You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Should The Requirements Be Reduced?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should It Be Reduced?

• Yes
    • No

58 comments in this topic

[-PVE-]
Members
247 posts
12,900 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Unfortunately many of the other missions require wins and since average players will only win 50% of the time in PvP, best to stay in PvE to do them....

As I said, the easier OPs are the way to go. Wins are super easy in Dynamo and Cherry Blossom. Grind those and kill two birds with one stone. Finish the missions that require wins and the credit missions. If you are a co-op or an average/below average player, avoid PvP even though the earnings are better. You are not advancing everything at once to minimize the grind.

Do you know for sure that Operations are allowed for this directive?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
22,132 battles

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Taylor, the value, the price of anything is determined by what people are willing to pay.  You may not be willing to pay, but clearly more than enough are and WG notices this and sets their prices accordingly.  This is really very simple Econ 101 stuff.  Time to get that Economics edumacation.  

Oh no doubt. I believe in the free market, don't get me wrong. But as a consumer who has spent time and money on the game, I have a place at the table to let Wargaming know what I think of their pricing. That is also economics 101, my education is just fine.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
22,132 battles
20 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

Crap I didn't check honestly. I surely hope so.

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
19,131 battles
1 hour ago, Mykawa said:

Yes, you can click on the 'locked stages' and the individual directives.

Clearly states scenarios are included.  I checked this as this is how I intend to finish this one.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,711 battles
14 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

There has been enough attention directed to the title matter that I feel like making a poll for it to gauge the reaction of the player base.

In any case, do you believe the 4 million silver per nation missions should have their completion requirements reduced?

For this thread, I am not offering my personal opinion on the matter.

YES! 4 million credits for EACH of SIX nations is way too much = 24 Million.  4 Million in total requiring games played in ships of 6 nations would be more reasonable or something like 1 Million per each of the 6 nations so 6 million in total. But 24 Million credits = wow.

Thank god they are using PEF to cover 5 nations so every game in it SHOULD tally for 5 nations; and I have it already. So I only have to earn 8 million credits in total. But even 8 million is a lot for a Co-op player. I am lucky again though and have Missouri and I regularly earn 700K to 1 Million a game in it. So PEF will cover 5 of the required nations for me (still a lot of games for a T6 in Co-op to earn 4 Mill even if Premium) and then Missouri will cover the final nation.

When I heard about the final requirement/task I was like what???? It is really excessive. I know it is a free T6 Premium worth $33 USD and all so we have to work for it but again = excessive.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,711 battles
8 hours ago, Cooper_Capt said:

Has it been confirmed there are 6 missions to complete in part four?  Could it be 3 missions?   Who can tell us?

4 Million credits x 6 nations would be 24 million credits.   in 12 days?        4 weeks of grinding for 1 battleship and a few flags?   

Just open the PEF event icon in port and look at the final stage. You can see for yourself.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,711 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have to admit, a bit put off by the sheer amount of grinding required to get 4 million credits six times is. Said it before, going to repeat it here. Wargaming has little regard for us players. The amount of time required to get some of this kind of grind done is unconscionable. The amount of money they charge for their products is unreasonably high. Wargaming shows it's contempt of the players with crap like this and treats the player base as nothing more than cows that can be milked for time and money. It is little wonder that when they do something the players do not like, that we come down on them like a buzzard on roadkill. Many of us have no goodwill towards Wargaming or it's people. Git Gud Wargaming.

I don't think they have contempt for us as much as I believe they just don't take the time to think things through from our perspective. A business needs to (should) come at their product from the perspective of the customer not from their perspective/view point. That is what will make it successful. Not trying to force the customers into what you think/want. WG/WOWS struggles with this mightily.

Everything I have seen of those who work at WG shows me they are young people (20's and 30's). The player base is older on average 40-60. That is a HUGE difference in culture, priorities, values, etc... They struggle to balance game play requirements the same as they struggle to balance ships. I don't think it is malicious or because they think little of their players (they shouldn't if they do as we keep the lights on). 

For them this game is their job and time spent on it is important so what they think is reasonable time invested to earn a free bobble may very well be, and usually is, seen as excessive and ridiculous by the players. For us it is just entertainment and a game; something we spend free time on when we can and not at the expense of IRL. They may think that kind of time is reasonable and even easy but for the players, who have lives outside of WG and WOWS, that is a LOT of time invested. Even for those like me who play daily and play a lot. It's off putting to say the least.

