Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_HatTrick_

PEF bundles are confusing as all get out

14 comments in this topic

[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

I can't tell which of these is the best value.  Am I correct that buying any PEF bundle gets you access to Steel Monsters and Nerves of Steel?  

Do the differences basically come down to how many doubloons/flags/commander skill points you get?  

Basically I would like to get the campaigns but I'm not super interested in the rest.  Can anybody help me figure this mess out?

[BUOY]
Members
300 posts
9,284 battles

I made an analysis of the value of the packages here.

Thread.

TL : DR is that if you're willing to spend some money, the base PEF package is a pretty good deal provided you grind out all the directives and that if you strip out all the doubloons and such from the other packages, the steel can be valued at around $25-$35 as part of those bundles.

Edited by lloyd1701

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
16 minutes ago, _HatTrick_ said:

I can't tell which of these is the best value.  Am I correct that buying any PEF bundle gets you access to Steel Monsters and Nerves of Steel?  

Do the differences basically come down to how many doubloons/flags/commander skill points you get?  

Basically I would like to get the campaigns but I'm not super interested in the rest.  Can anybody help me figure this mess out?

Just buy the big bundle and be done with it. You will get all the goodies that way.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

Steel/Mighty Prinz packages both give access to the Steel Monsters campaign.  The remaining package is the ship plus a couple extra items.  The fourth option is ship and port slot only.  The nerves of steel campaign, as I recall, requires the ship only.

Bare in mind, you do not need to purchase the ship in order to get the ship, just do the in game event and in 4 weeks you get the ship.

Purchasing the ship outright provides you with more time to complete the campaigns which require the ship only.

You can complete all the necessary campaigns, other than Steel Monsters, regardless of package chosen, however having the ship sooner than 4 weeks will help to complete certain campaigns if you are pressed for time.

[PROJX]
Members
1,010 posts
18,418 battles
1 hour ago, _HatTrick_ said:

Nerves of Steel activates w/ the PEF so a PEF bundle gets you that.  Not all bundles contain Steel Monsters.  There’s a stealth additional mission in the highest priced bundle for 2019 additional steel if you examine the items list.

The way I looked at it is it comes down to which of the following are your priorities:

• How much you want to the PEF? If so, do you have the time & the ship requirements to earn it for free? (the last Directive requires you having a ship to grind 4M silver from at least 6 different major Tech Tree lines.   If you don't have the time or the ships in the nation trees & want the ship, consider buying one of the bundles.
  • How much do you want the T6 free ships from the PEF Campaign - Since this campaign only unlocks after you get the PEF - if you do the weekly metered Directives for the free ships - you need to finish the PEF Campaign in less than two weeks if you choose the free option to earn the PEF.  If you don't have the time or the ships in the nation trees & want the ship, consider buying one of the bundles.
  • How much do you care about steel (i.e. you don't have other means to reliably earn Steel, but want one of the 4 available Steel ships - Flint, Black, Stalingrad or Burgogne)?  Depending on your goals:
    • Monsters of Steel (missions to earn 4000 steel) comes w/ the 2 highest priced PEF bundles in the Premium shop (i.e. $99 & $129)
    • Might of Steel - this is a "stealth" mission sequence for Steel that comes w/ the $129 bundle for an added 2019 steel
    • Nerves of Steel is associated w/ having the PEF so this is essentially a free mission for 2019 steel that you get whether you purchase any of the PEF bundles or earn it through the weekly Directives

The answers to the above questions, given your situation and desired ships should outline which bundle to get:

• $129 Bundle - PEF + Monsters of Steel+Might of Steel + Swag = 6019 Steel
  • $99 Bundle - PEF + Monsters of Steel + Less Swag = 4000 Steel
  • $60 - Monsters of Steel (ala carte purchase of just this mission
  • 2019 Nerves of Steel is a freebie as long as you get PEF by any means & have enough time to finish it
  • Prices for Steel ships w/ 25% Discount Coupon
    • Flint - 11600 (8700 discounted)
    • Black - 14000 (10500 discounted)
    • Stalingrad - 28000 (21000 discounted)
    • Burgogne - 30000 (22500 discounted)
  • The Snowflake Steel totals would also factor into this decision depending on how many T8-10 Premium and T9-10 Tech tree ships you have in port to earn Steel with.
Edited by hangglide42
  • Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,872 battles

With the Nerves of Steel combat mission, Might of Steel personal assignment, and the Steel Monsters campaign, you can earn up to 8038 steel from the 3 events plus whatever steel you get from your tech tree Tier 9-10s and premium Tier 8-10s.

