You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Knumb_Knutz

Musashi or Kronstadt, would like your advice, Thank you

24 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
6,588 battles

I have 750,000 free xp and since both of these ships are being removed early next year, I will be grabbing one but I know little of the Kronstadt.

Which one would be better in your opinion.

Thank you for your help

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
449 posts
3,632 battles

Musashi is fun, If you have Yamato then you know her style, she's basically a Yamato at tier 9 you would be the top dog in either a 10 or 9 match.I haven't used the Kronshdat, and I'll pass up on her. So I can't say anything about her. 

Sorry if this didn't help very much.

Edited by Starfleet1701

[WOLF6]
Members
661 posts
6,067 battles

Go for the Musashi , you're already giving up cruiser accuracy and reload time with the Kron , if you're gonna give that up you might as well get something in return like 18 inch guns and overmatch .

[SIM]
Members
3,417 posts
5,254 battles

Personal preference means a lot here. Do you prefer heavy cruisers or battleships? I enjoy Musashi far more than Kronstadt, but the rub is that Kronstadt is a member of a unique ship class, while Musashi has a sister ship in game. If you buy Kronstadt, you can still more or less get the Musashi experience by grinding out Yamato. If you buy the Musashi, well, there aren’t any real Kronstadt equivalents other than perhaps the Stalingrad.

Musashi has tremendous hitting power and good defense against main battery fire, but aircraft give her absolute fits. Her guns have fantastic overmatch potential and will let you punish bow-tankers. She’s slow, so she doesn’t flex well, but her generous range enables her to project force well. Kronstadt has rapid firing, high velocity guns, a big slug of hitpoints, and radar. She’s reasonably agile, and her guns let her inflict incredible damage against side-on targets. Where Kronstadt falls apart (in my opinion) is in the fact that her HE sucks, and her AP shells are of too small of a caliber to let her overmatch anything. This means that when an opponent angles against you, suddenly Kronstadt find herself to be a painfully mediocre gunboat. Additionally, she’s too big and slow to get out of trouble, eats citadels pretty easily, and gets savaged by IFHE gunboats. That big hitpoint pool is a necessity, not a luxury, because she struggles to avoid or mitigate damage. 

I prefer Musashi, but ultimately your mileage may vary. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,355 posts
5,704 battles

I'm a cruiser main and find BB play somewhat boring. However, have been having fun with Musashi, mainly because it just doesn't give a crap what reds try to do to avoid taking damage. If you can hit the broadside of a barn, it's difficult to not break 100k per game, which is one reason it's such a good credit earner. Don't have the Kron, but even as a cruiser main I'm not interested. Seems more of a gimped BB than a battlecruiser. 

[FGNE]
Members
590 posts
3,069 battles

I got the Kronshtadt last week, I'm a Cruiser main, and I really liked it. As others have stated it is matter of preference, but if you are neutral I would suggest the Kronshtadt, after all the Musashi is "another" Yamato, in that regard the Kron is more unique.

Disclaimer: I do not own Musashi or Yamato yet.

Edited by CO_Valle

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

I don't regret getting the Musashi, at all.  She is a solid ship.

Gonna be a big target when the carrier rework gets released, though...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,468 posts
6,065 battles
57 minutes ago, Knumb_Knutz said:

I have 750,000 free xp and since both of these ships are being removed early next year, I will be grabbing one but I know little of the Kronstadt.

Thank you for your help

Stay away from Kronstadt.  Mine never gets played.

Musashi is alright, but boring.  You'd be better off using the XP to free-xp your way to Yamato.

Or save it and get Alaska.  It's not supposed to be great, but at least it will be better than Kron.

[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

Stay away from Kronstadt.  Mine never gets played.

Musashi is alright, but boring.  You'd be better off using the XP to free-xp your way to Yamato.

Or save it and get Alaska.  It's not supposed to be great, but at least it will be better than Kron.

Depends on whether you want a ship that earns better than average credits and can be used as a captain trainer...  two benefits of Musashi.

Edited by delp5117

[WOLF3]
Members
19,157 posts
17,538 battles

Both are vulnerable to air attacks.  If Kronshtadt's Defensive Fire is on CD and a CV catches her (there's ways, i.e. baiting Defensive Fire use and backing out, then coming back in when DF is on CD), she's going to get crucified.  Musashi's AA is Tier VI BB trash levels of bad, and she's in Tier IX facing the likes of Tier VIII-X CVs with tremendous hitting power.  Even Tier VII CVs such as Hiryu, Saipan, or Kaga's "Air Wings of Torpedo Bomber Doom" will murder Musashi.

When the CV Revamp goes live...

These are 2 cool ships, but the air threat is about to get real in early 2019.

Even Alaska will be vulnerable.  Most people will have ASM1 fitted on her and Alaskas will typically never have a true AA Build.

Sorry for the rambling.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles

I just spend 15k doubloons to convert the 300k xp to get mushai and it was worth the cost. I played a game today where i blapped a full health Alabama showing me broadside. Man that felt awesome. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,535 posts

i just bought musashi using coal, i don't want to waste FXP on either kron or alaska, WG needs to come up with a better ship to earn my hard earned FXP lol

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i just bought musashi using coal, i don't want to waste FXP on either kron or alaska, WG needs to come up with a better ship to earn my hard earned FXP lol

Yeah i wanted to use coal, only needed 25k more with coupon. But they are taking the ship out of game and i reslly dont think i will have enough time to get enough coal. So i bit the bullet.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
362 posts

Musashi can be bought outright RightNow for 178k coal so it's a bargain. Ifnyu have enough coal grab her in the arsenal. And then jump on the Korn. Both ships in your port and one for almost 3/4 of the price in coal. Plan it out cause once they are gone . They may not be back. Then again WG is WG. You never know.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,535 posts
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yeah i wanted to use coal, only needed 25k more with coupon. But they are taking the ship out of game and i reslly dont think i will have enough time to get enough coal. So i bit the bullet.

just a game, enjoy

[A-I-M]
Members
1,601 posts
8,608 battles

I'll offer you my somewhat contrarian opinion of the Kronshtadt:

Most people don't like the ship because they are put off by its inconsistent gun accuracy. And its gun accuracy is very inconsistent.

