Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

Krasny Krym Captains build... Can someone share theirs?!?!

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
198 posts
3,733 battles

Hey guys...    

I got the Krispy Kreme with a 10 pt Captain out of crate.  I was wondering if someone would mind sharing their 10 point captain build with me?     I checked out the one on Little White Mouse's  page, and it's from 2016 and a few changes have been made since then.  Nothing major but a few.  

 

Thanks in advance for any help!!  

Jack !! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

Pretty typical cruiser captain skills for me for the first 10 points:

Capture.thumb.JPG.1f24a8a812d41e4322099dc8b02b8f70.JPG...

Edited by delp5117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717
[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, JackG79 said:

Hey guys...    

I got the Krispy Kreme with a 10 pt Captain out of crate.  I was wondering if someone would mind sharing their 10 point captain build with me?     I checked out the one on Little White Mouse's  page, and it's from 2016 and a few changes have been made since then.  Nothing major but a few.  

 

Thanks in advance for any help!!  

Jack !! 

 

My permanent Svietlana Cmdr will be spec'd for Krasny Krym as a well.  PT, LS, BFT, (CE, AFT, IFHE, PM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

Do ppl even play the krispy kreme?

Got one in a crate too. :Smile_facepalm: Pretty much the only ship there that I really didn't want (strangely it was not one of the ships shown in the banner add for the crates) . Took it out a few times and was NOT impressed. Might have to play it again for Snowflake. Probably be a future source of some credits, a 10pt Russian captain and a port slot. Does it have any draw vs ANY other cruiser in its tier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
631 posts
4,090 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Got one in a crate too. :Smile_facepalm: Pretty much the only ship there that I really didn't want (strangely it was not one of the ships shown in the banner add for the crates) . Took it out a few times and was NOT impressed. Might have to play it again for Snowflake. Probably be a future source of some credits, a 10pt Russian captain and a port slot. Does it have any draw vs ANY other cruiser in its tier?

From what ive seens shes the only premium ship that is entirely worse than every other tech tree ship of the same tier and class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[WOLFC]
Members
1,116 posts
8,647 battles

Gimp the leg, shot to the head, blind one eye, rope around the neck, ... sorry, couldn't resist. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,150
[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles
21 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

Do ppl even play the krispy kreme?

I seen some guys cycling theirs for Snowflakes in Co-op.  I made the mistake of buying one also when she first came out :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
25 minutes ago, JackG79 said:

Hey guys...    

I got the Krispy Kreme with a 10 pt Captain out of crate.  I was wondering if someone would mind sharing their 10 point captain build with me?     I checked out the one on Little White Mouse's  page, and it's from 2016 and a few changes have been made since then.  Nothing major but a few.  

 

Thanks in advance for any help!!  

Jack !! 

 

Never train a captain to a premium ship.  Find where he will or may go and train for that.  Why?  It doesn't matter what you do with your Captain in the KK... it's going to blow no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[-BUI-]
Members
861 posts
2,844 battles

Every time you think about playing this ship, stop, find a mirror, look at yourself, and slap yourself in the face as hard as you can as say "NO!".

You'll thank me eventually.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
179 posts
6,693 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

From what ive seens shes the only premium ship that is entirely worse than every other tech tree ship of the same tier and class

I actually really like the ship. With BFT and AFT, it has very good DPM and hits out to 16.8 km. It's sort of like a tier 5 Atlanta minus radar, but with more staying power, better guns and much longer range. I've had it for a couple years and break it out every once in a while. It was a beast in ranked, btw. I used it almost exclusively and sailed right through. 

In Ranked:

Battles: 11
Win Rate: 82%
Avg Dmg: 74,386
Avg Kills: 1.5
Kill Ratio: 4.5

As for the OP asking about the build, I run a commander with:

PT
EM AR (EM is optional here, but I like dodging and weaving and getting the guns on target quicker helps)
BFT DE
AFT CE

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
198 posts
3,733 battles
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Never train a captain to a premium ship.  Find where he will or may go and train for that.  Why?  It doesn't matter what you do with your Captain in the KK... it's going to blow no matter what.