I do think they have as of late started to try and milk us for every last cent as you say. I understand that is capitalism and all but even as a whale in the game I am getting a bit fed up with the constant cash grab and content increase in price/reduction in content quality and quantity. I think they have been testing the waters to see just how far they can go towards the profit side without alienating the players and thus actually losing money (many more sales of slightly cheaper stuff will make more than fewer sales of high cost stuff). They have reached that point IMO. Time to reign prices in and bump content a bit.

I don't think they are bad folks I just think the majority of them at WG making these game decisions are young with a totally different perspective and vaue system than the player base. That always leads to strife and discord. 

WOWS Player Base = :cap_old: get off my grass you punks

WG/WOWS employees = :cap_like:chill gramps it's all good

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,273 battles
9 hours ago, Cooper_Capt said:

Has it been confirmed there are 6 missions to complete in part four?  Could it be 3 missions?   Who can tell us?

4 Million credits x 6 nations would be 24 million credits.   in 12 days?        4 weeks of grinding for 1 battleship and a few flags?   

Get out your Hydra flags.

[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts

there is nothing wrong with WG incentivising potential purchasers of PEF buy by making it able to contribute to 5 nations, 4 of which have a limited number of ships, for people wanting to avoid the grind, and for the PvE crowed there is operations.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,711 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Get out your Hydra flags.

Hydra flags don't boost credits. They boost XP/Capt XP/FXP.

To boost credits you want...

• Zulu = +20%
  • Leviathan = +20% (also +50% XP/+100% Capt XP/+200% FXP = best flag in game)
  • Scylla = +25% (also +50% XP/+150% Capt XP)
  • Basilisk = +30% (also +75% XP)
  • Wyvern = +50%

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

No... players are already getting a free premium ship and they want it to be easy? 

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,711 battles
1 minute ago, Xlap said:

No... players are already getting a free premium ship and they want it to be easy? 

Easy = no

Reasonable and doable for most (time constraint) = yes

• Cool 3

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Easy = no

Reasonable and doable for most (time constraint) = yes

Its not that hard, save all your flags and camos with economic bonus, put it into your highest tier ship of "x" nation (even better if you have a premium ship) and play. If you phave good games even better.

And how much would be "Reasonable and doable for most"? There will always be players that need even more help. 

Members
1,257 posts
7,142 battles
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

When that last tier comes up, we'd have about 2 weeks to complete it.  It's a lot of credits and not just for the nations.  The ease of this will vary greatly between players.  I remember some thought, "Dur hurr, this guy has Missouri he'll easily do it!"  Except Missouri counts for only one part, the USA portion.

If it sounds like it's a lot to handle and inconvenient, it is.  Because that's how the last 2 events at this time of the year were for their free ships.  First was Graf Spee and the second was Duke of York.  The intent of the campaign was to get you to buy the ship if you couldn't handle the grind in a limited span.

Again, some will do this just fine, especially if you do PVP where the payouts are substantial for good to great games.  If you're not doing PVP, then you better be real smart with your time.  Some Operations will help.

I got both the Graf Spee and the Duke of York for free and this is by far the most obnoxious campaign. Part 4 is particularly bad since it eliminates what should be a great strength of the directive format (the ability to work on every task simultaneously). Every year it gets worse but this is over the top. 

I also enjoy how WG is running a T6 Ranked Sprint while having a number of directives that are T7+. Really shows the right amount of contempt for your players. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
18,294 posts
12,750 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

YES! 4 million credits for EACH of SIX nations is way too much = 24 Million.  4 Million in total requiring games played in ships of 6 nations would be more reasonable or something like 1 Million per each of the 6 nations so 6 million in total. But 24 Million credits = wow.

That was what made me recoil in horror when I found out. The PTS variant was 100K credits each, which was way too low, and I figured somewhere between one million and 1.5M, which was what they used to ask out of every first directive of every stage in the latter part of the RN event. One of those a night across six nights plus a night to tidy up is fine for anyone who's been in the game even as long as I have (a year) and has built up a diverse fleet at even mid (5-7) tier. It was what they asked for as part of the grind for a T8 ship; it seems reasonable for T6 with goodies attached.

Four million is just obscene, and I can't see any of the free-to-play crowd finishing this unless they are on school or university holidays and have all the time in the world to pound it out. 

Yes, I could buy the ship to make it easier and my wallet wouldn't even feel it. But there's a principle I'm going to uphold here, and I'm going to keep my wallet away from this ship in solidarity with the FTPs who, like me, have families and responsibilities aside from gameplay and simply won't be able to do it.

