You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Should The Requirements Be Reduced?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should It Be Reduced?

• Yes
    • No

58 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,959 posts
7,014 battles

There has been enough attention directed to the title matter that I feel like making a poll for it to gauge the reaction of the player base.

In any case, do you believe the 4 million silver per nation missions should have their completion requirements reduced?

For this thread, I am not offering my personal opinion on the matter.

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

4M credits is way too much IMO. Cutting it to 1M or 2M would be better.

Unless, there is something planned for Jan 9th to Jan 22nd that will boost credits? Hopefully there will be if they do not cut the amount needed.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,811 posts
4,180 battles

Question:  AFAIK, the main purpose of completing the 4th Directive is to obtain PEF (or DBs).   Is there some other reason to complete it?

[WOLF3]
Members
19,318 posts
17,665 battles

When that last tier comes up, we'd have about 2 weeks to complete it.  It's a lot of credits and not just for the nations.  The ease of this will vary greatly between players.  I remember some thought, "Dur hurr, this guy has Missouri he'll easily do it!"  Except Missouri counts for only one part, the USA portion.

If it sounds like it's a lot to handle and inconvenient, it is.  Because that's how the last 2 events at this time of the year were for their free ships.  First was Graf Spee and the second was Duke of York.  The intent of the campaign was to get you to buy the ship if you couldn't handle the grind in a limited span.

Again, some will do this just fine, especially if you do PVP where the payouts are substantial for good to great games.  If you're not doing PVP, then you better be real smart with your time.  Some Operations will help.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,959 posts
7,014 battles
45 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Question:  AFAIK, the main purpose of completing the 4th Directive is to obtain PEF (or DBs).   Is there some other reason to complete it?

Buying PEF gives steel for completing the campaign, and each individual 4 million silver mission gives 400k silver, IIRC

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Buying PEF gives steel for completing the campaign, and each individual 4 million silver mission gives 400k silver, IIRC

Just what we need after doing the credit mission, more credits...

[WOLFB]
Members
2,566 posts
10,447 battles

4 million per nation ? How am I supposed to do that as a player who almost never touch US ship and doesn't have a single Pan Asia ship ?  That's stupid.

Hopefully there are other mission to do. I just hope they will not be as bad as this one. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,405 posts

WG has been playing this same game for years on xmas. Duck of yuck was the same way, last stage, so absurdly grindy that I didn't even bother....

[STW-M]
Members
2,959 posts
7,014 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

WG has been playing this same game for years on xmas. Duck of yuck was the same way, last stage, so absurdly grindy that I didn't even bother....

It certainly seems to have gotten worse from last year and the DOY campaign, I'd say.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

You can do the US bit, then do 5-6 nations at once running the PFE.  That's about 40 Coop battles in the PFE, 8-12 in the Misso, and I think that's all you need to do.

[SOL-B]
Members
217 posts
7,559 battles

Has it been confirmed there are 6 missions to complete in part four?  Could it be 3 missions?   Who can tell us?

4 Million credits x 6 nations would be 24 million credits.   in 12 days?        4 weeks of grinding for 1 battleship and a few flags?   

Edited by Cooper_Capt
  • Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,959 posts
7,014 battles
2 minutes ago, Cooper_Capt said:

Has it been confirmed there are 6 missions in part four?  Could it be 3 missions?   Who can tell us?

4 Million credits x 6 nations would be 24 million credits.   in 12 days?        4 weeks of grinding for 1 battleship and a few flags?   

According to Kizarvexis's PSA, there is a 4 million silver mission for 11 nations: USA, USSR, UK, Germany, Japan, Pan-Asian, France, Italy/PEF, Poland/PEF, Commonwealth/PEF, and Pan-American/PEF.

You must complete 6 of the 11 missions to earn PEF. The directives are available from January 9 to early morning January 22, so about 11 days or so. Along with the PEF, a port slot, and a 3 pt commander, there is also 500 steel.

[SALVO]
Members
20,139 posts
19,989 battles
3 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

4 million per nation ? How am I supposed to do that as a player who almost never touch US ship and doesn't have a single Pan Asia ship ?  That's stupid.

Hopefully there are other mission to do. I just hope they will not be as bad as this one. 

There are 11 different nations, from which you only need to complete 6.  Run some signal flags that boost credit earning.  Also, there are some camos that increase credit earning.  Don't try to do this in coop, since the earnings are too low.  Play randoms or Operations.  You can also do it in ranked and clan battles.  All four of these have better credit earning potential than coop.

Members
613 posts
7,177 battles

I'm cool with things as they are.  I don't want another BB anyway since I really don't like them and will basically be ignoring this credit grind.. 
A prem cruiser I might try grinding for but another BB?  No thanks.  Have fun y'all.

[SYN]
Members
3,371 posts
16,209 battles

Being conservative you can easily earn 500,000 credits per game, so that's 8 games per nation. So it's not that hard a task if you spend a little time playing.

And let's face it if you stack camos & flags it's not unreasonable to expect returns in the region of 750k to 1mill

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,191 battles
3 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Being conservative you can easily earn 500,000 credits per game, so that's 8 games per nation. So it's not that hard a task if you spend a little time playing.