But the number of missions and events gets confusing (at least for me), so I had to lay it all out in a spreadsheet to keep track of what missions are going on between the PEF directives, Might Prinz campaign, Nerves of Steel, Might of Steel, and the Steel Monsters campaign.

The Nerves of Steel to me appears to be the hardest one to complete - you only have until Jan 25 to complete it and it can only be completed by playing the PEF.

The Might of Steel just requires a Tier 3 or higher ship - you have until Feb 28 to complete it and the Steel Monsters campaign you have a few months to do it.  I haven't looked at Steel Monsters yet, as my campaign slots are currently occupied by the Halsey tasks.

Looks like I'll probably bypass the Mighty Prinz campaign have until Jan 22 to complete) as I have most of the Tier 6 ships they're awarding, and the camo while cool, isn't different from the normal permacamo for Tier 6 ships (at first glance). 

Edited by wtfovr

[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
7 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Yes when I go and try to figure out whats is what I get confused and end up not buying anything.

You and me both man.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

Prinz Eitel Friedrich in the Premium Shop

Don't feel like waiting for four weeks to complete all Combat Missions of the "In the Name of His Highness!" event to get your Prinz Eitel Friedrich? Don’t worry, there’s another way to get her! Drop into the Premium Shop, where you can find a variety of bundles featuring this ship, as well as a special pack with access to a campaign called "Steel Monsters". We will be covering “Steel Monsters” soon where you will be able to get even more Steel, so keep an eye on the Portal!

Keep in mind that the earlier you acquire Prinz Eitel Friedrich, the sooner you'll be able to jump into the "Mighty Prinz" campaign, and the more time you'll have to earn all of the available rewards!

There are multiple bundles in the shop from the ship for $32.29 for the ship to $129.99 for the big bundle of PEF, Steel Monsters campaign and Might of Steel campaign along with other goodies.

$129.99 Mighty Prinz bundle
T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich
10 pt Commander
port slot
9,000 doubloons
9,000,000 credits
150 Equal Speed Charlie London signals (+50% XP)
150 Zulu Hotel signals (+50% CmdrXP)
150 Papa Papa signals (+300% FXP)
150 Zulu signals (+20% credits)
150 India Bravo Terrathree signals (-10% service cost)
Steel Monsters campaign (4,000 steel)
The Might of Steel (2,019 steel mission chain that stacks with Nerves of Steel and is only in this bundle)
25 - XP boost mission for +200% XP using PEF
PEF flag

$99.99 Mighty Prinz bundle
T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich
6 pt Commander
port slot
4,000 doubloons
4,000,000 credits
75 Equal Speed Charlie London signals (+50% XP)
75 Zulu Hotel signals (+50% CmdrXP)
75 Papa Papa signals (+300% FXP)
75 Zulu signals (+20% credits)
75 India Bravo Terrathree signals (-10% service cost)
Steel Monsters campaign (4,000 steel)
PEF flag

$59.99 Prinz Eitel Friedrich 2 bundle
T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich
port slot
3,000 doubloons
3,000,000 credits
50 Equal Speed Charlie London signals (+50% XP)
50 Zulu Hotel signals (+50% CmdrXP)
50 Papa Papa signals (+300% FXP)
50 Zulu signals (+20% credits)
50 India Bravo Terrathree signals (-10% service cost)

$32.29 Prinz Eitel Friedrich
T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich
port slot

Steel Monsters campaign sold separately as well, see below.

