You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fishin79

Recommending Musashi???

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
115 posts
6,729 battles

I see a lot of folks recommending picking up Musashi before it is removed.  I thought it might be a good idea to mention a significant downside to that idea.  Don't get me wrong, I love Musashi... It is my favorite BB (probably the only one I enjoy playing).  However, the CV rework is dropping at the same time as Musashi is removed (8.0).  That means that if you pick up Musashi now you have maybe a month to play it before sky cancer 2.0 gets unleashed and Musashi's AA is pathetic.  I normally don't have much of a problem with CV matches in the current meta because high tier cruiser AA is so strong.  I am not sure that is going to be the case with the new AA model.  It will probably be a couple months after 8.0 drops before you can reasonably take Musashi out without guaranteeing a CV match.  I have feeling that Musashi (and Kron) are going to suffer from DOT and be damage pinatas in the new CV meta, at least until things settle out.  Just keep this in mind before you drop FXP or coal.  Not saying don't get Musashi, just realize that it may be several months (maybe more) before you can actually use her.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles
3 minutes ago, fishin79 said:

I see a lot of folks recommending picking up Musashi before it is removed.  I thought it might be a good idea to mention a significant downside to that idea.  Don't get me wrong, I love Musashi... It is my favorite BB (probably the only one I enjoy playing).  However, the CV rework is dropping at the same time as Musashi is removed (8.0).  That means that if you pick up Musashi now you have maybe a month to play it before sky cancer 2.0 gets unleashed and Musashi's AA is pathetic.  I normally don't have much of a problem with CV matches in the current meta because high tier cruiser AA is so strong.  I am not sure that is going to be the case with the new AA model.  It will probably be a couple months after 8.0 drops before you can reasonably take Musashi out without guaranteeing a CV match.  I have feeling that Musashi (and Kron) are going to suffer from DOT and be damage pinatas in the new CV meta, at least until things settle out.  Just keep this in mind before you drop FXP or coal.  Not saying don't get Musashi, just realize that it may be several months (maybe more) before you can actually use her.

Meh. . . I'll go further and NOT recommend it.  It's a battleship for campers.

It's not a bad ship.  It's just boring.  Played it last night for the first time in a long time, just to get my snowflake.   The experience didn't inspire me to play her more at all.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
7,734 battles

i got my AAs rating on the Musashi up to 70, so which is not bad considering Atalanta's is around 74+. but in order for me to do that i have to sacrifice main gun accuracy.    

if you worried about planes coming after you.  you can do that to bait them CVs.  right now everyone know that the Musashi is a tad down on AAs from Yamato.  50 AA rating at stock Musashi....a big [edited]target for planes.  so when or if you beef up AAs, the planes come after you and then a big chunk of them go crashing in the ocean, they would have wasted a lot of time and resources just to go after you.  

:Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
10,093 posts
19,494 battles

Or just play it in Co-op.

Some asked recently me if I liked wasting money running a Tier 9 in Co-op, and I just said I never have trouble making credits in Co-op, even with high tier ships...

...you could also div with a AA buzz saw and make like a big bully enforcer and a mousey little fixer guy.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[TDG]
Members
1,636 posts
7,869 battles

Musashi is my #2 credit earner after Missouri in Randoms.

In Co-op, she doesn't do nearly as well.  However, I have never lost money playing her in Co-op.

And @Estimated_Prophet, I've had people make the same comment in Co-op.  I struggle in some ships to reliably break even in Co-op at Tier 9.  I still am positive over the longer run in most of them, but some just don't work for me there.  That said, I don't run any ship often enough to be a problem.  One good battle will usually cover any losses I have that night.

Members
482 posts
8,529 battles
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

i got my AAs rating on the Musashi up to 70, so which is not bad considering Atalanta's is around 74+. but in order for me to do that i have to sacrifice main gun accuracy.    

if you worried about planes coming after you.  you can do that to bait them CVs.  right now everyone know that the Musashi is a tad down on AAs from Yamato.  50 AA rating at stock Musashi....a big [edited]target for planes.  so when or if you beef up AAs, the planes come after you and then a big chunk of them go crashing in the ocean, they would have wasted a lot of time and resources just to go after you.  

:Smile_honoring:

I've got 110 AA on my Republic and 3 torp bombers by came in by themselves and all three dropped their torps manually on me no problem.   AA without defensive/AA,  is worthless.

[RLGN]
Members
10,093 posts
19,494 battles
1 hour ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Musashi is my #2 credit earner after Missouri in Randoms.

In Co-op, she doesn't do nearly as well.  However, I have never lost money playing her in Co-op.

And @Estimated_Prophet, I've had people make the same comment in Co-op.  I struggle in some ships to reliably break even in Co-op at Tier 9.  I still am positive over the longer run in most of them, but some just don't work for me there.  That said, I don't run any ship often enough to be a problem.  One good battle will usually cover any losses I have that night.

I think Missouri, Musashi, and Fletcher are about the only T9s I use with any regularity in Co-op. With a premium account, yeah, those three are kind of hard to do badly with unless everything dies before you can pitch in, or you really potato badly.

For various reasons I’m biased against tiers 9-10, so I either don’t have those ships or barely play the ones I do have.

Grozovoi would be the most played lately, with Des Moines having the most actual games, (as well as being the reason I hate high tiers,) with Gearing being a distant third, and a smattering of others. (Just played my first Hindinburg game ever last night; a win; but I don’t think I really contributed very much, and can’t say anything about the ship changed how I feel about high tiers.)

[RLGN]
Members
10,093 posts
19,494 battles
1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

I've got 110 AA on my Republic and 3 torp bombers by came in by themselves and all three dropped their torps manually on me no problem.   AA without defensive/AA,  is worthless.

Not so much; this is a fault of RNG based AA with no certainty of results. It is mathematically possible, if unlikely, to get the same result with DFAA, if RNG dumps all over you.

At the same time it is mathematically possible, if unlikely, for some AA weak ship to have wiped that attack out.

The stupidity of such inconsistency has been an oft cited complaint, and a much asked for fix, that was basically ignored.

[UEFN]
Members
819 posts
15,545 battles

Musashi nuke everything in down tier game, and stand up against all Tier 10 BB in up tier.  print good amount of credits 2nd only to Missouri, get it while you can!

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
7,734 battles
3 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

but i'm not talking about the Repub, but Musashi.... :Smile_amazed:

Musashi can take server direct his on of torps around the thick armor around mid-ship...with only scratch. but if hit on the closer to bow or stern...it will take a big chuck of damg.  however, on my musashi i didn't like the CVs singling me out...so i had no choice but to jack up her AAs to the best it can to give me a fighting chance against them planes.  

[BNZAI]
Members
385 posts
4,507 battles

AA does not matter in most ships unless you spec for it specifically even in ships with "good" AA. Musashi might be naked against CVs but the same goes for most BBs period(since few of those spec for AA even if they could). I doubt the rework will change that either way.