Overall, though, I like the ship. Don't get me wrong: I spend much my battles in it, cussing the guns, just like everyone else, but much of the time, I look in the top right corner later in the battle, and I find myself somewhat astounded by the amount of damage I I've racked up, and that keeps me going.

I was battling a Moskva last week and despite it being well-angled, I citadeled it on four consecutive salvos.  It was fairly close battling, with him backing up and me pushing ahead, with the final exchange coming at 4.7 km. I would have got him again, but I opted to duck behind an island because of a red DD that would have had me if I had stayed on the same side of the island as the Moskva.

Among T9 cruisers, Kronshtadt is #1 in

1. Win rate

2. Average damage

3. Base XP

4. Average kills

It is also the least-played. So, one could say it's numbers are questionable due to sample size, and/or that so many people give up with it, that the averages are due to it being played mainly by high-skilled players.

I got the Musashi and the Kronshtadt only four days apart.

I have a hard time winning in the Musashi. My highest-damage games come in losses, mainly due to my being so conscious of its clumsy handling, that I get it into the battle too late to help win; but because I wasn't in the brunt of the battle to that point, my health is good, So I end up taking reds down with me.

Both ships require careful play. The reasonable speed of the Kronshtadt allows you to make up for hesitation. In the Musashi, hesitation will get you left behind. But the Musashi's guns can (sometimes) land mind-blowing hits early that just turn the tide for the team, in a way that no other ship this side of Yamato can.

Both ships have their merits and shortcomings; pick the ship that will be the best mix with your own.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,157 posts
17,538 battles
9 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I'll offer you my somewhat contrarian opinion of the Kronshtadt:

Most people don't like the ship because they are put off by its inconsistent gun accuracy. And its gun accuracy is very inconsistent.

Overall, though, I like the ship. Don't get me wrong: I spend much my battles in it, cussing the guns, just like everyone else, but much of the time, I look in the top right corner later in the battle, and I find myself somewhat astounded by the amount of damage I I've racked up, and that keeps me going.

I was battling a Moskva last week and despite it being well-angled, I citadeled it on four consecutive salvos.  It was fairly close battling, with him backing up and me pushing ahead, with the final exchange coming at 4.7 km. I would have got him again, but I opted to duck behind an island because of a red DD that would have had me if I had stayed on the same side of the island as the Moskva.

Among T9 cruisers, Kronshtadt is #1 in

1. Win rate

2. Average damage

3. Base XP

4. Average kills

It is also the least-played. So, one could say it's numbers are questionable due to sample size, and/or that so many people give up with it, that the averages are due to it being played mainly by high-skilled players.

I got the Musashi and the Kronshtadt only four days apart.

I have a hard time winning in the Musashi. My highest-damage games come in losses, mainly due to my being so conscious of its clumsy handling, that I get it into the battle too late to help win; but because I wasn't in the brunt of the battle to that point, my health is good, So I end up taking reds down with me.

Both ships require careful play. The reasonable speed of the Kronshtadt allows you to make up for hesitation. In the Musashi, hesitation will get you left behind. But the Musashi's guns can (sometimes) land mind-blowing hits early that just turn the tide for the team, in a way that no other ship this side of Yamato can.

Both ships have their merits and shortcomings; pick the ship that will be the best mix with your own.

Nothing is more frustrating in Kronshtadt that seeing some DD at 9km, fire a full salvo, and watch your shells scatter.  You look at your "Cruiser" icon and scream, WHHyyyyyy??? :Smile_veryhappy:

When Kron is on the mark, she smashes faces like a BB almost.  But when Kron is off the mark, she whiffs big like a BB :Smile_trollface:

[RED2]
Members
1,136 posts
8,233 battles

They have a very different play style and offer very different things to the team. Musashi is all about raw combat while the Kron is more about support. I personally find the Kron more effective but an ineffective ship that you like is better than an effective ship you hate.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,601 posts
8,608 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Nothing is more frustrating in Kronshtadt that seeing some DD at 9km, fire a full salvo, and watch your shells scatter.  You look at your "Cruiser" icon and scream, WHHyyyyyy??? :Smile_veryhappy:

When Kron is on the mark, she smashes faces like a BB almost.  But when Kron is off the mark, she whiffs big like a BB :Smile_trollface:

I know, I know. :Smile_sad:

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,597 posts
6,563 battles

Musashi is easier overall to get decent games out of, but keep in mind that showing any amount of unangled broadside is heavy punishment for you.  Furthermore CVs make you a free kill.  Kron on the other hand has nice range (11.3 or .7) radar, tempermental but great guns, and a large HP pool.  Its definitely harder to use, but I think has more carry potential.  Still though, its concealment for a ship of its type isn't very good.  

Playstyle preference.  Just know that if you do get Kron, its a big cruiser.  Its protection is not a BB despite it fighting like one.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
2 hours ago, Knumb_Knutz said:

Get both if you can, both are great ships, really worth it. 

If i had to chose one would be Kronstadt. Why? Its a more unique ship, has a unique playestyle that no other ship free or premium has. Musashi is a great ship, but its also a Yamato, same playstyle, same ship. If you grind the Yamato, you are not missing anything out of the premium bonus.