You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

USS charleston the ghost cruiser

21 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles

hello everyone I have the charleston cruise, and checking right is exactly the ST.luis, has nothing new, is a st.luis with a blue camouflage. does not have any review on the page that speaks more about it. they should add something special that makes the difference to their sister ship, for example increase the range of secondary batteries.

HE NEED 3 THINGS

1-comemorative flag

2-camo white fleet

3- up 500meters range secondaries

white fleet camo 

017-1.jpg

USS-Charleston.jpg

c2223.jpg

c2222.jpg

c2221.jpg

c2205.jpg

c2206.jpg

c2210.jpg

c2211.jpg

c2212.jpg

c2207.jpg

CAMO BLUE

c2213.jpg

c2209.jpg

c2214.jpg

c2215.jpg

c2203.jpg

c2217.jpg

c2204.jpg

PLEASE I KNOW THAT WG CAN UP SECONDARIES TO 3K BASE MAKE FUN,

THIS SHIP DONT HAVE ANY REVIEW WOWS, AND IS PART USN HISTORY!

Edited by rafael_azuaje
  • Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,887 battles

You can use any US captain on it, and the servicing cost is reduced (before you figure the effect of the permanent camouflage which includes additional reduction in cost and gives a 50% XP boost).

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles
6 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

You can use any US captain on it, and the servicing cost is reduced (before you figure the effect of the permanent camouflage which includes additional reduction in cost and gives a 50% XP boost).

that's nothing, just the exact same louis, we should give a touch to the difference and what fun

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,887 battles
Just now, rafael_azuaje said:

that's nothing, just the exact same louis, we should give a touch to the difference and what fun

I agree that the ship is a clone with special camouflage.  However, you said this is no difference.  I mentioned a few.  The most important of which is reduced operating cost (assuming no enhanced earnings).

In the case of Charleston, I actually have no issue with this ship being a clone as it was a gift to new players.  The rest of us can get the ship if we want it for Coal.

At Tier 3, it would be very hard to make a significant change that would not either break the ship, or render it OP.

I would want more if it was at the end of a grind like that for the Dreadnought, but it isn't.

Again, I am fine with this clone as it was a gift ship for new players that we can acquired if we have a little Coal laying around that we don't have a better use for.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles
10 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I agree that the ship is a clone with special camouflage.  However, you said this is no difference.  I mentioned a few.  The most important of which is reduced operating cost (assuming no enhanced earnings).

In the case of Charleston, I actually have no issue with this ship being a clone as it was a gift to new players.  The rest of us can get the ship if we want it for Coal.

At Tier 3, it would be very hard to make a significant change that would not either break the ship, or render it OP.

I would want more if it was at the end of a grind like that for the Dreadnought, but it isn't.

Again, I am fine with this clone as it was a gift ship for new players that we can acquired if we have a little Coal laying around that we don't have a better use for.

if I agree, as I say buff the rank the secondaries to 3k base instead of 2.5k. It would be much better, of course you should keep in mind that its small caliber will do very little damage to other boats but it will give more fun to see them in action. with respect to its camouflage, that was the color used historically?

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,887 battles
2 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

if I agree, as I say buff the rank the secondaries to 3k base instead of 2.5k. It would be much better, of course you should keep in mind that its small caliber will do very little damage to other boats but it will give more fun to see them in action. with respect to its camouflage, that was the color used historically?

I don't know about the color.  That is from before the time I know much about.  Many in game have the White Fleet coloring which historical for some ships of that era.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles
13 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I don't know about the color.  That is from before the time I know much about.  Many in game have the White Fleet coloring which historical for some ships of that era.

then I hope that wows make a camouflage of the white fleet for charleston that has a lot of details, that makes it beautiful.

017-1.jpg

USS-Charleston.jpg

camo white fleet

with camo blue

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/the-uss-charleston-in-drydock-news-photo/615312244

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
30 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

This, even with power creep the St Louis and now the Charleston are still threats to be reckoned with.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,628 posts
8,772 battles
53 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

However, you said this is no difference.  I mentioned a few.  The most important of which is reduced operating cost (assuming no enhanced earnings).

A minor quibble: I think the most important difference is the first one you mentioned.

The Charleston, being a premium ship, is capable of accepting any captain without retraining penalty upon assignment, or upon return to his home ship. I had been considering for some time whether i wanted to spend Elite Commander XP on turning my 8-point St. Louis commander into a 10-pointer, or more. Now, there is no need - drop in the 19-pointer of my choice, and he can keep earning Elite XP.

My favorite T3 seal club just came back from the heat-treating shop, nicely flame-hardened and nitrided. With a spiffy coat of blue paint and matching rubberized grip.

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,887 battles
31 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

A minor quibble: I think the most important difference is the first one you mentioned.

The Charleston, being a premium ship, is capable of accepting any captain without retraining penalty upon assignment, or upon return to his home ship. I had been considering for some time whether i wanted to spend Elite Commander XP on turning my 8-point St. Louis commander into a 10-pointer, or more. Now, there is no need - drop in the 19-pointer of my choice, and he can keep earning Elite XP.

