn't compare even a little bit to Hood in looks, and... it's not British lol.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:10 PM, richie_macrophage said:

Reading LWM's review and studying the ship's characteristics, I was fairly confident with this ship and decided to pick it up and see how well it can do.

That was one massive mistake.

Other parts of the ship like maneuverability, armor, anti air, etc were all working fine and I didn't have a problem with it, but the accuracy of the guns is absolutely terrible. It's not uncommon to completely miss shots that any other tier 6 battleship could've hit. Hell, I could hit more shots using the Lyon, Gneisenau, and even some of the tier 3 battleships in the game.

This alone is already making me dislike this ship for the most part. I'd say, studying from battle results, that it's probably more of a brawling battlecruiser due to it's secondaries and the accuracy of the guns. Of course you shouldn't charge out into a cap zone unsupported, but better to get close whenever you have the opening or opportunity.

What do you guys think about it?

The 1st couple days with it the guns were fine accuracy wise. It was the damage that was lacking. BUT today OMG the dispersion has been horrendous and the shells fly everywhere. I mean it is bad. It's a T6 BB with just 8 small guns so I don't expect too much from it but man the guns need to at least be accurate.

I have found the AA to be less than hyped/advertised (it is ok/decent but not even close to the reviews) but the secondary guns are excellent. I abandoned the AA build and went secondary instead.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
Members
183 posts
4,861 battles

I got the PEF after I read Mousie's review... I knew fully what I was getting into, but I bought it anyways to get moving on the campaign.

BUT DANG... those guns... even though the range of the shells once they are fired is pretty good, the lateral dispersion is wonky as heck. The only way I can make them work (fairly) well is to close and try to ambush a cruiser and hope that my secondaries finish the job.

It's a real good looking ship, but after this event is over, I don't think I'll be taking it out much.

Sign in to follow this