Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MattttChris

It appears that Alaska and Wichita have been finalized

18 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
182 posts
8,550 battles

Hello all. Take this with a grain of salt, but it does appear that Wichita and Alaska have both been finalized.

The Alaska is more obvious, but Wichita is a surprise.

I believe they both have been finalized because their appropriate wiki pages have been edited and removed the "Ship is still being tested and all vital statistics are subject to change"

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Wichita

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Alaska

[ARGSY]
Members
10,195 posts
6,652 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Anything can change until the ship goes Live.

Cossack's very significant turret rotation and torpedo reload buffs are proof that it goes even beyond that.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Cossack's very significant turret rotation and torpedo reload buffs are proof that it goes even beyond that.

I still remember how the German DDs went Live.

I remember all the CCs talking about them.  A very common misgiving was their lack of Stealth Fire ability compared to how USN & IJN DDs had, including an infamous Stealth Fire Premium DD:  Blyskawica!  Right out of the box!

CCs had all their final WiP videos out, the German DD Line was about to go Live.

Then WG at the very last minute pops out a significant change to go with the same update that changed EVERYTHING!  The removal of Stealth Fire would go Live the same update German DDs do!

WG:  "German Destroyers will not have a Stealth Fire problem if no other ship can Stealth Fire!" :Smile_veryhappy:

[YORHA]
Members
4,016 posts
6,982 battles

Wichita = Mystery Ship in Arsenal.  For Steel.

Book it.  Done.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
10 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Book it.  Done.

I suspect it's probably Azuma.  

Edited by mavfin87

[ARP3]
Members
578 posts
11,919 battles
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Or Stalingrad 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,527 battles
18 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Book it.  Done.

I would loose my S@#$ if this this happens I have wanted this ship since day one of playing. 

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
912 posts
8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

The pic actually looks like Wichita, but I cant see it being for steel. 

My bet is also on Azuma.

[KP]
Members
306 posts
202 battles
28 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I still remember how the German DDs went Live.

I remember all the CCs talking about them.  A very common misgiving was their lack of Stealth Fire ability compared to how USN & IJN DDs had, including an infamous Stealth Fire Premium DD:  Blyskawica!  Right out of the box!

CCs had all their final WiP videos out, the German DD Line was about to go Live.

Then WG at the very last minute pops out a significant change to go with the same update that changed EVERYTHING!  The removal of Stealth Fire would go Live the same update German DDs do!

WG:  "German Destroyers will not have a Stealth Fire problem if no other ship can Stealth Fire!" :Smile_veryhappy:

Dude really? It's taken me two years to get over that. There you go bringing it up.

:)

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
575 posts
2,723 battles

The Azuma was just handed out to testers for a 20-day period of testing, so probably not. Unless "soon" means 20+ days from now.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
Just now, Krautjaeger said:

The Azuma was just handed out to testers for a 20-day period of testing, so probably not. Unless "soon" means 20+ days from now.

Well, 0.8.0 is out in about five weeks, and the patch after that would make it two months...

[WOLFG]
Members
4,419 posts
2,416 battles
2 hours ago, Krautjaeger said:

You do know how long "soon" can be around here?

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,215 posts
5,381 battles
2 hours ago, Krautjaeger said:

That is well within the SoonTM of this game.  I highly doubt Wichita will be for steel, as she has no special about her game wise to warrant that.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11C4O said:

Dude really? It's taken me two years to get over that. There you go bringing it up.

:)

I remember it vividly because WG has never fundamentally altered the game for the sake of a single ship line's release.  Except for German DDs.  And the removal of Stealth Fire was a YOOOOOGE deal!

RN CLs brought Smoke + RN CL AP.

RN BBs brought their trademark HE.

PADDs brought DWTs.

French Cruisers are the first Cruisers with Engine Boost.

French BBs are the first BBs with Engine Boost.

RN DDs got Hydro and their very funky smoke that no other DD Line has.

But none of these lines got other already existing ship lines to lose core gameplay aspects!  Only German DDs because they had so much trouble in development! :Smile_veryhappy:

Before that update, we had Stealth Firing Blyskawica.

USN / IJN DDs taking CE + AFT so they could Stealth Fire and supplement their damage.

Ibuki and Zao had awesome Stealth Fire windows.  IMO, Zao was the Stealth Fire Queen and probably a big reason why people wanted Stealth Fire gone.  She was d*mn good at it.

Etc.

They all lost it for the sake of German DDs :Smile_trollface:

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
3 hours ago, Happy668 said:

if WG want to sell us for 1m FXP, they better make Alaska exceptional lol

Damn right! For that much FXP Alaska had better be a tier9 cousin to Stalingrad. As much as I'm interested in Alaska, (I couldn't care less about Witcita) I'm going to wait a short while after she's released and see how good she is before I drop 1 mil FXP on her.

Would'nt it be a kick in the nutz if WG releases this much anticipated ship as a pile of garbage?

• Angry 1

Sign in to follow this