My favorite T3 seal club just came back from the heat-treating shop, nicely flame-hardened and nitrided. With a spiffy coat of blue paint and matching rubberized grip.

Fair enough.  It think the key point I was trying to make is that it is a Premium Ship.  That, by itself, is a significant difference.  A 14-point captain with BFT, AFT, and CE will buff the performance of the ship significantly for the Tier.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,628 posts
8,772 battles
55 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

A 14-point captain with BFT, AFT, and CE will buff the performance of the ship significantly for the Tier.

I thought the benefits of both BFT and AFT were limited to guns of 139mm and smaller, but Charleson/St. Louis has 152 mm guns.

Or are the secondaries of Charleston what you had in mind for those skills? Are Charleston secondaries worth 7 points?

I was thinking more along the lines of dropping in a high-tier CL captain that has Superintendent, DE, IFHE, and CE, or a CA captain that has the IFHE traded out for something else.

[70]
Members
1,074 posts
5,333 battles
3 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

3- up 500k range secondaries

Too OP, can shoot across all maps in game and most of them if they are laid end to end. NERF REQUIRED.

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,887 battles
8 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I thought the benefits of both BFT and AFT were limited to guns of 139mm and smaller, but Charleson/St. Louis has 152 mm guns.

Or are the secondaries of Charleston what you had in mind for those skills? Are Charleston secondaries worth 7 points?

I was thinking more along the lines of dropping in a high-tier CL captain that has Superintendent, DE, IFHE, and CE, or a CA captain that has the IFHE traded out for something else.

You are right.  I didn't look.

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles

the cruiser is very good, is OP need some details as flags, placed on the top of the flag on the stern and bow. andddd add 

FLAG WHEN YOUR TO BUY THE SHIP WITH COAL

flags-new-0-7-10-0.png?w=656

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[RED2]
Members
1,272 posts
8,276 battles
20 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

then I hope that wows make a camouflage of the white fleet for charleston that has a lot of details, that makes it beautiful.

017-1.jpg

USS-Charleston.jpg

camo white fleet

with camo blue

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/the-uss-charleston-in-drydock-news-photo/615312244

If you want a white camo for it all you need to do is complete the US cruiser collection. With the color change options you can make the Charleston's premium Camo white. shot-18_12.21_11_02.24-0964.thumb.jpg.248f2fa21803ecd2366e13609f53b95a.jpgshot-18_12.21_11_02.32-0234.thumb.jpg.19191cc40ce89abd5bdd10dbbbad87ae.jpgshot-18_12.21_11_02.38-0814.thumb.jpg.bd06aaa0f83f04b7ac26b51a70281b05.jpg

This isn;t the white camo in game, you can tell by the slightly grey funnels. Unfortunately the name also doesn't show up so well, they should have added a black rim around it. It also lacks the bow decorations sadly.

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles
43 minutes ago, Chimera2 said:

If you want a white camo for it all you need to do is complete the US cruiser collection. With the color change options you can make the Charleston's premium Camo white. shot-18_12.21_11_02.24-0964.thumb.jpg.248f2fa21803ecd2366e13609f53b95a.jpgshot-18_12.21_11_02.32-0234.thumb.jpg.19191cc40ce89abd5bdd10dbbbad87ae.jpgshot-18_12.21_11_02.38-0814.thumb.jpg.bd06aaa0f83f04b7ac26b51a70281b05.jpg

This isn;t the white camo in game, you can tell by the slightly grey funnels. Unfortunately the name also doesn't show up so well, they should have added a black rim around it. It also lacks the bow decorations sadly.

its camo i have too, but not is camo white fleet.

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles

we need for the next year this: a event campaing

h95513k.jpg

reward: USS_Olympia for T2 

USS_Olympia_2.jpg

Edited by rafael_azuaje

Members
503 posts

After a disappointing 20 Santa Crate haul, I decided to buy Charleston as compensation. Not a bad choice. I kind of like it, sort of a premium St Louis. I have no issues with the blue paint, maybe its because I am a sucker for blue. XD Besides, a low tier premium is a fun one. I have more fun playing my low tier premiums such as Dreadnought, Campbelltown, Vampire, and Katori. There's just a sort of fun factor to them.  

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,949 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 3:37 AM, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

After a disappointing 20 Santa Crate haul, I decided to buy Charleston as compensation. Not a bad choice. I kind of like it, sort of a premium St Louis. I have no issues with the blue paint, maybe its because I am a sucker for blue. XD Besides, a low tier premium is a fun one. I have more fun playing my low tier premiums such as Dreadnought, Campbelltown, Vampire, and Katori. There's just a sort of fun factor to them.  

It would be nice if WG organizes battles of only rank of T3..

• Cool 1

Members
503 posts
11 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

It would be nice if WG organizes battles of only rank of T3..

T3 is a comfortable tier to play. Though most challenges can't be done in T3, I still play plenty of tier 3 battles just for the fun factor.