Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Well, now I really have seen everything, lol.

3 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,703 posts

Just got out of a match in Katori- and Katori sank a South Carolina-

With it's secondarys.

That's right, that ONE freaking turret landed 3 hits and killed a BB.   I almost died laughing!

It was on Strait, and we got a 4x4 even split this time.   On my side were Katori; Waka Chaka; Itchy-scratchy; and a Bellend.    Reds had same, except they got the So-Cal instead of the Itchy.   Our Waka dropped theirs with torps, then went after the red Katori.  He missed his torps- the Katori did not.

The South red Waka decided to charge the North cap for some reason, and ran into one of my torps.   He then repeatedly rammed my HE shells with his ship until he blew up.  Kill #1.

Then I concentrated on the Red Katori, to remove the only other torpedo armed ship from the fight.   Apparently, he enjoyed eating my HE and burning as much as his fleetmate in the Waka Chaka did, and quickly burned to a cinder.  Kill #2.

By now, the red Bellend was chasing our Itchy-Scratchy around the far side of the map, so it was just me and our Bellerophon vs the So-Cal.

With both of us pounding on him, he didn't last long.   When he got down to 3k or so hp, I quit firing- I figured to leave him to Bellerophon, who was right on top of him.

I forgot about that single twin 5" turret Katori has.   It kept banging away, until POW!  Kill #3.

As slow as this pig is, it sure can be fun to play sometimes.

Next up, Yubari!

[NDA]
Supertester
5,150 posts
15,301 battles

I once saw a Captain with a Close Quarters Expert medal with their Kiev. Its surprising how deadly those little gunners can be. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,061 posts
19,467 battles
26 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I forgot about that single twin 5" turret Katori has.   It kept banging away, until POW!  Kill #3.

As slow as this pig is, it sure can be fun to play sometimes.

Next up, Yubari!

Even a Katori can kite when the one chasing is another pig like a Nassau, (something that I did.)

All those supposedly ‘bad’ low tier cruisers can be mean in the right hands. I did 40k+ in Varyag the first time I used it, and all I’d ever heard was that it was just a worse Bogatyr.

Sign in to follow this