I think you're right, I think this is an honest blunder on WG's part, but I also think they should address it while they've still got a couple of weeks up their sleeves to tone it down. Two million. Two million would be acceptable. I know there's also a lot of steel attached to this ship, which might account for the rather nasty final stage (and tying that in might also have been a mess of unintended consequences) but still. Wow.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
22,132 battles

I don't think they have contempt for us as much as I believe they just don't take the time to think things through from our perspective. A business needs to (should) come at their product from the perspective of the customer not from their perspective/view point. That is what will make it successful. Not trying to force the customers into what you think/want. WG/WOWS struggles with this mightily.

I wrote something then took it down. It just does not matter.

Edited by Taylor3006

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,273 battles

Hydra flags don't boost credits. They boost XP/Capt XP/FXP.

To boost credits you want...

• Zulu = +20%
  • Leviathan = +20% (also +50% XP/+100% Capt XP/+200% FXP = best flag in game)
  • Scylla = +25% (also +50% XP/+150% Capt XP)
  • Basilisk = +30% (also +75% XP)
  • Wyvern = +50%

Sorry, you're right.  Was thinking of the Wyvern type.

[NOG]
Members
134 posts
9,559 battles

Well. since LWM gave the ship a "Meh" grade in the review i will grind it instead of an outright purchase as i was going to, and even then with not much urgency.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,035 posts
7,286 battles

*Enters thread doing the walk of shame*

I saw that grind and decided to purchase the PEF outright.  I will get the doubloon value for her at the end, right?  I will also be able to do the campaign to get the tier 6 regular ships.  I have all of them except the IJN dd so I should get the credit value for the others, right?  I will also get to do the steel mission that is for her, right?  I won't get a steel ship, but steel converts to coal and that will help me get the Salem or the Jean Bart.  Or the Salem.

*hangs head in shame and exits stage left*

• Funny 1

[CSWLN]
[CSWLN]
Members
21 posts
10,510 battles

What to say....4m Credits will not be hard for the main line nations, but all of the niche' lines it will be a time suck. If you look back at the % of players that have T8+ ships from the snowflake discussions you can do the math that most players are going to have to purchase the PEF to be able to complete this. So I wonder how many players are going to get to 4th directive and go "MF, there is no way I can to this. I have put 40 hours into this so I might as well buy the PEF to finish this."

Interesting marketing, but I have to say I will support WG by making purchases. Coming from games like Mobile Strike where there was [edited] support and zero community with the requirement to spend $100 a week to remain relevant. WG has a good balance of pay to play and free games. My hope is that WG will not end up in the same place as Mobile Strike and still keep good options for free play so players can [edited] about spending $5 on a game.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,294 posts
12,750 battles
19 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I saw that grind and decided to purchase the PEF outright.

Your money, your call. Enjoy her and everything that comes with her. :Smile_great:

(Bear in mind that this week's op is T6, so put in a captain you want trained, mount your flags and go for broke while you've got the XP bonuses. Then run her in Ranked Sprint while you're waiting for the Operations timer cooldown.)

I'd pay for her if I really, desperately needed a Mackensen-class battlecruiser in my life, but I don't. I buy ships when they do something for me that nothing already in my port does all that well. Otherwise I try to win them, and I won't be winning this one.

I promised myself that 2018 would be my year to go out there and win everything I possibly can. I've walked away with a heck of a lot but it's time to get off the treadmill, and 4 million credits x 6 is more treadmill than this fatigued hamster can handle in the time he's got available for WOWS. My time with this game is better focused elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, _Rabbitdave said:

I have to say I will support WG by making purchases.

Concur. If they offer me something I need, I'll cough up money for it. I'm not going on one of these "MY WALLET IS CLOSED TO YOU FOREVER!" rants just because they've done one thing that annoys me (and let's face it, they have annoyed me). 

• Cool 2

[AFW-]
Members
131 posts
6,940 battles

Chill, YOU PROBALY ONLY HAVE TO GET 6 DIRECTIVES TO GET PEF

Edited by dabears494
  • Meh 1

Members
251 posts
7,968 battles

In co-op, I have almost 98% win rate and will soon have a Tier IX ship, and assorted Tier V-VII ships.

In PvP, I'd say I am about Tier IV skill level and am 52% win rate in the 40 games I played.  If I ever decide to play PvP I will start there and work my way up, even if I have the high tier ships.

I do not think it would be fair to my teammates to jump in at Tier IX or Tier VII PvP match, or even Tier V.  So co-op is the only option.  At about 40K per battle, that is 100 battles X 6.  I have 300 20% flags, so that is about 540 battles.

So, while technically possible, I would say realistically this ship is not available to most co-op players using this mission.

Edited by CommodorePerryIPA

[--K--]
Members
6,632 posts
14,449 battles

We need credits to buy back t9 ships. They could have increased it and it wouldn't bother me.