And let's face it if you stack camos & flags it's not unreasonable to expect returns in the region of 750k to 1mill

I expect good players can playing PvP on a win. I average around 50-75k playing co-op with tier 5-7s. Tier 8 and 9s are pretty much a loss of credits save a few ships.  I can use MO and bring in 250k easily. Course that is one ship from one nation...

Luckily Dynamo and Cherry Blossom are in the queue and you can grind out tons of credits there.

Edited by Taylor3006

[SYN]
Members
3,371 posts
16,209 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I expect good players can playing PvP on a win. I average around 50-75k playing co-op with tier 5-7s. Tier 8 and 9s are pretty much a loss of credits save a few ships.  I can use MO and bring in 250k easily. Course that is one ship from one nation...

Luckily Dynamo and Cherry Blossom are in the queue and you can grind out tons of credits there.

Unfortunately co-op economics make it a lot harder to achieve it there.

As you allude to if you focus on the most beneficial game types you can minimise the grind.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,191 battles
6 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

As you allude to if you focus on the most beneficial game types you can minimise the grind.

Unfortunately many of the other missions require wins and since average players will only win 50% of the time in PvP, best to stay in PvE to do them....

As I said, the easier OPs are the way to go. Wins are super easy in Dynamo and Cherry Blossom. Grind those and kill two birds with one stone. Finish the missions that require wins and the credit missions. If you are a co-op or an average/below average player, avoid PvP even though the earnings are better. You are not advancing everything at once to minimize the grind.

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
1,441 posts
8,267 battles

looks like i will be playing a crap ton of Mo, Mu, Lo Yang, Warspite/DoY, Kron, and either lots of Bismark/FdG games or ill have to decide to buy the scharn/tirp via doubloons.   I guess i can always get JB, which with the new coupon and all this new coal i could probably have by then. 

Still, i agree that 4 mil seems a bit much, and the requirement to have 6 different nations worth of ships is a bit much for most players.  They should of gone with 6 nations with 1-2 mil credits each, or gone with 2-3 nations with 4mil.

[SALVO]
Members
20,139 posts
19,989 battles
On 12/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, Taylor3006 said:

[Hidden]

Taylor, the value, the price of anything is determined by what people are willing to pay.  You may not be willing to pay, but clearly more than enough are and WG notices this and sets their prices accordingly.  This is really very simple Econ 101 stuff.  

[SALVO]
Members
20,139 posts
19,989 battles
8 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

looks like i will be playing a crap ton of Mo, Mu, Lo Yang, Warspite/DoY, Kron, and either lots of Bismark/FdG games or ill have to decide to buy the scharn/tirp via doubloons.   I guess i can always get JB, which with the new coupon and all this new coal i could probably have by then. 

Still, i agree that 4 mil seems a bit much, and the requirement to have 6 different nations worth of ships is a bit much for most players.  They should of gone with 6 nations with 1-2 mil credits each, or gone with 2-3 nations with 4mil.

They're giving you a chance to earn a roughly $32-33 premium ship for nothing but some time and effort.  Exactly why should they make it easy?

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
4 hours ago, awiggin said:

If I complete that grind, fine. If I don't complete it, that's fine too. There's nothing at the end of this campaign that I'm going to regret not getting if I don't complete it.

I play this game to have fun and grinds are no fun to me.

• Cool 1

Members
1,441 posts
8,267 battles
33 minutes ago, Crucis said:

They're giving you a chance to earn a roughly $32-33 premium ship for nothing but some time and effort.  Exactly why should they make it easy?

i dont agree with knocking the credits or missions required down to get it down making it "easy".(easier yes, easy no)  Doing what i said above is still a massive time sink and effort, and that is just the 4th stage.  The above is just making it more acceptable imo.  unless someone spent a crap ton of hours in the game working up 6 lines,  combo prem ships and lines, or are whales, most people wont even have the ships to do the missions, let alone get the credits before it goes away. There are a fair amount of people who are content with just playing 1 or 2 nations ships, and will never have a shot at it despite putting a lot of time and effort into the game.      Making it easy is what the HMS dreadnought is, where you just have to log on and play 3 battles a day(easy to do in coop in 30 min or less) and occasionally play a few more matches to get the last 9 daily  missions required. 

I dont recall last years campaign to get the Duke of crapbeing this much of a time sink or requiring that much effort compared to this.  That was a higher tier ship, and costs more than this does.(and not a good ship)

i guess making the Ship very hard to gain is one way in trying to get people to just buy the ship, and not waste what i would assume is going to be A LOT of time in the last stage.  hopefully you have premium time to knock down the amount of games required for each nation. 

and to be clear, unless i am burnt out of the game or something comes up, i will more than likely get the ship nonetheless so i am not saying the above because i wont be able to get it.  It is just a matter of do i want to put the time into getting it.  I will want to make one point tho, grinds like are what burn people out.  unless they have something really enticing to play for in the following patch, i can see myself not playing as much for a while.    i can feel the fatigue after several months of the RN event.  not to mention what will be a chaotic time with the CV rework hitting live servers. 

• Cool 1