Yeah... that makes sense.  IDK why the Capt.  Train/Retrain system confuses me so much after coming from World of Tanks.  But I really should have just trained him for the Svetlana as they are basically the same bote, and I have her in the port with like a 4 point captain or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[BOTO]
Members
355 posts
9,349 battles

I went with PT, AR, BFT, and CE.  She's tough to play even if you're top tier.  The one random I played in her.....I was bottom tier of course.  Luckily the other team sucked, got the win, 45k damage and killed a couple of DDs.  She's basically a port queen for me.  Luckily I didn't buy her, got her in a Santa crate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles
19 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

From what ive seens shes the only premium ship that is entirely worse than every other tech tree ship of the same tier and class

Mikasa could have that "honor" too, but it is also the best T2 BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
198 posts
3,733 battles

Def. one of the ships I did't want... .the real kick in the balls??!?!?  i got it once in a 5 create bundle, and again a few days later. in a 2nd 5 crate bundle.   Kinda like the Tanks.  Ive gotten the M4 improved 2 times and the KV-220 twice all  in one 20 crates shot.  They obv. just throw all the crap at the top of the RNG Bundle List. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
29 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Gimp the leg, shot to the head, blind one eye, rope around the neck, ... sorry, couldn't resist. :Smile_trollface:

Goes by the name of Lucky!:Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,354
[NDA]
Supertester
5,149 posts
15,295 battles
29 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Every time you think about playing this ship, stop, find a mirror, look at yourself, and slap yourself in the face as hard as you can as say "NO!".

You'll thank me eventually.

I got a Krispy Krym from a TYL Super Container a few months back. One of the first games in it I landed 140+ HE shells, started ONE fire and only did about 20k in damage. Ship is bad in anything over a T5 match that isn't Coop. I've moth balled this failure of navel engineering, with a bag over its head so it doesn't embarrass the rest of the fleet. It should be glad I have a strict Don't Sell Premium Ships policy or this boat would be turned into scrap and a port slot. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,948
[ARGSY]
Members
10,200 posts
6,652 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

From what ive seens shes the only premium ship that is entirely worse than every other tech tree ship of the same tier and class

Mostly because she's LITERALLY the Tier IV Svietlana (just as Lo Yang IS Benson and Nueve de Julio IS Boise), given a Soviet coat of paint...

...and placed at T5 to challenge the accusation that all Soviet cruisers are stupidly OP for tier.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720
[SIDE]
Members
2,086 posts

Here is how I built mine:

1) find it in your port

2) put mouse arrow over ship

3) right click the mouse

4) go down to where you see “sell”

5) confirm

I know this build works better than any other . I have tried 3-4 other builds on this ship each of the 12-13 times I’ve been unfortunate enough to get it in a crate.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
186
[KP]
Members
306 posts
202 battles
1 hour ago, JackG79 said:

Hey guys...    

I got the Krispy Kreme with a 10 pt Captain out of crate.  I was wondering if someone would mind sharing their 10 point captain build with me?     I checked out the one on Little White Mouse's  page, and it's from 2016 and a few changes have been made since then.  Nothing major but a few.  

 

Thanks in advance for any help!!  

Jack !! 

 

Aft, BFT, IFHE and CE all other points are irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
3 hours ago, JackG79 said:

Yeah... that makes sense.  IDK why the Capt.  Train/Retrain system confuses me so much after coming from World of Tanks.  But I really should have just trained him for the Svetlana as they are basically the same bote, and I have her in the port with like a 4 point captain or something. 

Tanks is so stupid that when confronted with a premium trainer system that makes sense we all lose our minds at first... ;)
I have a 19 point Kiev captain that I run in the Okhotnik, Molotov, KK, and Kutuzov for elite EXP and for the most part the skills work for all of them.
1:  I like to know how many people are aiming at me.
2:  I like my turrets to turn faster.
3: I like USSR shells to set fires.
4: I like to output BBs.

Then IFHE, Adrenaline Rush... ya know, normal stuff.
Unlike others here I will say NEVER sell premium ships no matter how bad they are.  You get half their value in credits, they have occasionally buffed premiums, and if you win them more than once you'll often get Doubloons or at the very worst, the FULL value of the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,451
[SYN]
Members
15,276 posts
11,961 battles

AFT+IFHE, forget CE

IFHE should be top priority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,277 battles
5 hours ago, thebigblue said:

Here is how I built mine:

1) find it in your port

2) put mouse arrow over ship

3) right click the mouse

4) go down to where you see “sell”

5) confirm

I know this build works better than any other . I have tried 3-4 other builds on this ship each of the 12-13 times I’ve been unfortunate enough to get it in a crate.

And there's the rub. If you just let it rust in port, you may get something worthwhile instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

The Kryspy is just a big slow DD.  So insignificant that the last pvp match I played in it I sailed full broadside around a BB and he never bothered aiming at me.

Build it out like a flame thrower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×