Steel Monsters Campaign

This will be the controversial campaign that will need to be purchased from the shop to have access. The price has not been released nor if it will be available for purchase with doubloons. The amount of steel you can earn from the campaign has not been completely released, but has reported to have been datamined as 5,000-6,000 steel. This *may or may not* be correct. You can get 4,000 Steel from the campaign. The campaign will reward camos, signals, Premium account time (WoWs premium time) and Santa containers along with steel. The battle modes that qualify for this campaign have not been released either. The Campaign can be completed with Tier V or higher ships in Co-op, Random, and Ranked Battles. Some of the tasks will also be available in Clan Battles.

Steel is a valuable in-game resource "mined" to obtain rare warships. Steel is primarily earned by active combat in competitive game modes such as Clan and Ranked Battles. Since adding Steel to the game, we have received many requests to make it more accessible, as not all players have the opportunity to play in the competitive modes efficiently enough, or on enough of a regular basis, to be able to obtain the "steel-priced" ships.

New Year is the perfect time for miracles and gifts, so we’ve crafted several events for you in the game that will help you get Steel, with interesting activities designed for nearly every player. However, the total amount of Steel offered during the New Year events is not that big because we do not want to "devalue" this rare resource, as well as the efforts of many players who have "mined" it through active play in competitive game modes.

Starts with Update 7.12. You can complete it within 180 days of buying it. The campaign can be purchased only once, and the reward you get for completing it will be issued once, too. After you've purchased the campaign, you'll have 180 days to complete all tasks, and if you buy another bundle containing this Campaign, the time it will be available for you is extended by another 180 days. Only the time will be extended as you can only get the rewards once.

$59.99 Steel Monsters Campaign
Steel Monsters Campaign (4,000 steel)
2,019 doubloons

[ADPT2]
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
46 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Nerves of Steel activates w/ the PEF so a PEF bundle gets you that.  Not all bundles contain Steel Monsters.  There’s a stealth additional mission in the highest priced bundle for 2019 additional steel if you examine the items list.

The way I looked at it is it comes down to which of the following are your priorities:

• How much you want to the PEF? If so, do you have the time & the ship requirements to earn it for free? (the last Directive requires you having a ship to grind 4M silver from at least 6 different major Tech Tree lines.   If you don't have the time or the ships in the nation trees & want the ship, consider buying one of the bundles.
  • How much do you want the T6 free ships from the PEF Campaign - Since this campaign only unlocks after you get the PEF - if you do the weekly metered Directives for the free ships - you need to finish the PEF Campaign in less than two weeks if you choose the free option to earn the PEF.  If you don't have the time or the ships in the nation trees & want the ship, consider buying one of the bundles.
  • How much do you care about steel (i.e. you don't have other means to reliably earn Steel, but want one of the 4 available Steel ships - Flint, Black, Stalingrad or Burgogne)?  Depending on your goals:
    • Monsters of Steel (missions to earn 4000 steel) comes w/ the 2 highest priced PEF bundles in the Premium shop (i.e. $99 & $129)
    • Might of Steel - this is a "stealth" mission sequence for Steel that comes w/ the $129 bundle for an added 2019 steel
    • Nerves of Steel is associated w/ having the PEF so this is essentially a free mission for 2019 steel that you get whether you purchase any of the PEF bundles or earn it through the weekly Directives

The answers to the above questions, given your situation and desired ships should outline which bundle to get:

• $129 Bundle - PEF + Monsters of Steel+Might of Steel + Swag = 6019 Steel
  • $99 Bundle - PEF + Monsters of Steel + Less Swag = 4000 Steel
  • $60 - Monsters of Steel (ala carte purchase of just this mission
  • 2019 Nerves of Steel is a freebie as long as you get PEF by any means & have enough time to finish it
  • Prices for Steel ships w/ 25% Discount Coupon
    • Flint - 11600 (8700 discounted)
    • Black - 14000 (10500 discounted)
    • Stalingrad - 28000 (21000 discounted)
    • Burgogne - 30000 (22500 discounted)
  • The Snowflake Steel totals would also factor into this decision depending on how many T8-10 Premium and T9-10 Tech tree ships you have in port to earn Steel with.

Thanks man, that clears things up considerably for me.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,460 posts
2,486 battles
17 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

My accountant couldn't even decide which I should get so I decided not to buy anything.

My accountant figured the best value out for me.

And told me I couldn't have it.

What's the moral of the story? 

Never marry an accountant.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this