Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Pinked by server timeout

10 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
197 posts
4,789 battles

So I had just started a Coop game when I got disconnected from the server. "Too busy" was the error message. By the time I logged back in the game was over and I had been slapped with a penalty. Now my boat was already in the game and I was just waiting for the last few seconds to go by for the battle to start. Then I get screwed over by connectivity issues. Is there anything I can do to get this lifted?

Edit: Apparently this happened to quite a few players just now.

punished.PNG

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,994 posts

I'd say there are RECORD numbers of players doing Co-Op right now. I've been seeing a lot of purple colors in the clan tags there lately. This will be going on for a few days.

[SPV]
Members
197 posts
4,789 battles
4 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Yes, you can play the 3 games and move on.

It's the principle of the matter. If I get pinked for for my own mistakes, I'll take my lumps and move on. But if I get pinked because WG dropped the ball, it's on them to make things right.

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
1 minute ago, CTMAADawson said:

It's the principle of the matter. If I get pinked for for my own mistakes, I'll take my lumps and move on. But if I get pinked because WG dropped the ball, it's on them to make things right.

You will be done with the 3 games before they can even react to your situation. So, just play the 3 games and move on.

[SF-A]
Members
3,007 posts
6,339 battles
Just now, jager_geist said:

You will be done with the 3 games before they can even react to your situation. So, just play the 3 games and move on.

You've missed his point. He's not complaining about the burden of pink, he's saying that the principle is unjust when WG is at fault.

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
2 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

You've missed his point. He's not complaining about the burden of pink, he's saying that the principle is unjust when WG is at fault.

I did not miss his point. You missed my point. It will be faster to just play the 3 games then waiting for WG to respond to everyone that is going through this today. WG isn't going to give him anything for the pink. It is a game and the pink doesn't really matter. There is no "matter of principle" here.

[SPV]
Members
197 posts
4,789 battles

WarGaming needs to know that their servers are having issues and screwing over players. Something tells me you'd be just a bit miffed if you were trying to play a random or ranked with premium camo, consumables, and flags and suddenly got dropped from the match then pinked.

Members
17 posts
3,241 battles

man go look at my thread.  I had 20 game penalty because i kept crashing over and over.  I was using the microsoft store version of the game.  I Found out there may be a difference, so i downloaded directly from the website and tried again. I have not crashed yet using that platform.  Steam accounts also have the bugs.  But downloading from here was good to go so far. 

I had to work off my ban, but it went fast by switching ships every time one is stuck in battle, few hours.  Good luck with your 3 games lol.

also, i got this from them in my ticket:

Greetings ,

Since this warning was received because of the game crash, we removed a bad rating. Your rating was restored to normal.

Our inactive penalty system was implemented in the 0.7.4 patch. This system was set in place to discourage players from leaving games early (before their ship was destroyed), forcing their allies to fight without their perfectly operational ship. The warning received was issued by this new automated system.

The system handles unintentional disconnects and other non-deliberate disconnect issues similarly from purposeful desertion. If your disconnection was the result of a game crash or a connection issue, there is no need to worry as the system only takes action if a player consistently leaves battles early. However, in order to prevent players from abusing this system to avoid the penalty, all incidents of leaving battle are recorded so all players will receive a warning for the occasional disconnect. As long as these issues do not happen consistently there is no need to worry.

More information can be found here: [https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-074/]

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this