You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kingpin61

Don't buy the Steel campaign.

111 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
316 posts
17,902 battles

Don't support the monetization of a currency that is theoretically only for competitive modes. I understand why steel exists, and i understand that they want to give everyone a chance to earn steel (which i disagree with), but even so, at 4k steel for $60, that puts stalingrad's price tag at $420 without coupon, and i don't think that's a future we really want to see.

although i support more people discovering that Stalin isn't as OP as some people say it is........

edit: 

Edited by Kingpin61
  • Cool 13
  • Boring 12

[MEOW]
Beta Testers
212 posts
4,880 battles
3 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

I understand why steel exists, and i understand that they want to give everyone a chance to earn steel (which i disagree with), but even so, at 4k steel for $60, that puts stalingrad's price tag at $420 without coupon, and i don't think that's a future we really want to see.

although i support more people discovering that Stalin isn't as OP as some people say it is

Don't join the party, I want to be the last alpha male of my master race

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
659 posts
7,892 battles

Wasn't it last Christmas, or the one before where WoWS dropped that $400 package in the shop.  I was of the opinion that no one would buy it, but I read differently in the forums.  There are apparently more people playing WG games, that are flush with cash, than I expected. 

Me personnally, I wouldn't/couldn't anyway drop that kind of money down.  I might be shocked though if I add up all the money I spent over the life of WoT/WoWS. 

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
316 posts
17,902 battles
Just now, Siegewolf said:

Wasn't it last Christmas, or the one before where WoWS dropped that $400 package in the shop.  I was of the opinion that no one would buy it, but I read differently in the forums.  There are apparently more people playing WG games, that are flush with cash, than I expected. 

Me personnally, I wouldn't/couldn't anyway drop that kind of money down.  I might be shocked though if I add up all the money I spent over the life of WoT/WoWS. 

The arsenal package was technically a good value at least. the steel monsters campaign isn't.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,178 posts
10,330 battles
33 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

You would be amazed at how many 40+ yr olds play this game who have good income and will pay for entertainment.

• Cool 11

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,598 posts
8,328 battles
4 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

You would be amazed at how many 40+ yr olds play this gamer who have good income and will pay for entertainment.

Cha-ching!!      This^^^^^

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
659 posts
7,892 battles
2 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

You would be amazed at how many 40+ yr olds play this gamer who have good income and will pay for entertainment.

My first thought to how to respond to that would have netted me a forum ban :Smile_teethhappy:  But yeah I understand.  Is there a special way I can join this .04% (according to WG), a secret meeting?  I'm willing to learn.

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,152 battles
6 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I do believe you have it surrounded, there. 

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,141 battles
10 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

If I sat down and worked that out I’d be sick!! Fun times though (mostly) and it’s how I choose to spend some of my disposable cash.

As for the campaign ... bit outta my pay grade in one drop.

Beta Testers
1,538 posts
9,539 battles
18 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

Don't support the monetization of a currency that is theoretically only for competitive modes. I understand why steel exists, and i understand that they want to give everyone a chance to earn steel (which i disagree with), but even so, at 4k steel for $60, that puts stalingrad's price tag at $420 without coupon, and i don't think that's a future we really want to see.

although i support more people discovering that Stalin isn't as OP as some people say it is........

edit: 

Not planning on it, not because of your reasoning, but because steal and coal, and freexp, and silver, just pile up on my account because I don't use any of it very often.

Let them monetize stuff - who cares?  I mean, if you get a ship free for being leet, and buddy gets it because he dropped 400 bucks, why are you bothered?  You lose nothing.  You'd be amazed at how many people aren't awed by somebody in a rare reward ship, it's just another target.

Let WG charge as much as they want and sell everything they can - I'll still buy next to nothing but premium time.

• Cool 6

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
846 posts
14,004 battles

As a loyal player,  who sometimes spend some euros for this game. 50 bucks for one average campaing is a big NO.

As i say if people make this campaign success they deserve to be milking .D

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

prQycGv.gif

lol this game is so addicting, I actively discourage new people from trying it out. I tell them

its a trap.jpg

• Funny 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
611 posts
1,545 battles
14 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Even though this 40+ year old makes decent money, I have 2 kids in high school...higher food bills, more car insurance, upcoming college tuition...this equates to very little disposable income!  Perhaps when I retire, I can has all the cool stuff...:cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,858 posts
4,162 battles
35 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

that puts stalingrad's price tag at $420 without coupon, and i don't think that's a future we really want to see.

Some would say that number is.... Unnatural.

Related image 

#420blazeit

• Funny 2

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
37 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

So who the hell are you to tell me or anyone else  when or how or where to spend my money?  I see you're in a unicum clan, I guess, but I've seen hardcore players before...

I haven't bought the campaign yet, and not sure that I will, but I can tell you for a fact that your opinion will not be part of my decision.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,075 posts
6,204 battles
19 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

This is partially correct...I think you will also find that there are a lot of 20+ year olds living in mom and dads basement with 0 living expenses and thus have 100% disposable income.

Im over 40, have a decent amount of disposable income and dont mind paying for entertainment.

However, Im also old enough to realize that companies react to how customers spend $ and Im p#$$@d enough that I wont spend any more $$.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,479 posts
2,500 battles
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Even though this 40+ year old makes decent money, I have 2 kids in high school...higher food bills, more car insurance, upcoming college tuition...this equates to very little disposable income!  Perhaps when I retire, I can has all the cool stuff...:cap_rambo:

Same here.  Besides premium time, that $60 is probably my premium ship account for the year.

But there at too many collectors / people opposed to blocked content to stop this.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

I could care less about reserving things as prizes for in game accomplishment.

The whole model of free to play is that some people have time to grind, and others have money to buy the stuff they don't have time for.

I think everything ought to be for sale and people should be free to choose what they want to grind for vs. what they want to buy. Capitalism FTW!

That said, there aren't any "steel" ships I really want right now.  So I'm probably just going to accumulate the steel from these events and sit on it.

• Cool 13

Members
1,215 posts
6,720 battles

I knew a person who played this old, outdated, rinky-dink vampire MMO and was stunned to learn that people literally spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on that game. 

So I am not in the least surprised that people spend it here nor would I wish to keep them from it if that's what they want to do. More power to them.

[-TAB-]
[-TAB-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
29 posts
18,066 battles

I decided there was no way i was going to buy this campaign, especially at the price offered.

the issues around steel aside.

if it were less, well maybe...

what really bothers me, is the game trades time for money.  You can grind and play the game  at the same level as those with less time and more money.  this campaign requires you to spend your money, and your time.  so its like lending someone else  money and then you work off the debt :)

[UEFN]
Members
819 posts
15,545 battles
20 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

I do believe you have it surrounded, there. 

especially when these 40+ yr olds are making $50+/hr   lol

• Cool 2